Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Re: Where is Walt in Disneyland?

The fact that Disneyland even exists speaks the most of Walt Disney. Every time you see people smile coming out of a attraction, that is Walt's legacy. He wanted to make people happy. He told his imagineers that he did not care so much what they built as long as it made people smile.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

For me...he is in every inch of Main Street. That he based it upon his childhood hometown, in Marceline. And, that he created SO many things. He is the Tiki Room and Haunted Mansion and POTC. Those are the main things I think of him when I am on them, because he actually had something to do with it.

There is a wonderful DVD called, "Walt: The Man Behind The Myth" that is outstanding about his life.

http://www.amazon.com/Walt-Behind-Di...6486951&sr=8-1

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

CSI would find Walt's fingerprints all over the park. Glad to say, he committed a wonderful crime.

Dlr-imo

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i'd say main street is the most walt, (if that makes any sense)
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Former Cast Member

Read the plaques as you walk under the train onto mainstreet.

Go to the Flagpole and read the opening day comment. There you have Walt's words front and center.

You also have Walt in with whom you are going to the park. Walt wanted a place for Adults and Kids alike to enjoy together. Every ride you can go on and enjoy together is what Walt was a part of.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Red Face Re: Where is Walt in Disneyland?

Walt is anywhere you want him to be. Anyone can walk into disneyland, go on the rides, and see it as just another "theme park" with happy employees.

However, the moment you tell Walt's Dream to anyone, the Park goes from theme park to Disneyland. Walt's part of the dream lies within you now. You make the Dream of Disneyland what it is within the eyes of the young at heart.

It's up to you to tell his story now, and let the magic of his Dream live, through you.

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Main Street, all of it. The Penny Arcade, the ice cream shop. I saw Bert and Mary Poppins dancing with some little kids to the piano outside Coke Corner, and it just tugged on my heartstrings so much. Have them watch the cartoons in the theater! Those used to hold my attention.
    I love the story of Mary Poppins and the kids. The cartoons are a must stop! No question there. I am lucky that my daughter is as much of a Walt person as I am so she is all for a little more time on finding the heart of Disneyland!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    you could schedule a "Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour". It always sounded like fun to me.
    I was thinking of that, but the 4 year old is a little to young, and to busy, to try that yet. In a couple of years that will be our first thing to do!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Kath2188 View Post
    Take them to the central park/plaza and take a picture in front of Walt, reading the plaque. Then take them over the drawbridge into the castle.
    I am actually watching "Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes" it was made in 2003, BUT it is focussing on Walt and his vision. It actually takes you into his apartment and into Club 33. Even though I just got back 4 days ago from a fabulous 5 day trip to the park, it is making me want to go back!!! Not sure how old your grand children are, but if they are old enough, this is a great way to see what DLR is all about.
    The grandkids are 4 - and very active, 6 - and very shy, and 7 - a princess in the making.

The first picture is always of them in front of the statue, after we have read the plaque. This year the 7 year old is going to read it all by herself! The middle boy was having fine motor skills problems in class, wouldn't stay in the lines coloring, so I told him that Mickey Mouse and all the Disney cartoons were drawings first on paper. So if he would like to become a cartoon artist he would have to improve. No problems now! See what Walt can do.

Is this video something that can be purchased, or is it just on the TV?
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    There is a nice collection of photos on display in the Disneyland Hotel, along with numerous prints depicting concept artwork..
    Thank You for a wonderful idea. That would be great to show them photos and such! Take the monorail over there and get out and walk around!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    Frontierland, where the kids can pet the horses, the cabin with the loft, kids can color. That was a very special place. I could feel Waltr all around there, pictures on the wall.
    Then we talked with the CM there about the horses retirement and stuff. very cool.
    I see from your sig line that you are a museum fan also! I am trying to find out how to contact them so I can become a docent there, or some kind of volunteer work.

I have never seen the cabin with the loft, where is that located! Please tell me more.
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    Nothing to me says "Walt" more than a grand circle tour on the Disneyland Railroad. If you look at the original park plans (when it was located in Burbank), it was mostly a train park. Walt loved his trains and I think it most have been a thrill for him to take his model trains into a full-size reality.
    To all of you that mentioned the trains, thank you. When we go into the park we all have our "traditions". We always go in the right hand side and read the plaque and then straight to the trains on Main St. Station. One complete circle around the park, and a wave to Walt's office when we return! Funny until reading more on this list I didn't realize why I felt a need to always do the trains first. Walt works in mysterious ways!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Go see his only window (technically) in ToonTown next to the Library. All of Main Street, Opera House has cool concepts and a model of what DL looked like in 1955.
    The year I was born...so a very good year

What is the show in the Opera House now? Has it changed back yet? I will have to check out that window
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    Wow... it seems lately we are making a halibut of derailing these threads. It's like you guys are Hooked on it. I don't want to be the one to stand on some perch and preach to you folks about the importance of staying on topic, but honestly, if it was your thread, you'd be singing another tuna. So, let's all clam up, quit being shellfish, and answer get back to what the OP had intended. Sorry, didn't mean to mussle in here.
    I know this is off topic but here is a picture of my second greatest hobby...

So be as off topic on this one as you like! I love your avatar by the way! That kitten is tooooo cute!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast