Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

POTC was broken tonite...

So about 1030 PM last night we got on Pirates. Several things seemed to be broken. The pirate voices in the caves at the first caverns were not there (the ones that say, trinkets for the captains pleasure and such). Or did they just remove those voices since I was last at DL? Then, the singing dog was missing, where he is normally with the singing pirates and the donkey in the barn door. Then, all the lights were out during the last scene, where everything is burning and the guys are trying to get the key from the dog. All the soundtracks were off too, just the clicking and wheezing of the AA figures. Then when we got to the unload area, the front doors were closed. First time I ever saw it broken to that degree.

• Minion

Re: POTC was broken tonite...

gee wizz SOUNDS FUN!!!! and vary broken.
    Last edited by Sir.Mouse; 12-03-2007 at 03:29 AM.

The Pirate Voices in the caverns were never in the ride. Those are only on the CD and never played through the speakers.
    THe dog is getting some TLC.
    Sounds like smoke from Fantasmic! was disagreeing with the fire alarm.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    The Pirate Voices in the caverns were never in the ride. Those are only on the CD and never played through the speakers.
    THe dog is getting some TLC.
    Sounds like smoke from Fantasmic! was disagreeing with the fire alarm.
    Weird.. i could have sworn the voices were always in the cavern... i guess i have listened to the disneyland forever version on my ipod so many times, my memory has become clouded and unreliable..

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Weird.. i could have sworn the voices were always in the cavern... i guess i have listened to the disneyland forever version on my ipod so many times, my memory has become clouded and unreliable..

The voices are only in your head, seek help, but only after you ask for this weeks lottery numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I was going to make a comment about how maybe the dog ran off with the missing goat, but that would be totally off topic and a derailment of the thead, and has a moderator I'm suspose to set an example for the masses so rather than go down that road....

I'm sure like mrfantasmic said, they probably just took it out to do some cleaning and maintance on it. They probably take little things out like that all the time to clean and work on them on a rotating basis, in between the major rehabs and cleaning they do on occasion.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

heh .. what was it they said about APers.. we are often Disneyland's staunchest supporters, but also its most nit-pickiest critics.. guess I have finally fallen amongst the grog-soaked and unwashed AP hoardes. That being said, maybe I'll walk up the street to Disneyland right now and see what kind of trouble I can get into, or cause.

• Shubisha

As I was getting to the end of pirates last night (we were by the parrot and treasure map), they announced that pirates could not board any more passengers at this time. A CM shouted to another it was a 904, which is fire. So there may have been a reason why stuff didn't work later on in the night.

Smoke from Fantasmic, most likely.
    And no, Foc'sle. This is not an excuse to yank Fantasmic from the river.

• Still lost in Neverland

As we were walking into Tomorrowland around 6:30 there was a huge line for Buzz Lightyear and all of sudden CM's were dropping the chains and the lines just vanished. The ride was closed for quite a while. It was up later in the evening and the long line was back. No smoke in air at that time so it wasn't that.

Pirates has been breaking down a lot lately. They need to really do some major work inside. The roof leaks are probably playing havoc with all the mechanics in there.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Roof leaks are pretty much resolved, actually.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I was going to make a comment about how maybe the dog ran off with the missing goat, but that would be totally off topic and a derailment of the thead, and has a moderator I'm suspose to set an example for the masses so rather than go down that road....

I'm sure like mrfantasmic said, they probably just took it out to do some cleaning and maintance on it. They probably take little things out like that all the time to clean and work on them on a rotating basis, in between the major rehabs and cleaning they do on occasion.
    Are you saying the POTC doggie is getting fixed, then?

• Still lost in Neverland

From what I hear from several CM's I know, they are not fixed, only as usual temporarily patched. This happens every year because the management does not want to spend the money to redo the roof and clean out the drains. The drains clog with leaves and dirt, it rains, the water has nowhere to go except the roof, until it eventually seeps through and creates inside water falls. Then they send people up to unclog the drains which only lasts until the next heavy rain. They need to put those special clog-proof drains that keep the debris out of the water spouts and drains, but they won't do it. The roof hasn't been replaced or touched except for patches since the ride opened. It needs a new roof every three to five years just like a house does.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Smoke from Fantasmic, most likely.
    And no, Foc'sle. This is not an excuse to yank Fantasmic from the river.
    You sure? Rats!!

• =)

The roof hasn't been replaced or touched except for patches since the ride opened.
    Mmmm, I dunno. In this aerial photo from the 70s, the roof appears to have a much different color. It's a distinctly bluish gray now. Just nitpicking...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast