Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• =)

Photo request for DLRR fans

Hey all! So, I've got a little photo request that shouldn't be too hard to carry out. Take a look at this photo. (It's not mine.) See the buildings on the right? These are visible from the NOS train station. Right next to those buildings is a little gap and then the berm behind the train station. I need photos of that gap, preferably showing as much detail as possible, maybe even from a few different vantage points. There's probably a gate up--I'm interested in what's beyond. You'll probably look and say, "Wow, there really isn't anything worth looking at right there..." So I can only ask that you trust me.

As per usual, I'd take the photo myself--but I'm not going to the park anytime particularly soon, I'm afraid. I greatly appreciate the help! This'll help me with my 3D modeling project quite a bit. Thanks in advance!

Re: Photo request for DLRR fans

This probably isn't what you want but I'll post it just in case

• =)

It's a great shot, and it'll come in handy, though it's not what I was looking for. If only we could go back and turn the camera about 35 degrees to the right...

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

So the gap between the "hotel" at the exit of the tunnel and the building with the clicking (can't think of the word of that machine right now)?

• =)

So the gap between the "hotel" at the exit of the tunnel and the building with the clicking (can't think of the word of that machine right now)?
    Yes--but more specifically, if you look behind the left side of that telegraph building, you'll see that the earth of the berm rises up behind it. It's covered in trees. The top of the berm is perhaps fifteen or twenty feet high, but it slopes down near the hotel facade, in the gap you're talking about. This slope reaches ground level very close to the side of the "hotel", leaving a very thin concrete path between the berm and the hotel, a path that leads backstage. I would like photos of this small gap.

Hmmm...I could try but I'm not going until this weekend...

• =)

Hmmm...I could try but I'm not going until this weekend...
    Oh, that would be lovely! Better late then never, ey? This weekend is a lot sooner than my next visit... :P

I will do what I can but my camera isn't anything fancy. I'll PM a link to you when I get the pic. up.

• =)

I will do what I can but my camera isn't anything fancy. I'll PM a link to you when I get the pic. up.
    Thank you so much! I don't need anything fancy. Doesn't need to be a well-composed shot, nor extraordinarily high on the megapixels, nor expertly color-corrected. All I ask for is a shot in which I can tell what's what.

By the way, this doesn't mean that no one else should post a shot. By all means, if you've got one, I want to see it!

• Technological Alchemist

I am going to the Park Thursday. I would be happy to take pics for you.

• =)

I am going to the Park Thursday. I would be happy to take pics for you.
    Ooh, great! Thank you so much.

• Special Agent

This is the only photo of the area I have in my collection - it's from 2005.

Not sure if much has changed back there:

• =)

Thank you, Mr. Liver. That's indeed the area, and this photo will help. What I really need, though, is a shot taken from a spot standing a little ways to the left--maybe around that ramp in the photo--zoomed in toward that gate at the far right of this photo.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Let get wright you want picture of the right of the red Arrow?

hope this weekend I get the photo
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• =)

Yup, that's just right! Just looking right down that little alleyway of sorts. On the other side is the magical asphalt realm of backstage, with its mystical west chiller plant, beautiful no-see-'em-green show buildings, and the sprawling majesty of the ODV building. Anyway, you won't be able to see all that, but I really just need to see as much of that wall as possible, and preferably the slope of the berm next to it. Naturally, the ideal circumstance is for a CM to walk through that gate, opening it just long enough for you to snap a shot, but that's rare.

This area is a major stumbling block for me in my modeling project, since it's covered by trees in the aerial photos and it's so relatively uninteresting that most people don't even notice. Which is the idea--the Imagineers don't want your attention to be drawn to the narrow gateway to backstage, so they create a comfortable, unobtrusive, nicely-themed-but-not-particularly-attention-grabbing area. Very smart and effective design, IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast