Disneyland Pictures (11-25-07) - Christmas Parade, Grand Californian Evacuation, Etc.

My wife, 14-month old son, and I visited Disneyland on Sunday and Monday. We stayed on the 6th floor of the Grand Californian and had a theme park view. I have detailed pictures on my blog at Daddydan.net.

Overall we loved the Grand Californian and got a great deal with our Annual Pass discount. Most of the room was paid for with our Disney Rewards card credits. We plan on making this an annual event. Hopefully next year we can stay two nights instead of one.

Both the ambience and the service at the hotel are top-notch. We enjoyed dinner on Sunday night at the Storytellers Cafe. It was so nice to have a short walk back to our room on Sunday night instead of battling tram traffic with a stroller, diaper bag, souvenir bags, etc.

We did have an incident where the fire alarms went off in the hotel around 2:30pm on Sunday, just after we checked in. We had to evacuate using the stairs and a nice security guard helped me carry my son's stroller down five flights. I asked him if it was a false alarm and he just told me that based on what he was hearing in his earpiece it definitely was not a false alarm but we should be able to reenter shortly. We didn't hang around though, we headed straight to Disneyland. I never heard why the hotel was evacuated.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Pictures (11-25-07) - Christmas Parade, Grand Californian Evacuation,

Grand Cal is a great hotel. Hmmm got to wonder about that fire alarm.

Seems like the Grand Cal gets quite a few of those. And at least one (the Christmas tree fire in the lobby) wasn't a false alarm.

Who knows, perhaps one of our readers knows what happened. Good thing it was the middle of the day, when most guests are in the parks, rather than the middle of the night.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Disneyland Pictures (11-25-07) - Christmas Parade, Grand Californian Evacuation,

I know, Dusty. I did a search on Google News to see if there were any new stories. There wasn't, but I found stories about past evacuations there.

Crazy.