Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • Dark Side Full
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    157

    David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    Transcript taken from a recent interview with David Beckham

    Alison: What about accents? Have they changed into American kids?

    David: Well yeah, to be honest you know Romeo keeps saying awesome a lot, ‘awesome, awesome’ and there are other things they keep coming out with and it is funny. When we lived in Manchester Brooklyn kept coming out with a Manchester accent and obviously because I’m from London and so is Victoria, I’m a little bit more common than my wife but you know, them hearing my accent they sound as if they are from London and that is how I want them to sound but they are getting little parts of an American accent. But it’s like I said, you know it is a great lifestyle out there. They are enjoying it immensely but they are not going to Disneyland every weekend because for me Disneyland is a special thing, it always has been. They will only go once or twice, it is a special treat for them.




    Oh, how we Annual Passholders take each daily/weekly visit to the Disneyland Resort for granted...
    *People JUDGE me too quickly...

  2. #2

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    Oh, how we Annual Passholders take each daily/weekly visit to the Disneyland Resort for granted...
    Indeed!


  3. #3

    • Koubu Pilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, Az
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    So by only getting to go once a year, I got the special memories in very much the same way as Beckham's kids!

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    I think he's fibbing about only going once or twice. Last time I was there I kept bumping into him. I knew it was him because he was wearing his LA Galaxy Jersey (with his name on the back). He also wore wigs, because his hair color and style kept changing every time I saw him.

  5. #5

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    That's great how he would deny himself of something he likes. You only go around this life once...might as well go as much as you can.

  6. #6

    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    14,688

    Re: David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz View Post
    I think he's fibbing about only going once or twice. Last time I was there I kept bumping into him. I knew it was him because he was wearing his LA Galaxy Jersey (with his name on the back). He also wore wigs, because his hair color and style kept changing every time I saw him.
    What a typical bipolar celebrity, he wears a disguise so no one will recognize him, but wears his jersey so everybody can notice him. Like all those other celebrities who complain about how being a star is such a bummer and then ask in the very next sentence if you saw their last movie/game/performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Posts
    3,663

    Re: David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    What a typical bipolar celebrity, he wears a disguise so no one will recognize him, but wears his jersey so everybody can notice him. Like all those other celebrities who complain about how being a star is such a bummer and then ask in the very next sentence if you saw their last movie/game/performance.
    Sometimes they need to have a member of the 'great unwashed masses' walk up and remind them how things work:

    "If you don't want to be recognized and mobbed in public, don't wear that jersey everywhere - it only serves as a reminder to those who go 'I know I've seen you somewhere...' This is Hollywood, it is not unusual for celebs to be seen out in public and be left more-or-less alone - unless you choose to make it unusual."

    --<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

  8. #8

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,997

    Re: David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    He loves Disneyland because it's the only place he's actually seen his wife smile.

  9. #9

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    That's great how he would deny himself of something he likes. You only go around this life once...might as well go as much as you can.
    But for some people, it's indeed possible to go too much. And nearly everyone could increase their appreciation and excitement about Disneyland by going less frequently. It becomes a more special and unique experience. I'm not trying to say that AP holders shouldn't go frequently, but there are undeniable advantages to NOT going all the time, and I think limiting kids' early exposure to the park makes it a more special experience for them.


  10. #10

    •   
    • Blind to His Own Faults
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Near
    Posts
    8,060

    Re: David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    But for some people, it's indeed possible to go too much. And nearly everyone could increase their appreciation and excitement about Disneyland by going less frequently. It becomes a more special and unique experience. I'm not trying to say that AP holders shouldn't go frequently, but there are undeniable advantages to NOT going all the time, and I think limiting kids' early exposure to the park makes it a more special experience for them.

    "Bravo, mate. We could teach this planet 'ere somefin, yeah? Teach the li'ull ones proper and BAM!, Bob's yer Uncle ya got foyne li'ull Beckhams runnin' about. Good advice to you Yanks--listen up, yeah?"

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Posts
    3,663

    Re: David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    But for some people, it's indeed possible to go too much. And nearly everyone could increase their appreciation and excitement about Disneyland by going less frequently. It becomes a more special and unique experience. I'm not trying to say that AP holders shouldn't go frequently, but there are undeniable advantages to NOT going all the time, and I think limiting kids' early exposure to the park makes it a more special experience for them.
    Well, there's limiting, and then there's limiting. I can see kids getting jaded if they can walk over there after school, and it's literally a "Ho Hum, What's new on TV?" thing. If you live in the day-trip region, I can't see any problem with three or four times a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    "Bravo, mate. We could teach this planet 'ere somefin, yeah? Teach the li'ull ones proper and BAM!, Bob's yer Uncle ya got foyne li'ull Beckhams runnin' about. Good advice to you Yanks--listen up, yeah?"
    Ummmm... Repeat after me: "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain..."

    --<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

  12. #12

    • A Honorary Autobot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    564

    Re: David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    He loves Disneyland because it's the only place he's actually seen his wife smile.
    That's just the Botox wearing off...

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: David Beckham LOVES Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    What a typical bipolar celebrity, he wears a disguise so no one will recognize him, but wears his jersey so everybody can notice him. Like all those other celebrities who complain about how being a star is such a bummer and then ask in the very next sentence if you saw their last movie/game/performance.
    Kidding aside, it seemed like every gift shop at John Wayne airport had Beckham jerseys for sale!

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] David Beckham in California Adventure
    By InnerSpace in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 06:21 AM
  2. Bend it like Beckham - David scores his first goal for the Galaxy
    By Darkbeer in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 08:55 PM
  3. David Beckham Live In LA
    By goofygoof in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 11:01 PM
  4. David Beckham scores L.A. Galaxy $250 million deal
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 08:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •