Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• That one girl.

Boo to Blackout days!

I want to go to Disneyland! I've been blacked out this whole month and most of next month.

I haven't been able to ride Space Mountain.

I don't have the extra money to get a blackout day ticket. That's why I have a pass. Grrrr.....

so this thread is for those of us that are blacked out and can't go to the park.

discuss...
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Boo to Blackout days!

It is very hot and very crowded.
    You aren't missing much.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

it really is a crowded time at the park, Space is generally an hour or two wait currently at least without FastPass. Just think how happy you'll be when you do get to go back to the park and go on Space Mt. for the first time.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Shubisha

That was so cool about the 17th =D I'd been stuck in arizona and hadn't gotten to go on space yet and because of being one of the first couple hundred into the park I went on space twice with no line and even buzz lightyear before the park was open to nonDCA people are before all of DCA was even in for that matter. I ended up on space 6 or 7 rides to make up for lost time ;D

And no more booing blackout days for me Now a premium! And I was even the first AP of the 50th woo (ran straight into the bank as they let us in from DCA and was first =D)

if you don't want the blackout days, get the Deluxe or premium, it is worth the extra money, if you have it.

• Rock Star Minion

I have an idea to get rid of complaints about blockout days...
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    I have an idea to get rid of complaints about blockout days...
    I have to agree with this. When you purchase an AP (other then Premium) you do so knowing that there are blockout days. If you want to go to the park on these days you have the choice to either get a blockout pass or upgrade your pass to a premium.

I have nearly two years until my next visit, so what is a couple months to complain about.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista
    I have to agree with this. When you purchase an AP (other then Premium) you do so knowing that there are blockout days. If you want to go to the park on these days you have the choice to either get a blockout pass or upgrade your pass to a premium.

I have nearly two years until my next visit, so what is a couple months to complain about.
    My idea is slightly different from what you think it is. It would be quite revolutionary, yet quaintly old-school.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Shubisha

Get rid of APs and go back to coupon books?

• no flash photography...

yeah, I as tired of being blocked out every saturday this summer. I know have the PAP...

• Banned User

Black out days are there for a reason.... to keep half the people who paid for an AP cheaper out and keep control over the guests.. if it was like say july 4th.. everyone coming would close the aprk soner... having APs pay more to get more is what makes sence...(I technially have a AP for USH.. the basic one with many blasck outs.. I understand why it is there even thought I will only use it once.. when i got in.. LOL..)

• Basking in birthday love

I was given a SoCal passport as a graduation gift when I moved out here for college, but I didn't really have time to go often. When I realized that I would be around for the summer, I upgraded to a Deluxe. It's been totally worth it, because I've gone to the park about six times since the upgrade, more than paying for the AP. When I renew in August, I'm going for the Premium, mainly for the merch discount.

You really have to weigh how often you plan to go on blockout days against how much you want to pay for a passport. If you plan on going to the park every Saturday, it's really a much better deal to get the Premium; if you plan on staying away during peak times (which is generally a good idea anyway, especially for locals) it's better to just get a low-level pass and buy a blockout ticket or two when necessary.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth..............not the cheapest.

If only there was some way in which Disney could still make money but everyone who wanted to get in the gates could for just a nominal fee............
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

56 is normal.... WDW is 60... SWO is 60.. BGT is 56... USF i dont know..

I grew up on FLA's parks and expensive entries... if you want reasonable they will have to remove a bunch of streetmousfere...(street performers..) and people who do things for free... then price might geat closer to reasonable.. then half the rides wontbe open.. now your are reasonable..

price is connected to profit and running the park... (and amount of APs....)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    If only there was some way in which Disney could still make money but everyone who wanted to get in the gates could for just a nominal fee............
    No way. It is already too crowded most of the time. We need higher priced APs and no AP that doesn't have blockout days. Get the crowds down so the occasional visitors, that by far spend the most per day, can walk around the park instead of battle crowds all day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast