Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Fancy that...

victorian pier castle??

Ok, so in this thread i'll share with you a picture that I drew. It's on lined paper and I wish I didn't draw it on lined paper but it just came out like that. It started as just a random drawing in english class but it escalated into a huge deal. It's kind of inspired by the midway Mania building in parts and so I just felt like it could be a concept for something in the parks. It's sopposed to be a victorian Pier castle (if there was such a thing) so it might fit as something in the new Paradise Pier... here it is
    so what do you think? It's just a photo of it and I don't have the proper tools to fix the quality of it but I just wanted to know what you think of it. I know it's WAY to huge to put in Paradise Pier but why not being the symbol of a third gate? and if not mabye a hotel?(a very fancy hotel) just remember that I didn't start this picture thinking i'd post on it so if you don't see it's potential(sp) of being something in the parks it's at least a nice picture

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: victorian pier castle??

It looks nice only needs color, but since when does voctorian themes involve castles

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Awesome drawing! You're a great artist!

If the Maliboomer comes down, there'll be some open space there. So, maybe a smaller design of something like that could fit there. It'd be cool to have Screamin' running in and out of the castle, too.

Not going to happen though...
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    but since when does voctorian themes involve castles
    that's the point

• Fancy that...

ok so here's my idea- It's the theme of a new water park(in WDW or DLR) and the castle is the icon and it also operates as a Hotel. so the theme is a fantisized pier(were the victorian CASTLE comes in) with detailed victorian stuff everywere.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'm not entirely sure why, but it makes me think of Charles Kane's Xanadu.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I'm not entirely sure why, but it makes me think of Charles Kane's Xanadu.
    hehe I just searched that because I didn't know what you meant- I'll take that as a compliment

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by 與W View Post
    Awesome drawing! You're a great artist!

If the Maliboomer comes down, there'll be some open space there. So, maybe a smaller design of something like that could fit there. It'd be cool to have Screamin' running in and out of the castle, too.

Not going to happen though...

Thanks! and I like you're idea, what about instead of being inside of that little space it could completely cover that space around the screamin' curves?

• Just one of those days

Great drawing! I saw a normal enough girl sitting on a bench outside of Adventureland about a week ago. She was holding a sketchpad and when I walked back I took a peek and WOW! It was a totally perfect drawing of the Adventureland entrance!

Who knows...maybe your drawing could be the sixth DL's castle design. I personally think that it looks good enough to be.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I would like to add that I am not entirely sure "Victorian" is the proper description of this style of building. "Victorian" in of itself is a very broad designation that contains many subsets. Victorian architecture tends to be very angular with varying amounts of decorative trim.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Seeing that the are putting Little mermaid in that area how about a sand castle? Heck if theme means nothing why not keep in theme with the unthemed ride.

Great drawing though PianoMan!

• Drunk On Disney!

That is very cool and original!!!
    (I wish I could draw that well..)

• Former Cast Member

Nice drawing. It is that sort of fanciful drawing that leads to things like Disneyland. Keep it up!

Are you a doodler or are you into art and drawing? You might consider Cal-Arts in Santa Clarita if you would like to move toward theme park design.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I would like to add that I am not entirely sure "Victorian" is the proper description of this style of building. "Victorian" in of itself is a very broad designation that contains many subsets. Victorian architecture tends to be very angular with varying amounts of decorative trim.
    uh huh, I just kind of drew the roofs to resemble those of the midway mania facade. Im aware of what you mean it's realy kind of just a bundle of stuff in my head. It's realy just "inspired" by victorian design.

Are you a doodler or are you into art and drawing? You might consider Cal-Arts in Santa Clarita if you would like to move toward theme park design.
    i'm a doodler with this picture but only because of the circumstance i was in(english class) and I LIVE in santa Clarita actually so...

thanks everyone for your comments

• Just one of those days

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    Ok, so in this thread i'll share with you a picture that I drew. It's on lined paper and I wish I didn't draw it on lined paper but it just came out like that.
    Trace it onto printer paper. I do that all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast