Month old TR anyone??

I'm embarrassed to say that it's been a month now since we got back but better late than never I guess.

We flew into LAX on Oct 25th to smoke filled skies

After waiting at least 45 min the Disney Express showed up and after stopping at DLH and countless others, we finally arrived at Howard Johnsons. I think next time we will rent a car, we weren't impressed with this service at all.

After settling in as quickly as possible, all 13 (yes 13) of us headed to the park!!

I always love the first look at the train station!

My daughter aka princess, can't believe we are finally here!

Now going with 13 people, you have to be ready to go with the flow (or take off on your own). I always ride the train first. No one else wanted to. So we settled on:

I hadn't been on the DLR version since the movie add ons and really enjoyed it. So much better than WDW's, which we saw last year.

After Pirates we were hungry so we went over to the French Market for dinner. The line was painfully slow but the food was delicious! Princess sadly started feeling really ill so I waited at the exit of Indiana Jones for everyone else. My wonderful husband who isn't nearly the disney fan as I would like him to be, offered to take her back to the hotel so I could stay longer. By the time we got everything settled, our group had gone their own ways so I had some glorious time to walk around all by me onsie and do whatever I wanted!! So I took some pictures:

Seeing how these night shots turned out, I'm convinced I need to save up for a good digital SLR!

I did manage to find half of the group and after a churro stop or two, we headed back to the hotel for the night. Princess threw up in front of McDonalds on the way back (sadly this wouldn't be the only time someone was ill this trip) but she was feeling better by the time I got back.

Day 2 to follow!

• Drunk On Disney

Re: Month old TR anyone??

Ahhh, October 25th 2007! I remember it well!

Great pictures so far!

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• I'm not really here

Loving this TR so far. Keep em coming. 13 people is definitely a large group. Most I've done so far is 6.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Day 2:

Another problem with going with 13 people is that everyone wants to stay together and no one is ready at the same time!

Princess is feeling much better this morning and is all ready to go! That's my niece with her.

My husband planned to buy a car down there and drive it back home. After a wonderful breakfast at Mimi's the two of us head over the DTD to pick up his rental car. We ended up at the DLR lobby as we didn't find the rental place at first and had to ask where is was. I am so staying there next time!

After realizing I left my video camera on all night, hubby drove me back to the hotel, I charged it up, and then it was more glorious alone time before I was scheduled to meet up with the group at 10am in front of DCA.

I decided to go over to Disneyland and grabbed a coffee and croissant at the Blue Ribbon Bakery and wonder Main Street for a while.

The meet in front of DCA was quiet exciting, my sister in law was dreamed just before she met up with us with reserved seating at Billy Hill! I was so thrilled, no one else had seen them before so they didn't get it but they sure did later in the day.

My BIL took the girls on Splash Mtn and they were all soaked! The 3 teens had hit all the mountains in DL in about 45 min. Everyone was in a good mood and it was off to DCA!

Those who dared headed for TOT!

Those who didn't met a Robinson!

The older group decided to head for Soarin' and the rest of us decided it was time to Scream over California! We made plans to meet up in an hour. That didn't work out so we kept riding.

After last trip, I passed on this one!

Ready to Soar! That's my son being a goof in the front. My BIL is in the back with his kids and our friend is in the back.

They had never been on Soarin' and just loved it.

Next stop:

As I am always the one who gets soaked, I passed again and took the time to get some pictures of the area

Of course they didn't get a drop on them and now I was known as a big wimp. Oh well!

After watching them ride the Malliboomer over and over Princess was attacked by a large frog!

After riding Screamin' again everyone wanted to go back to TOT. I don't think they realized how long it takes to get there because that's how the day went. I prefer to see and do everything in one area before moving on but I kept my mouth shut for now and followed along. Some sights on the way:

Princess wasn't quite brave enough to go on TOT even though she went on it at WDW so we watched the High School Musical show. It was very well done and she loved it!

We met up with everyone at the exit to TOT and I made them go on Monsters Inc.

It was finally time for the Billy Hill show and our front row table! It was a great show and everyone wanted to see it again.

After the show it was off to Big Thunder Mountain!

After splitting up again, us girls decided to go to the Plaza Inn for dinner.

We had a wonderful meal and I just loved looking around the restaurant. Everyone else thought it was gawdy. They just don't get it I guess...

We caught the end of the parade and headed to Tomorrowland

My husband finally called and I met up with him under the castle. We were hoping for a romantic evening strolling the park but the group found us and we somehow ended up taking the girls on Buzz Lightyear and Star Tours.

We decided to call it a night and headed back to the hotel with hope of early arrival at the park tomorrow. Would it happen?? Stay tuned...

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Good so far. Better late than never.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Brave soul going with 13 people. Thanks for posting the report. I actaully love late trip reports because we get to see some of the decorations I've already forgotten about.

Thanks,
    Chad

Day 3:

I wake up feeling a bad cold coming on. After breakfast at Mimi's and saying bye to hubby who is off car shopping again we head over to DCA. Yes we missed our planned early morning.

The day went the same as yesterday, back and forth from TOT to Screamin'. I won't go into details because I still get frustrated thinking about it so i'll just show some random shots:

Hubby got back early today after giving up on finding a car. Princess wanted some daddy time so they took off to DLR while my son and I headed to DTD to buy him some clothes (he was soaked and we didn't feel like going back) and to meet up with some VMK friends! After a nice visit we headed to DLR to hit some rides and get some more sign pictures.

Someone made reservations at Pizza Naples for dinner so we met up with most of the group there. Honestly I wasn't impressed with the pizza at all but it was nice to sit outside and take in the surroundings around us.

That's me and my son, I'm really not feeling well at all by this point.

Princess asked the balloon guy to make mickey ears and this is what she got.

Back to DCA now for more sign shots and rides, hubby hadn't been there yet:

We went on TOT and everyone wanted to go again but I didn't feel like it so I headed to the Animation building. The zoetrope was one of the coolest things I've ever seen!

By now this cold has hit me like a ton of bricks. Time to call it a night and hope for some sun tomorrow as we head to the beach for the day!

Day 4 will be here later tonight, kids are off school today and we're going shopping!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

More More!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain