Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

$100 Honesty Challange, Missing Goat and Twins

Needless to say, most of you haven't the faintest idea who I am, as I have let myself fall into obscurity over the last few years but for those that remember the following thread will harken back to some of my earlier, more humorous threads and posts.

This trip began last week on "Black Friday". As I raced up the 5 freeways and pulled into the parking structure, I was greeted by a new response from the gatekeeper.

"This is no good." Snarkly (yes I like made up words) said the parking attendant. I was dismayed and shocked. My deluxe pass featured a parking add-on, a feature I paid extra for and had on many occasions used, even on black out days. Now perhaps I've skated this issue before, but upon brief discussion with several other deluxe and so-cal pass members this seemed to be a new issue for those who paid extra for parking.

I asked why and the response from the attendant was less than what you might consider "Disney-appropriate and friendly". This was not the way I wanted to start my trip.

Having paid my parking, I walked/ran to the park *I have begun to forgo the stupid tram over the last year*

After upgrading my pass to a Premium for the sake of ease, I called my family and made arrangements to meet them on Main St. In my attempt to cross the main quad between DL and DCA, my glance happened downwards on what appeared to be a dollar bill.

Upon closer inspection it turned out to be a $100 dollar bill, neatly folded into a tiny square, no doubt dropped accidentally. This begins the moral question that could spark some debate. Without hesitating, I turned to a trio of nearby cast members and flagged them down.

I handed the $100 bill to them and watched as their faces filled with shock and awe. Was it so strange to consider that I did not rightfully have any right to claim the money as my own? The decision was made so easy, when I considered how a $100 bill might make or break someone's experience at Disneyland. I would hate to play any part in that.

Before getting into the rest of my adventure, let's time travel 8 hours into the future. My honesty was not without curiosity. I returned to the "Lost and Found" to inquire to the $100 bill, as if it was my own. I figured, the person who lost the money would have surely checked by now and perhaps they had left a note, or perhaps it went unclaimed and might somehow return to me.

Now this part may not shock some of you but it did me a bit. The money was never turned into or catalogued by Lost and Found. Upon brief discussion, lost money is often turned in and re-claimed in smaller and greater amounts than this $100 bill. The cast member explained that it appeared that the trio of cast members I had handed the money to had most likely pocketed the money.

This has of course left me with a nagging feeling for several days, exposing a plethora of moral questions not specific to Disneyland but more so about honesty. I'll let you discuss.

Returning to the trip, this is the part that I will remember, forgetting my previous less important side bar. This was my twin nephew’s first trip to Disneyland. Now my little guys are only 13 months old but seeing Disneyland through their eyes was the most incredible experience I have ever had at the park.

We rode IASW and I photographed the boys as they sat with their parents, taking in the impressive holiday splendor. I was able to hold my nephew Jakob during the Enchanted Tiki Room and learned a new appreciation for the lights, color and music.

The family also waited to see Mickey in his impressive home in Toontown. Now, I've never been in this place in all the years I have been to the park. In the past if I wanted to see Mickey, I would run into one somewhere in the park so waiting at his house never occured to me. So I was surprised to see how long and eleborate the queue is in his home.... umm wow.

We also snapped off some pics with Santa in the old ranch behind BTMR. If you haven't had a chance to see this at the holidays both during the day and at night, its impressive.

Perhaps even more, I learned to appreciate a parade for the first time ever. Sitting there with the boys and watching them as the holiday parade past us, was amazing.

Also the second morning I watched the better part of a full episode of the "Wiggles" with my nephews and I have to say, that is one incredible show.

Lastly, a trip report would not be complete without a fun ride report. My brother and his wife work very hard and employee a Brazilian woman to help take care of the boys and she came with us to the park. So Friday I dragged her on POTC, IAJA, Matterhorn, Screamin @DCA, and finally BTMR.

Of course as we shot up the second lift, I began to explain the old goat trick and just as we shot down the hill I said ---

"Juuuuussssstttt keeeeeepppppp loooookkkkiiiinnnggg aaaaattttt ttthhhheeeeee...
    WHAT THE HELL, WHERE IS THE GOAT?!?!?!?!?!?"

Needless to say, I shouted this so loud the entire train burst into laughter for much of the remainder of the ride.

So it would appear our lovable goat is missing and watching the rock where he sits is not nearly as fun.

That's mostly it for now.
    Last edited by ah schucks; 11-27-2007 at 09:26 PM.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: $100 Honesty Challange, Missing Goat and Twins

Ugh on the $100.00. I think if I found it, I'd make sure it went directly to Lost and Found, and would take the name of the person who handled it (after reading what you just posted!)

That is really sad that the money never made it there. I'd hate to lose $100.00 and not have someone return it. I have been very fortunate in the few times I've dropped something, that an honest person was close by.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Did you notice the names of the CM's that you gave the 100 bucks to?

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

What's this 'goat trick'?

I figured the Cast Members would have pocketed the money... (Not that I don't trust cast members! I just figured by the way he wrote it)
    It's such a bummer that you can't trust Disney employees.

Glad you had fun though. I liked the Holiday parade.

Oh, and the goat was still out to pasture today...

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Did you notice the names of the CM's that you gave the 100 bucks to?
    That is what I'm wondering too.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post

There's Disney employee's that just want to make 8 bucks an hour, and there's Disney employee's that are looking for a career.

Obviously, those three CM's aren't the latter...

Sad...Truly sad.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

First, welcome back, schucks!

Second, it's quite sad that CMs would pocket the $100 which you turned in. You'd think that turning it into an "authority" would ensure that it would find its rightful place at City Hall. So, lesson learned. If you find something valuable, take it directly to City Hall...hopefully you can trust them.

Third...<jack sparrow voice>but why is the goat gone?! </jack sparrow voice>

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by codelyokorox View Post
    What's this 'goat trick'?

I figured the Cast Members would have pocketed the money... (Not that I don't trust cast members! I just figured by the way he wrote it)

Glad you had fun though. I liked the Holiday parade.
    Goat Trick = on the lift where you pass the snakes shaped as mickeys and such, the track swoops down and circles a cliff with a goat on top, munching on a stick of dynomite. The "trick" is that while you loop down the track, you don't take your eyes off the damn goat, leaving you with a swirly, whirly sensation as you bring your head forward again. It is pretty darn fun.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Welcome back!! Now...don't disappear again ok??

Yes, sadly the goat has been missing for a while. His sad story here:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...highlight=goat

And you know, you would hope that with the spirit of the holidays and being entrusted as keepers of the magic as CM's are that there would be more honesty. But you know what?

Karma is a mutha...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• "I Break Things"

Well that was an eye opener. I have to agree, you heavily foreshadowed the theft of the $100 bill. Many CM's have turned in far greater amounts, and there is an official way to lay a claim on the money if the owner does not appear (I believe it was 30 days but it might have been 60 days). Sad
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Directly directed

That's really disappointing about the CM's and the money. I hope that it didn't ruin some family's trip.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Trying to think naively and hopefully here, but perhaps the person came back to where they dropped the $100 bill and asked the local CMs about it, and got the money back right away.

...I kinda doubt that, though.

How awful. It's kinda sad when the guests are more honest than the CMs (I'm not saying that's naturally true, of course).

And I miss the goat. I remember when someone had spray-painted him blue, and I told a CM, and no one did ANYTHING about it for a good while during th summer I believe.

P.S. - Welcome back!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Welcome back Shucks.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• =)

Wow...how severely not cool of those CMs. I'm feeling more'n a little pissed at the moment...but thank you so much for having a lot more integrity than they do! It really was the right thing to do--and a rather obvious thing, as you said--and I'm sorry the bill didn't make it back to its owner.

(I think I'll console myself by pretending the CMs planted the bill there as an experiment in guest honesty. They were shocked when you returned their bill because a hundred guests before you had passed without picking it up. After all, it feels much better to lose faith in a hundred guests than in three CMs. Go figure. )

And I want my goat back.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast