• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

Question Dilemma on directions

Exactly one week from now at 8:20 am, my family and I have reservations for Chip 'n Dale's Critter Breakfast at the Grand Californian. The dilemma I have is how to get there. I have never been in the hotel and have no idea where any of the entrances outside of DCA are. I was told that there is one in DTD, but the person is fuzzy on where it is.

But here is what I consider my real problem. I am taking my niece, this is her very first time to DL (her mom's and little sisters too) and we are going to the breakfast the very first morning we are there, so before she even goes to the parks and I don't think that I want to walk her by DL and DCA to get to DTD (which would be the fastest path from our hotel) she is 6, and I just want everything to be a huge surprise for her. So I was thinking about going around the block to the street entrance instead. I know it will take more time and more walking, but I don't really think of that as a big deal.

Do you think that it is worth it? Will she care if she see's the entrances before we actually go? And where exactly are the other entrances to the Grand Californian? Is there even one in DTD?
    Christina

• Popular Princess

Re: Dilemma on directions

Well...here's the way I see it. It's really hard to avoid seeing the exteriors of DL and DCA. However, I think the real magic is inside the park, so seeing the outside probably won't ruin it, it will hopefully just make her excited to see what's inside!

And there is an entrance to the Grand Californian from DtD. If I remember correctly it's by Club Libby Lu, but I could be wrong and hopefully some kind MCer will correct or confirm it for you!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• *~*Under the Sea*~*

It is by the libby lu store, in between that and sephora. You go through the walkway and make a right when you hit the dead end. Then you go through the hotel to the left and make another left. after you pass the gift shop (pretty much in the center of the lobby) there will be an automatic sliding glass door. Go through there and the chip and dale restaurant will be on your left Have fun!!

• Popular Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Magic View Post
    It is by the libby lu store, in between that and sephora. You go through the walkway and make a right when you hit the dead end. Then you go through the hotel to the left and make another left. after you pass the gift shop (pretty much in the center of the lobby) there will be an automatic sliding glass door. Go through there and the chip and dale restaurant will be on your left Have fun!!
    I just checked the location of the entrance and saw that I was right! Thanks for the confirmation Mermaid_Magic!

And something I forgot in my first post: Have fun!!!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Ok I give you sky veiw of Grand cailfornia Resort.
    The blue arrow at top is where you enter from DTD Beween Club Libby Lu and Sephora shop
    so if you get off the tram and turn right to main walkway you will see the two stores.

The green Arrow is the main enter to Grand Cailfornia Resort.

the Red Arrow is enter to DCA park.

The gold X is the place you will have breakfast at Storytellers cafe

if come from Downtown Disney:
    1: you walk across the courtyard There is a door by the Pinocchio's Workshop Day care center. walk to mail lobby turn left out the doors to the pool and Stortellers with be on the left side and pool enters be on the right.

2: is turn right at courtyard and through the door. Turn left and walk pass all
    convene center to the check-in desk then turn left, pass the store and out the door to the pool and Stortellers
    Last edited by akfandisney; 11-28-2007 at 01:43 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwysL8 View Post

Do you think that it is worth it? Will she care if she see's the entrances before we actually go? And where exactly are the other entrances to the Grand Californian? Is there even one in DTD?

I doubt that she will be so star struck by the beautiful esplanade/plaza/piazza that it will ruin her excitement of entering the park an hour or two later.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

I figured that I was being a little too particular, it's not as if she doesn't know that we are going to Disneyland. So we will just walk through there to get to the DTD and use that entrance. It will make the rest of my family happier. Thanks everyone!
    Christina

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Here is photo of the entrance

AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    Here is photo of the entrance

Wow, thanks, that is great! I honestly don't know if I ever noticed that before, and I have probably walked by it a hundred times.
    Christina