Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• living to haunt

Re: Where is Walt in Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    Trying to get us back on track...

Depending on when you are going, time permitting, I think showing them the Disney Treasures DVDs "Disneyland USA" as well as/or "Your Host Walt Disney" is a great way for kids to see that Walt was a real, flesh and blood guy who had an idea and along with some help, made it happen. He talks about the park, his projects, ideas and goals... many of which would then be recognizable once they visit.

The DVDs are available at NetFlix if could be on your doorstep in about three days time.

Thank you what a great idea! Since they are taking the video player, or whatever they are called now, in the car with them they can watch it on the 8 hour drive down there! will keep their attention!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    Where isn't Walt in Disneyland?

Ok thats debateable

But if you see people smiling......That is where Walt is.
    They need one of these icons for "bringing a tear to my eye". What a wonderful thought. Thank You!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by SHowardcpa View Post
    I think Walt lives in the details.

Ever go on Storybook land and look to see how the Matterhorn lines up with the sight lines of the snowy mountain scenery of that little house on the hill?
    No but I will now!

Ever notice that once you step under the tracks the outside world nearly disappears?
    That I have noticed! And I love it every single time it happens!

Walt is everywhere. His initials are in the railing of the balcony that used to be the Gallery. The big WD is carved into the "trees" backdrop of Toon Town.
    Never noticed this, but again I will now!

Walt is and always will be Disneyland.
    Could not be put better...thank you!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by MHatter469 View Post
    A different approach to the question...

In the Baby Center on Main Street one can see Walt's own baby picture.

In the Cristal D'Orleans in NOS one can see a one of a kind crystal etching of Walt.
    Thank you! I knew of neither of these! And the kids will love the baby picture. As for the Cristal D'Orleans...I will take a picture and show them...bull in a crystal shop!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    CSI would find Walt's fingerprints all over the park. Glad to say, he committed a wonderful crime.
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Thisguy74 View Post
    Read the plaques as you walk under the train onto mainstreet.

Go to the Flagpole and read the opening day comment. There you have Walt's words front and center.

You also have Walt in with whom you are going to the park. Walt wanted a place for Adults and Kids alike to enjoy together. Every ride you can go on and enjoy together is what Walt was a part of.
    This trip I want them to watch the flag ceremony. Last month we went to put flowers on my Mother's grave who we lost a year ago. Disneyland with her family was a place she loved because of the smiles and the happiness. When my granddaughter saw my sister saying a little prayer she asked if she could do something. We said of couse. Not knowing a prayer she went over, put her hand over her heart, and said the most important thing she knew...the Pledge of Allegaince. So this year she will be able to say it in front of Walt.
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    Walt is anywhere you want him to be. Anyone can walk into disneyland, go on the rides, and see it as just another "theme park" with happy employees.

However, the moment you tell Walt's Dream to anyone, the Park goes from theme park to Disneyland. Walt's part of the dream lies within you now. You make the Dream of Disneyland what it is within the eyes of the young at heart.

It's up to you to tell his story now, and let the magic of his Dream live, through you.
    That is the reason I put this question out there. It is wonderful to see where everyone finds the dream. This thread proves that Disneyland is not a ride, or a meal, or a toy, it is a feeling. As one person said "the hair on the legs of the pirate on the bridge. Details" The feeling of appreciation for his love of details. Another said walk through the drawbridge... not take a picture, or stand in front, but walk through as he did so many times. This thread has turned into something wonderful. I am going to try and print it up so the kids can read it and see how people "feel" Walt at the park.

Thank You All for your thoughts!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• I'm not really here

For me, the most Walt place in the park is the park itself. The fact that it exists at all is the truest testament to the power of dreams and hard work. The fact that it isn't a strip mall shows just how one dream and the will to make it happen can change the world.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Your grandchildren are very fortunate to be going to Disneyland with you. I wish I had been able to take my grandson sooner. Our first trips were to Disney World. Sean probably goes more for the rides. However, I feel that on our recent trips to Disneyland together he did get a feeling of where all this "Disney Magic" started.

When I posed this question to Sean, he remembered the many different photos that he saw of Walt Disney that are all over the park.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• A Weather Eye Open

I'm reading this thread, and I'm only at the end of page three and I'm tearing up. Oh jeeze!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234