Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Attractions with Disabled/Handicapped Queues

Good Morning Mice Chat,

For the first time, I will be traveling to the resort with someone in a wheelchair. My friends brother broke his ankle and will be wheelchair bound for the entire trip.

Now, as a 'disbled n00b' can anyone tell me which attractions offer a separate queue, or wait times for handicapped/disabled guests, and which attractions utilize the original line? Also, if we have a wheelchair, do we need to also get a pass at city hall before we head to the attractions?

I'm not trying to take advantage of the system, I simply would like to be prepared for the trip since this is a new situation for all of us.

Thank you for your help!!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Attractions with Disabled/Handicapped Queues

Each attraction is different. It's best if you ask the CM at the front entrance where you go. Some will let you go through the exit, the Fast Pass line, or just in the standby queue.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DCAFTW View Post
    Good Morning Mice Chat,

For the first time, I will be traveling to the resort with someone in a wheelchair. My friends brother broke his ankle and will be wheelchair bound for the entire trip.

Now, as a 'disbled n00b' can anyone tell me which attractions offer a separate queue, or wait times for handicapped/disabled guests, and which attractions utilize the original line? Also, if we have a wheelchair, do we need to also get a pass at city hall before we head to the attractions?

I'm not trying to take advantage of the system, I simply would like to be prepared for the trip since this is a new situation for all of us.

Thank you for your help!!
    In general, all the queues in DCA are ADA compliant.

DL is much different, of course, and you'll have to check each ride.

Generally, wheelchairs and ECV's are self-identifying and don't require a pass.

• I'm not really here

Most of the time they will take you in through the exit of a ride in DL. Be sure to ask at each ride for specifics as they are all different.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Here goto Disneyland web site and it will tell you what Attraction you need through the exit or in the mainn line.

click here
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...tyGSDetailPage

the Web page on the right side have this. So you can print out the guidebook.
    Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities

Download a printable version (PDF) of the Disneyland Resort Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities.
    Last edited by akfandisney; 12-03-2007 at 03:54 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

CAFTW - You can go to City Hall and ask for a Wheel Chair guide, it will direct you where to go with a wheelchair.

• decorating

My favorite line to get in with a wheelchair rider was Haunted Mansion... We went back up the stretching room
    PS agree with the above suggestions, City Hall has info. Most are through exits, etc. They'll say you will wait just as long, but from personal experience, many lines are a little shorter with a handicapped rider (they've let us Fastpass it before)

Plus, they are good to sit on when you're tired

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    Here goto Disneyland web site and it will tell you what Attraction you need through the exit or in the mainn line.

click here
    http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...tyGSDetailPage

the Web page on the right have this. So you can print out the guidebook.
    Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities

Download a printable version (PDF) of the Disneyland Resort Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities.
    Thank you, that's exactly what I needed!!

Lightbulb Re: Attractions with Disabled/Handicapped Queues

...as others have said it's great to read that guide first and ask the CM's at each attraction.

[I'm sure you won't, but in general]- Please don't assume just because one attraction let you on a "quicker" way/through the exit or whatever, that all attractions are the same. It's also good to stop by Guest Relations at the start of your visit since they can guide and help you with the best options depending on your brother's situation. It will make your day much more fun and relaxed knowing what to expect.

Of course, have fun!
    Last edited by Wesley815; 12-03-2007 at 11:05 AM.
    -Wes

I give this advice to everyone with a smaller leg problem. Bring CRUTCHES as well as the wheelchair. There are attractions where the wheelchair line takes forever, but the queue doesn't have lots of stairs (Pirates and Mansion come to mind). It will be easier to park the chair and go it on crutches for a little bit.
    This also helps during Fantasmic! and fireworks.

If you have your own chair be sure to provide a pillow to sit on (some not used to sitting for hours can really hurt by the end of a long day) and maybe one behind the back, make it as comfy as possiable for your loved one, waite lines such as the matterhorn are the regular que.
    Last edited by Iloveverythngdisny; 12-03-2007 at 11:44 AM.

• The Duck Rules

Even if your friend is in a wheelchair get a disable pass from City Hall. Your friend will need to go with you as they will not issue it in your name only his.

Be prepare to having CM's ask you who the disabled person is even if he is any a wheelchair.
    judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

Nope, CMs are not permitted to inquire about the nature of a disability.

• Make it Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Iloveverythngdisny View Post
    If you have your own chair be sure t by providing a pillow to sit on and maybe one behind o make it as comfy as possiable for your loved one, waite lines such as the matterhorn are the regular que.
    Yeah, be careful of the extremely uneven paving, I hear it's extremely dangerous and uncomfortable in a wheelchair...

HA - Ya know I was thinking about that when I was writing this thread. I half expected to see a post from that individual chastizing me for utilizing the disabled access for such a 'minor' injury, or rather warning me of the multitude of hidden hazards scattered throughout the resort.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast