Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Infinitized!

[Fake]Exclusive photo of new animatronic for Temple of the Forbidden Eye!

Exclusive photo of a new animatronic for Temple of the Forbidden Eye!

Looks good doesn't it? Oh wait a minute, that's the real Harrison Ford...

I wish they'd change them. The face and the voice.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: Exclusive photo of new animatronic for Temple of the Forbidden Eye!

Can't wait for the new movie, maybe well get lucky and have a Indiana Jones Face Character

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post

Be patient.

It might be gradual.

He's getting to the age where he might need some replacement parts soon.

• I'm not really here

It's a sign of just how tired I am today that it took me a full 10 seconds of looking at that to realize that it was a photo and not an AA. I'm hoping they put a realistic looking on in as well. It would be the final bit of icing on a simply awesome ride.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• It's all nonsense

I heard the plot of the new Indy movie involves him going to Denny's for dinner at 2pm and not leaving a tip because of bad service. It's just something I heard though.

• Thanks, Ollie

Unlike Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford didn't sign away his 'likeness' to WDI. They were allowed to come close, but not too close to his features.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

He moves so life like, a little stiff but almost like a human...

• Make it Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    I heard the plot of the new Indy movie involves him going to Denny's for dinner at 2pm and not leaving a tip because of bad service. It's just something I heard though.
    I heard it was Hometown Buffet.

• =)

::is cautiously but undeniably excited about Indy IV::

Quote Originally Posted by themarquisde View Post
    Unlike Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford didn't sign away his 'likeness' to WDI. They were allowed to come close, but not too close to his features.
    Walt Disney World's "The Great Movie Ride" uses his likeness. And one could assume he gave permission for that. Not only did WDI create a great likeness of Harrison Ford for the Indy scene, but the ride narration even mentions it is Harrison Ford, by name.

At Disneyland's Indy ride, I don't know if Harrison prohibited the use of his likeness unilaterally for some new reason...or if Disney decided they just didn't want to pay the extra money.

Which may seem odd to those that noticed...because several wonderful pieces of attraction art by noted production and movie poster artist Drew Struzan...definitely featured Harrison on them. See as just one example:

http://www.theraider.net/showimage.p...yadventure.jpg

But that special "deal" was put together by Struzan and Ford over the phone:

I also got the job to paint the poster and the logo for the 'Indiana Jones Adventure Ride' at Disneyland. They also used me at the request of George Lucas. It was at the unveiling of the poster for the press that I had the opportunity to really talk with George and to get to know him. I also spoke with Harrison Ford for this project. At first Disney did not have the right to use the likeness of Harrison and I couldnít see doing a painting of Indy without including Harrison, he is Indy after all. Disney said if I could get Harrison to agree then I could go ahead. What, me get permission from Harrison Ford when Disney couldnít? Right! Just as you might hope, I called Harrison on the phone and he was as nice and quiet spoken as you would think. He graciously said since I was painting the picture that I could have permission to go ahead and include his likeness. Thatís the Indy we know and love.
    Last edited by Opus1guy; 11-29-2007 at 10:37 AM.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Maybe they will do it like POTC and close the ride and add a few Harrison Ford Indy AA

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by composerboy View Post
    I heard it was Hometown Buffet.
    Either way, I heard he then went home and yelled at some kids who were on his lawn.

This thread title is a little lot misleading.

• A Honorary Autobot

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post

If anyone here has seen Ford's version of Sabrina, you'll all know that he has been replaced by an audioanimatronic for years now.

It sorta explains the whole Callista Flockheart thing...

• A Honorary Autobot

Obviously, Indy is considerably older in this film. Look how high his pants are!

It's more like "Larry King and the Temple of the...waitaminute. Um, the whoozits? Temple of the...whatamacalit? Oh never mind. I'm too old for this crap. I'm cold. Maureen! Get my shawl."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    But that special "deal" was put together by Struzan and Ford over the phone:

"I also got the job to paint the poster and the logo for the 'Indiana Jones Adventure Ride' at Disneyland. They also used me at the request of George Lucas. It was at the unveiling of the poster for the press that I had the opportunity to really talk with George and to get to know him. I also spoke with Harrison Ford for this project. At first Disney did not have the right to use the likeness of Harrison and I couldnít see doing a painting of Indy without including Harrison, he is Indy after all. Disney said if I could get Harrison to agree then I could go ahead. What, me get permission from Harrison Ford when Disney couldnít? Right! Just as you might hope, I called Harrison on the phone and he was as nice and quiet spoken as you would think. He graciously said since I was painting the picture that I could have permission to go ahead and include his likeness. Thatís the Indy we know and love."<< I also got the job to paint the poster and the logo for the 'Indiana Jones Adventure Ride' at Disneyland. They also used me at the request of George Lucas. It was at the unveiling of the poster for the press that I had the opportunity to really talk with George and to get to know him. I also spoke with Harrison Ford for this project. At first Disney did not have the right to use the likeness of Harrison and I couldnít see doing a painting of Indy without including Harrison, he is Indy after all. Disney said if I could get Harrison to agree then I could go ahead. What, me get permission from Harrison Ford when Disney couldnít? Right! Just as you might hope, I called Harrison on the phone and he was as nice and quiet spoken as you would think. He graciously said since I was painting the picture that I could have permission to go ahead and include his likeness. Thatís the Indy we know and love."

Thatís kind of what I recall hearing. As I remember it, Disney management was making demands of Ford that put him off and it was only by the efforts of certain Imagineers that made the project successful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast