Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

How IS Blue Bayou these days?? Is it Good or No?? I've heard conflicting reports!

Still planning on our trip which starts tomorrow! ha!

Is Blue Bayou still as good as it was prior to the revamp of POTC?? We used to go there EVERY trip, but, after the re-do, I heard the food wasn't nearly as good. I am just wondering if those reports are accurate?

What are your experiences, recently, with Blue Bayou???

Thanks!

• Fighter Pilot

Re: How IS Blue Bayou these days?? Is it Good or No?? I've heard conflicting reports!

it's good, people that say no...they just have problems

• Rather Be At Disneyland

Re: How IS Blue Bayou these days?? Is it Good or No?? I've heard conflicting reports!

I was there a few weeks ago and I thought my Monte Cristo sandwich was delicious! Our service was great and the atmosphere was awesome. I loved it.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Go not to MiceChat for advice, for they will say both yes and no...

it's good (lunch is my favorite)

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Good but expensive. I'll ride both sides of the fence here.

• Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Good but expensive. I'll ride both sides of the fence here.
    I agree. The prices jumped up and it seemed (for dinner at least) some food jumped off! More expensive and less food = Not so much.

However, the atmosphere and service is 5 stars!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Went in October, prices were consistant with resturaunts of its type, large portions, good service and the food was good

Id recommend against getting the wedge salad though.

Gahh! Now I want a Monte Cristo Sandwich! Grrrrr.

• *~*Under the Sea*~*

The short ribs are to die for! They also have much better service (we had like 3 people waiting on us) and they let us take home the menus as a souvenir (has lots of cool pirates stuff on the back) !

• Knight that says Nee!!

Must...have...Monte Cristo!!!!

We have been since the refurb, the food is good. We will be eating lunch their one day of our trip next week (6th-9th).

• A Honorary Autobot

I went for my B-day in June and the service was miserly but the food was good (very good for DL, good for regular restaurants). Surprisingly enough, my wife and I had a much more enjoyable brunch at the Cafe Orleans than our dinner at Blue Bayou.

I have liked it less and less the more I go. The atmosphere is top notch, but the limited menu, high prices, and tremendous wait have really put a damper on things. I understand a little wait, but having all the reservations crammed in that lobby and waiting upwards to an hour for a table is a little silly. I also wish they'd expand their menu to a few more dishes, many times I go and people in my party just can't find something to order.

This is why Disneyland needs more atmospheric table services. Have different resteraunts with different tastes and would spread those reservations out across the park.

Whether or not the food is good is so subjective. Kinda like asking which is better; apples or oranges. I think you will find most of us will tell you the food is great. Doesn't mean you will like it.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    I agree. The prices jumped up and it seemed (for dinner at least) some food jumped off!
    Oh, good, the amazing shrinking menu wasn't my imagination!
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Circle of Ancients

I was there Nov. 2 this month and I loved it as usual.

Crab legs are to die for and so are the crab cakes. I always have the salad when I eat there. My youngest daughter loves the soup.

I've noticed they added more spices to the prime rib and filet migon if you like spices. It has a more peppery taste to it.

You are going to get mixed reviews on eating places but I would just go there to see or eat for yourself.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast