Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rockin' Roller Coaster

This might already be a thread, but isn't there enough space in Hollywood Pictures BackLot, to put on in. If you take out Hollywood and Dine, then it would fit. They could make it even better than the Paris and WDW versions. They could use the backward track technology, combined with the LIMs. It could be alot of fun, but at the same time, do we really need another clone.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Re: Rockin' Roller Coaster

Backward track technology?

LIMs?

Rock N Roller Coaster uses LSMs, to push a pusher car that engages with the rear of the train. The pusher car then goes back to the launch point at nearly the same speed that it goes forward....

So, they don't use the same track technology that Screamin' uses. Is it more like a slingshot. Could they build it in DCA?

• Banned User

RNRC uses LIMs to launch.. it is more reliable than screemin since it is indoors and can cool off fast....

I dont think RNRC needs to be cloaned at DCA.. they have Californa screemin which is a version of the ride.. set outdoors with a unique track but same ideas...(if you get a car with audio and yellow did not have audio..)

• Official MC Thread Killer

I don't think RRC will ever happen especially since Rock It Mountain is coming. Also, I actually hope RRC won't go in there, I think they can do much better things with that space...
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

can they put anything in that space, it looks like a Hollywood Ghost Town. Nothing happens, Millionare is closed, Hollywood and Dine is only used for private parties. Only Mosnters Inc. is coming. They might want to think of something original for once, not based on a Disney or Pixar movie.

• Wonderful World

Yea hopfully they put somthing there before monster INC comes out.I would Imagine if they did anything to it it would be during the hollywood backlot Rehab
    I'm back MiceChat

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    RNRC uses LIMs to launch.. it is more reliable than screemin since it is indoors and can cool off fast....
    RnRC does NOT use LIMS - It uses LSMs, to push a pusher car that runs on a parallel track UNDERNEATH the track the ride train is on. The ride operates just fine outdoors in Belgium. If anything, the reason RnRC is more reliable than Screamin' is because it's not built by Intamin...

• Banned User

Question Re: Rockin' Roller Coaster

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt
    RnRC does NOT use LIMS - It uses LSMs, to push a pusher car that runs on a parallel track UNDERNEATH the track the ride train is on. The ride operates just fine outdoors in Belgium. If anything, the reason RnRC is more reliable than Screamin' is because it's not built by Intamin...
    Well.. vekoma doesn't have great reliable completely either... I heard their coasters sometimes age badely....

My mistake on the LIM remark.. (I was hinking on when i was told it was lim but searching through my blueprints and the rcdb and wdwmagic it is LSM...)

I wonder why vekoms did not do Screemin then... it might be better and the cars might all have their audio working... (I heard the audio finally on the 2 disk CD on the way home.. thinking how that would be better than the dead noise of screeming people...)

• Still lost in Neverland

I rode California Screamin last weekend, on Saturday with my Godon and on Sunday with my sister. On both trips no music was playing on the cars. I wonder if that has now failed completely? JD went back later and rode it again,, and he said he heard nothing on the ride itself. So that's three trips with no music, all in different cars on different color trains.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• The one, the only...

I have to say that Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is nothing like Screamin'. First, Screamin is very limited because it goes on such a narrow, two dimensional track. One feels like it goes all the way to the end and then back. Not much of the twisting, turning sensation of RnRC. Second, RNRC has a full theme and story line. Screamin' really has nothing. Lastly, the element of darkness greatly enhances the ride's thrills. Seeing the track before you go on it reduces the suspense. Screamin reminds me of a Knotts ride. Fun, but limited in space and thrills.

It is kind of ironic that Florida rides that were designed with California themes but were not incorporated into DCA. Here Disney Management had a tried and true winner with RNRC and Tower of Terror, but they did not plan to add them.

I think that RNRC could fit perfectly at DCA because of the theme, but because of its size, it should have been part of the original plans and just have been a replacement for Screamin'. Screamin's real purpose is to provide a nice view for hotel guests who stay at Paradise Pier.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Shubisha

I'd rather have a re-themed coaster than just rock'n'roller coaster :P And if they're really trying to redefine hollywood pictures backlot, the premise of RRNC doesn't help.

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    I rode California Screamin last weekend, on Saturday with my Godon and on Sunday with my sister. On both trips no music was playing on the cars. I wonder if that has now failed completely? JD went back later and rode it again,, and he said he heard nothing on the ride itself. So that's three trips with no music, all in different cars on different color trains.
    I went on it numerous times last week. It never worked. It makes the ride disappointing whenever you know there's supposed to be audio and there isn't. I think Screamin' needs to go down for a rehab soon..
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I would like to see a Family friendly total immersion attraction such as the likes of HM or Pirates placed in this area of DCA. Already have a roller coaster but don't have any Immersive attractions to speak of.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    I would like to see a Family friendly total immersion attraction such as the likes of HM or Pirates placed in this area of DCA. Already have a roller coaster but don't have any Immersive attractions to speak of.
    YEAH!!!

Something that might actually be a *DISNEY* attraction, in a Disney park...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast