Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Does anyone know for sure whats going into the carousels first floor?

Does anyone know for sure whats going into the tomorrowland carousels first floor? Innoventions is more or less no more thank goodness, I was told by a carousel CM that it was going to be a all new "interactive" attraction on the first floor, keep in mind that the original COP attraction was really only on the first floor... any insider news?
    Last edited by GothicManor; 11-26-2007 at 12:12 AM.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Re: Does anyone know for sure whats going into the carousels first floor?

wow...it took me a second to figure out you weren't talking about King Arthur's Carrousel. 10 points, me.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    wow...it took me a second to figure out you weren't talking about King Arthur's Carrousel. 10 points, me.
    Lol.

Anyways, I heard it had something to do with the Wii or something... Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    Let me know when King Arthur's Carousel has more than one floor, 20 points, me. :-)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    Let me know when King Arthur's Carousel has more than one floor, 20 points, me. :-)
    Well, they have some two-story Carousels at malls that don't have a large atrium court, but it's three stories tall. Staircase to Upstairs is on the ride platform, upper and lower level 'jumper' horses share the same pole.

Saw one at a mall somewhere around SoCal -wonder if I can find any pictures...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

My understanding is that Microsoft is moving in. They will host a new "smart house" or "house of the future" type exhibit, showcasing how Microsoft can help make your life better with upcoming products and technologies from the corporation. I believe that as a result of this major rennovation, Tom Morrow will move on to Yesterland.

I may be wrong though. Darkbeer would probably know more.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 11-26-2007 at 02:02 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I believe that as a result of this major rennovation, Tom Morrow will move on to Yesterland.

may Tom rust in peace
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

uh but not at disneyland and thats not the point anyways

— Walt Disney

from what I saw thru the cracks in the blue barrier wall all of the first floor is being ripped out and tom is no more ...

I like the house of the future idea it would be even cooler if it used the whole first floor space and was in the middle utilizing the 2story space and landscaping with a 360 future skyline diorama all around the circular walls and the audience sat in a theater that rotated around the house seeing the outside and in and lots of AA's!!! but thats just my own personal designer fantasy.......

— Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

You all know.. Carousel as in Carousel of Progress That the building was made for. The first attraction in the building. Sheesh.....80 thousand points for me!!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    may Tom rust in peace
    , very good!

Any change for Innoventions can only be for the better...it couldn't have gotten any worse than it was. Looking forward to hearing (and seeing) what's going to happen in there.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by Inanimate View Post
    Lol.

Anyways, I heard it had something to do with the Wii or something
    Oh, I hope not...I'd never pry myself away!
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Minion FOREVER!

A couple of points:
    * yup, Microsoft moving in. House of the future (hope for a very slight nod to Monsanto). Haven't seen any concept art though.

* doubt that Tom will be in rust-heaven... he's too good (& expensive) to do that. He definitely come back as something else.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Well, they have some two-story Carousels at malls that don't have a large atrium court, but it's three stories tall. Staircase to Upstairs is on the ride platform, upper and lower level 'jumper' horses share the same pole.

Saw one at a mall somewhere around SoCal -wonder if I can find any pictures...

--<< Bruce >>--
    Westfield Santa Anita Mall, Arcadia, CA

Last edited by clara; 11-26-2007 at 11:37 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Microsoft is set to takeover the bottom floor with a big budget product presentation. They are expected to get the boot from the Mouse when their contract is up in 2010. Yay! Then, we may be looking at a combination attraction and restaurant - top and bottom floors. The attraction has been hinted to be based on the coming Wall-E film.

Here is a link to Al's column when he discussed most of this -

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al082807d.htm
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast