Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Disneyland Secrets, Stories & Magic DVD

On Dec. 11 a new Walt Disney Treasures DVD titled Disneyland Secrets, Stories & Magic will be released. It's a two disc set, here is official info from Disney:
    On July 17, 1955, Walt Disney opened the gates to Disneyland®, the beloved American icon that has become a cherished destination for generations. It was also the day Walt's sixteen-year dream came true. The centerpiece of this volume is a captivating and nostalgic film that takes you inside that dream. Rare archival footage, new interviews with key people and Walt's own words reveal how his innovative vision became a reality. Then discover more Disneyland® secrets with a fun-filled trivia game, and relive the magic of the recently restored PEOPLE AND PLACES: DISNEYLAND U.S.A. presented in CinemaScope with a new 5.1 audio mix. Featuring exclusive introductions by film historian Leonard Maltin, this is a timeless collection from generations past for generations to come.
    This has the same title as the 50th Anniversary DVD that was never released, not sure if it contains the same stuff though.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disneyland Secrets, Stories & Magic DVD

This is the 50th Anniversary DVD that never got released. Since it can no longer be marketed for the 50th, it's been dropped in a shiny tin and will be sold as part of the Walt Disney Treasures series.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• The Monkey's Uncle

Its also gonna have a REPLICA TICKET BOOK inside the tin!!!

Source: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dis...ies-Magic/8500

Follow the link to see a (promotional?) pic of the tin and contents. Not linking the pic as I think thats a micechat no no?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

GAHHHHH! I've already got mine ordered. It comes out the same day as POTC III. So....I just HAD to order both of them.

I can't wait!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Features include:
    • “Disneyland: Secrets, Stories and Magic”: A revealing new documentary which includes archival footage, commentary from Walt himself and new interviews
    • “People and Places: Disneyland U.S.A.”: Released just one year after the Disneyland opening, this is one of the park’s first cinematic tours presented in Cinemascope and Technicolor with a newly restored 5.1 audio track.
    • “The Golden Horseshoe Revue,” “Disneyland Goes To The Worlds Fair” and “Disneyland Around The Seasons”: three original “Disneyland TV” broadcasts
    • “Operation Disneyland”: a closed-circuit piece made for ABC TV affiliates that illustrates the gigantic challenge of the park’s 1955 opening day live broadcast This internal broadcast has never been seen by the public before.
    • ”Building Walt’s Dream: Disneyland Under Construction”: Also never-before-seen and showcasing color time-lapse footage of the construction of Disneyland. Features illuminating audio commentary from Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter.
    • “A Wonderful World of Disneyland” Trivia Game and Still Frame Gallery
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

•   
    • Shenanigans.

I can't make up my mind if this is a good or bad thing (that it’s just a repackaged old DVD). I'll buy it anyway. Are you SURE this was not released because I distinctly remember the secrets stories and magic DVD being sold in the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

I've already got mine ordered. It comes out the same day as POTC III
    don't the movies come out a week apart?
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    I can't make up my mind if this is a good or bad thing (that it’s just a repackaged old DVD). I'll buy it anyway. Are you SURE this was not released because I distinctly remember the secrets stories and magic DVD being sold in the park.
    Unless I'm mistaken, what you probably remember is this:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/disney...omecoming.html

(a review I did for the "Disneyland Resort: Happiest Homecoming on Earth Official Celebration Edition - Commemorative DVD" back in 2005). It was a promo piece, largely a travel planner, and not a very good one at that. It did have all the 50th bling on the package though...
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    It was never sold, no. I have had it on my wishlist on Amazon since announced for the 50th.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    GAHHHHH! I've already got mine ordered. It comes out the same day as POTC III. So....I just HAD to order both of them.

I can't wait!
    OK, where did you order it? I am not seeing it on Amazon???
    thanks
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• Gobble GOBBLE

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    OK, where did you order it? I am not seeing it on Amazon???
    thanks
    http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Tr...6175110&sr=1-1
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post

I can't wait!
    POTC: III will be released on December 4th (next week), Disneyland: Secrets, Stories, and Magic will be released on December 11th
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Haunted Mansion Lover

I know what I want for Christmas!!!!!
    Foolish Mortal

• I'm not really here

I'm hoping for this DVD for Christmas myself. I've been waiting for this one for a LONG time now. Since before the 50th.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I'm hoping for this DVD for Christmas myself. I've been waiting for this one for a LONG time now. Since before the 50th.
    So have I! I'm really looking forward to this DVD, and I think it'll be the best one yet.

There are so many wonderful episodes of the WWoD, they could keep this series going on for a long time. I'd really like to see a holiday edition with Christmas episodes on it, and perhaps a remasterd version the old Haunted Mansion opening show. (The one with Kurt Russell and the Osmonds).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast