• living to haunt

Exclamation 10 days and counting. HELP!

OK, the day is getting closer. We are getting excited! We picked up the packages today with all the goodies and tickets! So what is our problem...
    Mice Chat is my problem. After reading you guys for a few months I want to go check out all the wonderful things you have talked about. I am just having troubles finding them. So please help me with some of these strange sites I seek.

1. The lobster quesidellas (ok can't spell but you get the idea) at the cove bar... Where is the Cove Bar???? And do they still have these treats? And are kids allowed?

2. To go and see the Tortillas made (I'm starting to see a spanish theme here) do you have to make reservations or can you just go?

3. What is the best way to get a ride in that wonderful train car, if it is running while we are there? I am really trying on this trip to get the grandkids to learn about Walt and what he has done. Since the family is building the museum only 45 mins. from us I would like them to get a start.
    We are going to hit the theater and see the old movies, and the other "Walt" things. So the special train car would be perfect.

4. I have three grandkids, the oldest girl gets picked for everything, the youngest gets picked most of the time, and the middle boy is left because he is quiet. What are the chances of getting all three picked for the Jedi Training? Or would it be best to stay away from it all together?

5. How many nemo's are hidden during the que line for the subs? I like to make challenges for them to keep them busy.

6. Who on this list has a club 33 membership and would sign us in for a lunch one day? (OK I know I am dreaming but I have to try)

Thanks for your help! And if you know some little secret about Disneyland that would be fun for the kids and us please fill me in. Be prepared for a very long trip report when I get back.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: 10 days and counting. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post
    OK, the day is getting closer. We are getting excited! We picked up the packages today with all the goodies and tickets! So what is our problem...
    Mice Chat is my problem. After reading you guys for a few months I want to go check out all the wonderful things you have talked about. I am just having troubles finding them. So please help me with some of these strange sites I seek.

1. The lobster quesidellas (ok can't spell but you get the idea) at the cove bar... Where is the Cove Bar???? And do they still have these treats? And are kids allowed?

Cove Bar is at the beginning of Paradise Pier, by CA Screaming

2. To go and see the Tortillas made (I'm starting to see a spanish theme here) do you have to make reservations or can you just go?

Nope it's free! So are the tortillas!
    3. What is the best way to get a ride in that wonderful train car, if it is running while we are there? I am really trying on this trip to get the grandkids to learn about Walt and what he has done. Since the family is building the museum only 45 mins. from us I would like them to get a start.
    We are going to hit the theater and see the old movies, and the other "Walt" things. So the special train car would be perfect.

You have to ask. Honestly it isn't easy to get a ticket. Try the opera house.
    4. I have three grandkids, the oldest girl gets picked for everything, the youngest gets picked most of the time, and the middle boy is left because he is quiet. What are the chances of getting all three picked for the Jedi Training? Or would it be best to stay away from it all together?
    If they like Star Wars who cares? They'll have a great time either way. Don't expect to be chosen and if they are it's a bonus.

5. How many nemo's are hidden during the que line for the subs? I like to make challenges for them to keep them busy.

Sorry, no clue there.

6. Who on this list has a club 33 membership and would sign us in for a lunch one day? (OK I know I am dreaming but I have to try)
    Can't hurt to ask. Can't hurt for me to laugh hysterically too.
    Thanks for your help! And if you know some little secret about Disneyland that would be fun for the kids and us please fill me in. Be prepared for a very long trip report when I get back.

Have a great time!

Chad

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

The Cove Bar is actually located through the entrance to Ariel's Grotto in DCA.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Cal Poly DL Lover

I can't answer any of your questions (sorry) but I hope you and your family have a great time!!
    And I can't wait for your trip report!!!!

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ladydragon55 View Post

1: cove bar is behind Ariel's Grotto in DCA.

Lobster Nachos
    Tender lobster pieces atop corn tortilla chips, smothered in black beans,
    tomato, roasted Poblano peppers, cilantro and jack and cheddar cheeses.
    $10.99

2: Free one per person

3: you need to ask the Castmember very nicely and you may have to wait.

4: I think there are ten. but most are back by the old boat loading dock.

5: member will need to PM you.

keep asking someone will answer you
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Also, in the Nemo line, a CM will hand out a fun little card that has activities like find the hidden objects and trivia and such on it.

Have a great trip!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

When I rode the Lilly Belle I went to Guest Relations at City Hall in the morning and asked. They called the Main St Station and gave me a time to be up there. I was also given a souvenir ticket for the ride. I was able to get on the first day I asked.

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Have a great time!

Chad
    thank you so much for the help and for the good thoughts! We are going to have a GREAT time! I just wish we were going to be there for the meet. Maybe next time.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    The Cove Bar is actually located through the entrance to Ariel's Grotto in DCA.
    thanks for the info! We are going to have lunch at Ariels Grotto so maybe we will snack there first.

OFF TOPIC - Love your avatar! Can't wait for the movie!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by vic_ster1047 View Post
    I can't answer any of your questions (sorry) but I hope you and your family have a great time!!
    And I can't wait for your trip report!!!!
    Thank you for being so kind to reply! I am already planning all the pictures I am going to make sure to take...yeah right!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    Lobster Nachos
    Tender lobster pieces atop corn tortilla chips, smothered in black beans,
    tomato, roasted Poblano peppers, cilantro and jack and cheddar cheeses.
    $10.99

5: member will need to PM you.

keep asking someone will answer you
    Thanks for the nachos description! It sounds yummy!

As for the club 33 I know that I am dreaming, but I want to say I tried. Then again it would kill tradition to not have the picture of the grandkids outside the club 33 door begging to be let in!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Also, in the Nemo line, a CM will hand out a fun little card that has activities like find the hidden objects and trivia and such on it.

Have a great trip!
    This is wonderful to know! It makes the lines go so much faster! And a big plus this year....ready...NO STROLLER!!! Yeah! And since we are staying in a park hotel we can send out bags to the room and not carry them around! thank you for your help and for the info!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    When I rode the Lilly Belle I went to Guest Relations at City Hall in the morning and asked. They called the Main St Station and gave me a time to be up there. I was also given a souvenir ticket for the ride. I was able to get on the first day I asked.
    AH I have some hope now of getting them on it! With a the B&tching we do here about the park and change, or no change, I think sometimes we forget about the dream of one man that made it all possible. They live in a world where they are told a lot of negative, so I want them to realize the fact that it can happen! You have all been a great help. If anyone knows something at the park that can help with showing them the WALT part of Disney I would love to know about it! Maybe that is another thread.
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• Hiding in the shadows

From what I have heard from friends that have had the ability to ride the Lilly Belle recently is this:

1. you have the get on at Main Street Station.
    2. Find a cast member and ask really really nicely, maybe even tell them that you are teaching your kids about Walt, I have heard they can be a bit timid about little kids.
    3. Be prepared to wait upwards of 20 to 30 minutes
    4. Make sure the kids are very calm and patient when you ask, they will probably help in the CMs decision to let you ride.

Also for Jedi, arrive early and sit up front. This may be you best bet to try to get chosen, but don't get discouraged if you don't...its a hard part to get!

Have a great trip!

A little piece of heaven