Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Down Pluto!

Re: First Look at DCA's Toy Story Mania!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    am I the only one who thinks this will be as cheesy and boring as Buzzlightyear? like winnie the pooh in tecno color?
    Nope - I agree. But it will still be better than what was there - unlike Pooh in Technicolor.

I just hope the technology isn't as slow as it is on the preview website. That would be really lame.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Well at least it is something new for the pier. The facade is great, and it adds some capacity to the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Nope - I agree. But it will still be better than what was there - unlike Pooh in Technicolor.

I just hope the technology isn't as slow as it is on the preview website. That would be really lame.
    no not really!! if they acually did a great ride, a better quality ride with that space it would be worth it, as it is its a lame ride that will be taking up valuable space where a really cool ride could have gone. So its lets keep putting lame slow rides in huge spots to cover ground?
    Gee if they acually put there heads together they could have done something more exciting, say put a loop on the ride now that would be fun, shooting with loops!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    no not really!! if they acually did a great ride, a better quality ride with that space it would be worth it, as it is its a lame ride that will be taking up valuable space where a really cool ride could have gone. So its lets keep putting lame slow rides in huge spots to cover ground?
    Gee if they acually put there heads together they could have done something more exciting, say put a loop on the ride now that would be fun, shooting with loops!!!
    Or we could just wait until we've actually ridden it before determining that it's a "lame ride."
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay View Post
    Or we could just wait until we've actually ridden it before determining that it's a "lame ride."
    completely agree.

When ever we get something new... all people know how to do is complain.

• Crazy Furry

Quote Originally Posted by KrItTeR View Post
    completely agree.

Seconded, for me I feel this could defentily bring in the crowds.

The only thing I can be concerned about right now is the guns being spring loaded, I have a feeling that mechanism could break more often then a simple push of the button.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by KrItTeR View Post
    Y'gotta admit, there have been a lot of recent cases where, if we wait for the attraction to open, there really is a good reason for complaining.

If something appears to be, to someone's eyes, something that may not be up to standards or expectations, I would think it would be good for conversation to bring up that concern ahead of time. And I see a lot of valid comments from both sides of the aisle.

::meant in good spirits::
    Whenever someone has a complaint about something new... all people know how to do is complain. ;-)

• Banned User

I hope that it is Midway Mania here at DCA. It just sounds better than "Toy Story Mania". How does that title say Carnival Games? It can be Toy Story Mania at DHS, but here is has to be Midway Mania.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

man i wish they would learn not to have the guns mounted, they were so akward to use in 'space ranger spin'
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• is too darn hot.

The difference here is that they appear to be a) mounted higher and b) have a free range of motion. Besides, it's like a carnie game such as the one where you fill a balloon with water from a mounted water cannon. Well within theme.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

•   
    • Seasick

It will be good for DCA to have a ride that guests will (likely) want to ride over and over. DCA lacks attractions in general, and lot of them I just don't care to repeat on any given trip.

Looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphenom View Post
    Y'gotta admit, there have been a lot of recent cases where, if we wait for the attraction to open, there really is a good reason for complaining.

If something appears to be, to someone's eyes, something that may not be up to standards or expectations, I would think it would be good for conversation to bring up that concern ahead of time. And I see a lot of valid comments from both sides of the aisle.

::meant in good spirits::
    Whenever someone has a complaint about something new... all people know how to do is complain. ;-)
    Right, but the problem is that with a 3d projection ride, without having actually ridden it, you can't validly criticize the ride as being "lame". Spiderman at IOA is a great example. Without it actually up and running, much of the ride is little more than blank spaces where the projection goes. Running, however, the ride is amazingly immersive.
    You can, of course, issue a blanket charge of "lameness" based on the fact that you don't like 3d projection technology. This argument, however, is just as unconvincing as if I criticized any ride or attraction for it's very format based on personal bias, like "I hate boat rides, Jungle Cruise is lame", or "I don't like animatronic shows, the Tiki show is lame."
    Attractions may be validly criticized for any number of reasons: cheapness, lack of theming, nonsensical story, poor writing, rough or uncomfortable seating/ride cars,
    length, overall feel, etc., none of which can be sufficiently ascertained from a few construction shots, vague ride overviews, and website minigames--all that we've seen so far of Midway Mania.
    So, I say we give it a chance before we decide it's a waste of space and "lame" first.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Smile Re: First Look at DCA's Toy Story Mania!

I have no doubt that it will take the Buzz concept to the next level. Can't freaking wait. Thanks for the article

and ours here at DCA will be called Toy Story Midway Mania, i know a few people working on the project and they have showed me the officail sign with the midway in it, and they also have opening crew shirts for them that i have seen with Midway in it.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay View Post
    Right, but the problem is that with a 3d projection ride, without having actually ridden it, you can't validly criticize the ride as being "lame". Spiderman at IOA is a great example. Without it actually up and running, much of the ride is little more than blank spaces where the projection goes. Running, however, the ride is amazingly immersive.
    You can, of course, issue a blanket charge of "lameness" based on the fact that you don't like 3d projection technology. This argument, however, is just as unconvincing as if I criticized any ride or attraction for it's very format based on personal bias, like "I hate boat rides, Jungle Cruise is lame", or "I don't like animatronic shows, the Tiki show is lame."
    Attractions may be validly criticized for any number of reasons: cheapness, lack of theming, nonsensical story, poor writing, rough or uncomfortable seating/ride cars,
    length, overall feel, etc., none of which can be sufficiently ascertained from a few construction shots, vague ride overviews, and website minigames--all that we've seen so far of Midway Mania.
    So, I say we give it a chance before we decide it's a waste of space and "lame" first.
    Let me ask you a question. Do you truly believe this ride will be timeless like POTC or HM, or will this just be another buzz lightyear? I think this is something we can all predict and the truth is that DCA needs attractions like POTC and HM, not rides that are obsolete in 10 years.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Let me ask you a question. Do you truly believe this ride will be timeless like POTC or HM, or will this just be another buzz lightyear? I think this is something we can all predict and the truth is that DCA needs attractions like POTC and HM, not rides that are obsolete in 10 years.
    Timelessness is not something that can be created. Setting out with the intentional goal of creating timelessness is not a recipe for success. I would love to see your definition of obsolete? Technology? Characters?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast