Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face Lack of Fireworks!!!

Just returned from a weekend at the DLR and had a question regarding the fireworks show at the MK. I originally saw the show in May and loved it. This past weekend I convinced several others to make the trek from Northern Ca. to view it this weekend. Unfortunately, both Friday and Saturdays shows were cancelled due to the wind. How often does this happen with the new show? Is it due to the Tinkerbell apperatus or because of the pyrotechnics from the buildings in Fantasyland?

I promised my begruntled guests I would look into it and told them what a great forum this site is. Any insight would be appreciated.

Re: Lack of Fireworks!!!

while it is extremely disappointing when fireworks performances are cancelled, it only occurs when necessary. The Disneyland Resort places priority on the safety of both Cast Members and Guests. If weather conditions pose a threat to the safety of those in the Resort, a decision is made in favor of safety. i do not know if weather was a factor in this case.

as you know, there are multiple launch locations for Remember, Dreams Come True, and many onstage areas where Guests and Cast Members are present.

the performance is not cancelled frequently, but when it does, it is after careful consideration and at the last possible moment- always keeping safety a priority.

though all shows and attractions are subject to change without notice, i am sure the DLR regrets any inconvenience the cancellation may have caused.

• Basking in birthday love

On my birthday, the fireworks were delayed for about twenty minutes to wait for the wind to die down, and they disabled two of the eight stretching room locations when it finally did start. It doesn't happen often at all, but in my experience, wind is usually the culprit.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

I heard that due to the close proximity of some launcing sites.. that the wind can bring some of the fall out into the crowds... which can be quite unpleasent.. (I only got smoke once from a WDW Famtasmic...Never other fireworks show..)

thats one factor.. another is if a firework becomes a dud and the wind takes it it can go far into audience area... many factors...

• Rainicorn.

Safety first.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

•   
    • Disney Dream 10/23!!

This happened quite frequently last summer and this winter because of the weird weather we've had. It really sucks, but it's all for safety reasons.

• CM for 4 years!

Last December I was watching Believe There's Magic in the Stars Christmas show, but they cancelled them halfway through after half of us watching from the Small World mall got ash in our eyes. It sucked a lot. We were blind.

If they just ran the show of Remember... can you imagine if all of the park got ash in its eyes? It would be sad times.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

The late Summer Santa Ana winds dont Blow...... They SUCK.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• something else...

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    The late Summer Santa Ana winds dont Blow...... They SUCK.
    OH! SNAPS! Points are deserved right there...seriously...
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• Disneyland Historian

By the way, Remember has only been cancelled twice an that was this Friday and Saturday. It did run tonight.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmh48
    By the way, Remember has only been cancelled twice an that was this Friday and Saturday. It did run tonight.
    The hot, muggy weather is finally gone! Bad timing for tropical air to come into SoCal, I say...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Minion

How unfortunate for your friends. If anyone would get burned by an ash, or any other crazy related thing, they could end up banning them altogether. There has already been complaints from residents. (virtually all who bought their houses after Disneyland was already there). Never-the-less, They must be diligent with safety.

I have been reading these boards for a while, but this is my first post. I just wanted to say that fri, sat, and sun i was sitting right in front of the castle and one of the cast members said that they cancel the firework because the wind blows the smoke on to the freeways and so it is the city of anaheim that does not let them do the fireworks because it causes too many potential problems for people driving on the freeway.

• just the beernecessities

I have been to DLR many times and never seen the fireworks because they were cancelled, mostly in the winter. Many people in the nieghborhood near DLR would find their cars or their guests cars having hot cinders resting on their shiney paint jobs upon their return. Plus the nieghborhood dogs are not fond of the fireworks either. Living next to a theme park has its disadvantages. And I am sure the park keeps home values somewhat supressed. WDW fireworks are great because they don't have any nieghbors and the can actually build more "layers" of fire effects than at DLR. But having said that, the 50th fireworks show is pretty darn good, best I have seen at DLR. Sorry your guests missed the show.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBaloo
    I have been to DLR many times and never seen the fireworks because they were cancelled, mostly in the winter. Many people in the nieghborhood near DLR would find their cars or their guests cars having hot cinders resting on their shiney paint jobs upon their return. Plus the nieghborhood dogs are not fond of the fireworks either. Living next to a theme park has its disadvantages. And I am sure the park keeps home values somewhat supressed. WDW fireworks are great because they don't have any nieghbors and the can actually build more "layers" of fire effects than at DLR. But having said that, the 50th fireworks show is pretty darn good, best I have seen at DLR. Sorry your guests missed the show.
    Of course living near DL is not ideal, but no one forced these people to live there. They chose to, so I don't think their opinions or that of their dogs should really matter. LA is a very big area, and they could have chosen to live elsewhere.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast