Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Cherry Tart

littlecricket's Report - Black Friday, Enchanted Experience, and More

While I've done many trip reports in my own Livejournal, this is my first report here on MiceChat so here's a little background.

I work CT at the park in Fantasyland attractions so I'm usually around for peak seasons, and the rest of the year I go to art school in San Francisco. The past weekend I flew home for Thanksgiving and I thankfully got out of working, so I spent my days off being a tourist at the park. ^^

Black Friday (part 1)

They really did go all out this year. The decorations look even more amazing in person.

I dropped in just in time to catch the band in the morning.

And of course, my favorite duo were waltzing to the music. Hatter whispered to me that he didn't want to, he didn't know how to dance. Bah! He's just shy, of course he can! Also when Alice spotted me she pulled me up in front of the crowd so she and Hatter could sing the Unbirthday song to me. It was so sweet! Sadly I didn't get any shots since there was no one I could give my camera to.

Alice sings her solo for Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

A bee landed on Hatter's hat! Well they do say bees are attracted to bright colors. And we love to tease Hatter about his flashy choice in apparel.

When I go to the park, I don't really go on a lot of rides. I like to just walk around and take the sights in. I also take my sketch book to draw characters or scenery.

New Orleans Square is my second favorite area during the holidays (with Small World being my first). I tried playing around with the color accent on my camera.

By this time my friend Jenny had joined me so we stopped at the Cafe on Main Street to get some lunch. She works in the foods department, and she was the first person I really got to know. In fact, she's the one who convinced me to start working there. She's currently on pregnancy leave, but I'm glad she was able to join me this day just to play in the park.

I got an Alice bow at the Disney Store in San Francisco. They had a ton of them for Halloween.

Alice and Hatter stopped by Snow White's Wishing Well and when they heard her voice coming from the well they started to yell for her.

I also got a video with them at the well. Hatter and I start reciting lines from Finding Nemo, then Hatter tries to toss Alice in the Well to keep Snow company. Then they find a coke bottle and try to recycle it for 5 cents so they can make some wishes. My favorite part is when Hatter whines "I want to be a good squishy." Dawww.

After that Hatter had to rush off to get ready for the parade. Of course, Hatter's not IN the Christmas Parade...but I'm not gonna say anything else. X3

Ho hum...just waiting around for a white rabbit.

Later Alice came out again with Captain Hook and invited me and Jenny to ride with her on Storybook. I was so upset when my coworker Cat had to take a break, if she had stayed we would have gotten her boat! (she's also an Alice fan) Oh well, maybe next time. It's also my goal to be cross-trained on Storybook in January since I only know Classics. Then Alice will be able to ride MY boat, haha!

Jenny looked like a couch potato. XD Of course she is 7 months pregnant now, so that's natural. Although Alice did ask if she had potatos growing in her tummy. XDDD

Storybook was also decorated with a small holiday overlay.

Alice said she left these presents for Mr. Rabbit.

Apparently Cinderella had a huge fur tree outside the chateau.

Never liked Toad Hall...Toad was always the most frustrating ride over in the Classics. It broke down at least once a day, and more than once it happened right when I was rotated there.

Pinocchio's village!

I consider myself to be a short girl (only 5'2"), but even I feel tall around Alice.

Peter stopped by for Musical Chairs to help out, since Hatter was gone for the afternoon.

Hook: *sneaks up*

Peter's also a sweetie.

Coming up next - Christmas Fantasy Parade!

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Re: littlecricket's Report - Black Friday, Enchanted Experience, and More

Awesome photos. . Thank you so very much for posting them and for a spectacular trip report.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• i FOUND nemo!!

Too cool! Gotta love Alice and the Hatter.
    "behind the orange curtain it's not so bad"

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

That you so much for a very entertaining TR. Love those photos with the color accent. Your interaction with Alice and Hatter is really cute. Looking forward to the rest.

• Cal Poly DL Lover

Love the pics!! (I'm a sucker for TONS of pics of dl)

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I love it! Just saw the video. Very cute!

• Banned User

OMG this is the best trip report ever!!!!! I love it. Alice says " I have an Idea" and Mad hatter says..... that does not happen very often way to funny. or I get five wishes.... and MAd hatter says I wish for no alice ok, you did a wonderful job, I loved seeing this interaction, I did not know they had so much fun !! thank you, I will be looking for more from you, this made my day!!! Oh and your pics are spectacular

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great report and pictures. I am glad you got to come home for the holidays and relax at the park instead of working.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Nice LitlCricket. Thanks for taking the time to post the pix.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Nice Trip Report. It was great seeing you on Sunday.

• I'm not really here

Dang! My wife would kill for that much time with Alice. =D Great photos... thanks for posting. Love your comments too.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Cherry Tart

Black Friday (part 2)

To my delight I saw the Christmas Fantasy Parade got a big facelift this year. And it was about time!

Enchanted pre-parade! Giselle looks awesome, I've seen her walk around in that dress and it is MASSIVE. Also that girl in the foreground is a friend of mine, which made me realize that these folks with Giselle are not character hosts. They work at the Circle D Ranch backstage, which makes sense considering they have a horse pulling the carriage.

Aladdin's turban seemed to be falling down over his head quite often. Maybe he should get a smaller size.

A personal favorite shot of mine. The fuzz on her outfit seems to glow.

HUZZAH Anastasia and Drizella, they're my favorite part of the parade. And they have new hair! Last year their hair styles were more elaborate, but now they're more recognizeable (thanks Florida for lending them!). I kinda miss the feathers though.

Ana and Driz are just awesome because they get to fight and shout and scream on the parade route and flirt with handsome guys (aw heck, I want their job).

Snow White and Aurora got new gowns for the parade too. They're borrowed from the 'Dream Along With Mickey' show from Florida.

Hellooooo Charming.

I LOVE Ariel's new dress. I'm so glad to see her with legs and dancing with all the other princesses.

Belle's dress is ok, but I like her POD gown best.

Yes, I'm shameless. *stares*

I love the Caroler's gowns too. Twirling shots of my favorite since I took clothed figure drawing classes in school. I love to try and capture that look when I draw.

OMG SANTA!!!

Coming up next - Haunted Mansion Holiday and Small World

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Awesome photos, my older sister would love to see alice that long! I would like to be with Mad Hatter, he seems hilarious.

And, all these photos were top notch. Thumbs up!

• Directly directed

Really great TR!! That is totally awesome that you got so much interaction with the characters and then captured it so well!

• Found my prince!

Great photos. Can't wait for my trip this weekend.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast