• Still lost in Neverland

Went to the Resort today

Kind of unexpected. A friend called at around 9am this morning and asked if I would like to go visit a famous Mouse. Of course I said YES! So he picked my up and hour later and we down to Garden Grove first to check out a Trade and Sale show which turned out to be much smaller than the ones in the past, and mostly pins. It took about 30 minutes to go through the whole show.

Then on to Best Buy so I could get ink carts and paper for my printer. Had lunch at Wendy's. Then on to the Park.

It was cool and crowded. We didn't get there until after 2 pm so I missed the noon meet. We went to DCA first and saw the Snow White Exhibit in the Animation building and it was really nice. Some beautiful works of art are on display and very nicely done exhibit. Then we watched the Pixar Zeotrope display and that is a lot of fun. We walked the entire Park and then crossed over to Disneyland.

I did not know the Candlelight Procession was today, but we pressed on through and just stayed away from Town Square. We walked into Frontierland and over to check out that sign with all the fun stuff from Tom Sawyer and the Pirate Island. I love it. Then we walked over to Hungry Bear for dinner. Then walked back over through and just observed people and things. No rides today at all, just too many people all thinking the same thing. I don't like standing in long lines, makes my back hurt.

We wanted to see the 5:30 Snow Show at the Castle and found a nice place right in front of the Castle to sit and watch. Only problem was, the Candlelight Procession came right by at, you guessed it, 5:30 pm, so the Castle Show was Canceled. A CM told us that both the 5:30 and the 7:30 show had been cancelled. So we walked all around Fantasyland and Tomorrowland looking in stores and just wandering. We came upon Its A Small World and it looks great with all the light on. Many more lights than I remember and all of a sudden the lights dimmed around the area and they did a whole projected light and image show on the Small World Facade to the Music from Nutcracker Suite and ended the show with the last note turning on all the Christmas Light on the facade. It was great and I am really surprised that no one has mentioned this little light show back there, or I must have missed the post in other Trip Reports. But its worth going back there and taking a look at. I have no idea what time it was when we wandered into it, and I do not know if they do it more than once, but somebody here should know.

We then walked back out through Fantasyland, and at 7pm I had to sit down, so we sat in one of the Castle Bench Seats in the wall right at the front. We saw a bunch of CMs getting ready for something, and I heard the lead tell the rest that as soon as the Castle show was over, to move everyone out of the Castle forecourt and walkway. So they did the 7:30 show after all, only at 7:10. I loved it. Everything worked and the Castle just looks wonderful. However, that being said, it is better to view this show from further back so all the lights blend together. Up close it is just too fragmented into individual lights.

We then did some walking around Main Street and killed time waiting for the Fireworks. We found a good place to sit and then another place just before showtime to stand and watch. Then the dreaded announcement was made that due to high altitude winds the fireworks show could not be done. But, it snowed and the Castle was lit for the finale. Beautiful!!!

After that we took the monorail over to the hotel, looked around at what little decorations they had, then walked back to the Parking Structure and left. I did not take the camera today, so no pictures. But there are far better photographers on this board than me, so it is better to let them show their pictures.

One strange thing I noticed. My friend told me that he saw a plush Pip from Enchanted at the Fountain Store next to the El Capitan in Hollywood. I figured I would have not problem finding one at Disneyland. Wrong! There is not one single item for Enchanted to found in either Park. Strange. They market the heck out of Pixar films, but along comes the first big success in years for Disney, and nothing! It does not make any sense. There is no mention of Enchanted in the Park at all. No window display that I could see, no dolls, no plush, nothing! Weird.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Re: Went to the Resort today

I'd agree that the Small World Light show is one of the hidden gems (however well you can hide 50,000 lights coming on at once) of the holiday season. It's a very impressive presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    One strange thing I noticed. My friend told me that he saw a plush Pip from Enchanted at the Fountain Store next to the El Capitan in Hollywood. I figured I would have not problem finding one at Disneyland. Wrong! There is not one single item for Enchanted to found in either Park. Strange. They market the heck out of Pixar films, but along comes the first big success in years for Disney, and nothing! It does not make any sense. There is no mention of Enchanted in the Park at all. No window display that I could see, no dolls, no plush, nothing! Weird.
    There's umm... a book and a soundtrack in 20th Century Music...

• Little Miss Sunshine

I just wanted to say that I love the LOL cats! I do miss going to Disneyland around Christmas, it's been about 5 years now. I do live in Orlando, so at least I see ours!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Sorry we missed you Bruce. You were coming in right as we were leaving. Not that you could see anything with the masses trying to squeeze down the little walkways past the Candlelight Procession.

• Future Imagineer!!

I cant wait to get there to see all the good stuff thats up for the hollidays....i doubt with work that i can make it anytime before the first week or so of january

*tear*

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Didn't see a book and there was one lonely copy of the soundtrack in 20th Century Music. I hear now that Pip is exclusive to the Disney Soda Fountain Shop, so I guess I will head down there tomorrow.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I am really looking forward to going this Wednesday and checking out Small World and the castle light show. Someone has a thread up with pictures of the Small World lighting, but I can't locate it right now.

• MiceAge Columnist

The reason you didn't find the plush Pip is that it is exclusive to the Disney Soda Fountain and the Enchanted Experience Boutique that is part of El Cap's Enchanted presentation. So for now, if you want Pip, you're gonna have to go to Hollywood.

On this past Saturday, I noticed that Disneyland does have some Enchanted pins and on a visit the previous week, Princess Giselle made a pre-parade appearance in a horse-drawn cart at the start of the first scheduled parade. I haven't watched the parade in a week, but maybe Giselle is still showing up to wave at all her fans.

The two parades this past Sunday at least, where both done early in the day. The second one was going back up Main Street around 2pm as we were coming it, so I did see the beginning to see if she was there.

I think the decision to sell Enchanted merchandise only at that one place is stupid. They would make a fortune with costumes and plush at Disneyland. A lot of little girls were looking all over for her dress. I will go down tomorrow to see what's available at the Fountain and maybe have lunch there. They have a great hot pastrami on rye lunch that I really enjoyed the last time I was there. Hope they still serve that!

Thank You Poisonedapples

• The Happiest Cynic

There is not one single item for Enchanted to found in either Park. Strange. They market the heck out of Pixar films, but along comes the first big success in years for Disney, and nothing!
    First big success for Disney in years? There were these three pirate movies that I hear did pretty well and a musical franchise about high school kids that I hear was also popular.

High School Movie 1 and 2 are TV Movies. Pirates are more for adults. I was thinking more along the lines of the traditional Disney Fairy Tales we used to get. And they market the heck out of both those franchises. Then this comes along and nothing. That's what I meant.

Thank You Poisonedapples

I went all the way on the bus and subway into Hollywood today to check out the Plush Pip that the Disney Soda Fountain has. Big waste of time. $21.95 for something that vaguely looks like a Chipmunk not Chip or Dale. I had lunch, and even that was a disapointment compared to last time. A complete waste of time for me. I hope when the "Enchanted" stuff comes out for sale at the Park, they have someone else make the Plush Pip.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Wow. Sorry to hear that. They made a cute rat for Ratatouille so don't understand why they can't make a cute Pip.

• Small Worlds of Walt

High School Movie 1 and 2 are TV Movies. Pirates are more for adults. I was thinking more along the lines of the traditional Disney Fairy Tales we used to get. And they market the heck out of both those franchises. Then this comes along and nothing. That's what I meant.
    I'm guessing because Disney marketing had little faith in this movie to begin with. Did anyone happen to notice how the TV ad trailers for Enchanted went from showing cheesy generic humor ("no one stabs my bus"), to ones that actually make the movie look funny ("Its eating her face!") after it had been in the theaters a week?

So therefore why waste money on movie tie-ins for something that is unproven? Wait about month or two and you'll see plush hitting DL after the orders start coming back that were placed a week ago.

I hate this way of thinking... Do they even watch these movies? But thats the way things are done these days.

*see Toy Story movie tie-in toy fiasco. (or listen to what Tour Guide Barbie says.)