Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Who Loves Disneyland?

Re: If you could build one ride at DCA.. what would it be and why??

I would want an E ticket ride the whole family could enjoy over and over again like HM or POTC.
    I See SPOTS!!!!!!

Magic Kingdom 1992 and 2008
    Disneyland 1984, 1987, 1993 (3x's), 1998, 2005, 2007

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by 101 Dalmatians Rule
    I would want an E ticket ride the whole family could enjoy over and over again like HM or POTC.
    To repeat Morrigon............like WRE------ /

...........and not just parts of it but the whole kit and koobdle
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

i think it's interesting that i love DCA and DMGM, but it seems nobody else does

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

WRE idea sounds good...

But I think the whole darn park needs some help, in it's theme and everything else.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

WRE
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

I am really thrilled/excited by the Cars ride that has been mentioned by Al in a recent article - I think this would be a great thrill E ticket to add & at the same time not be TOO thrilling that not everyone can enjoy.

Other low popularity attractions in the park such as Golden Dreams should also be reviewed - Perhaps a version of Epcot's American Adventure could be added in there? That show is beautifully presented. I know it was just budget initally but who go's to a Theme Park to see a plain old movie?

• LoisAlene

One sentence jumped out at me in that article about WRE:
    "...there was no doubt that this would be a far more costly option than simply repeating Pirates."

That seems to be the general feeling about DCA in general - that "they" won't pony up the money. Carnival games and See-It-Made-Before-Your-Eyes fooderies are Way cheaper to make than a quality ride.

Hey, CM Matt! Open up the purse strings a bit! Build us something worth riding again and again. I think the phrase is "if you build it, they will come"...

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• SuperDork

Quote Originally Posted by millionairegirl
    A dark ride similar to POTC, but about the Gold Rush and the settling of California.
    I agree! I remember when I was a kid there was a cheesy ride on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. Sid and Marty Krofft did the ride. It was a dark ride with animatronic elements telling the "story of SF" I loved that ride. I have never forgotten it (although they took it out years ago)
    Wouldn't a longer dark ride, POTC or HM style, through either a specific era or great moments in CA history be fun??? Mammoths, smilidons, Native Americans, Pioneers, Goldminers, earthquakes, etc. I'd ride it! But, I am a history buff, so.....

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by PotCRoxMySox
    i think it's interesting that i love DCA and DMGM, but it seems nobody else does
    I love both DCA and MGM (and Epcot, AK, and both MKs)...I guess I love all the parks lol
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• The one, the only...

California has a rich and exciting history. Many aspects would make a great ride story. I think that it would raise the level of sophistication of DCA. To me DCA presents California as fake and phony. It makes California look like plastic and shallow. It looks like the state has no depth. I think California is MUCH MORE SOPHISTICATED than that! I grew up in SoCal and feel loyal to it. I keep on feeling that DCA is an EASTERNER'S view of California. No native Californian would design the park the way it is. Perhaps that is one reason why many locals don't feel at home there. It really is not "their" California.

A dark ride which presents excitement but also true history would present California in a better light.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• What have I done?

I like JSPYDER's idea of a Little Mermaid dark ride at Paradise peir, or behind it cant remember its location.

DCA is a Laguna Beach local's (i.e. Cynthia Harriss) idea of what California should be.

"This guy!"

• Wantabe DLRR Engineer

One ride wouldn't fix DCA but I've thought a out of control San Francisco cablecar motion simulator ride would be good and fit in with the California theme.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    California has a rich and exciting history. Many aspects would make a great ride story. I think that it would raise the level of sophistication of DCA. To me DCA presents California as fake and phony. It makes California look like plastic and shallow. It looks like the state has no depth. I think California is MUCH MORE SOPHISTICATED than that! I grew up in SoCal and feel loyal to it. I keep on feeling that DCA is an EASTERNER'S view of California. No native Californian would design the park the way it is. Perhaps that is one reason why many locals don't feel at home there. It really is not "their" California.

A dark ride which presents excitement but also true history would present California in a better light.
    That's true and perhaps by design. I have noticed a significantly higher proportion of tourists like DCA than locals. It makes complete sense to me, really. Disney is NOT trying to attract APs with DCA. They want to turn DL into a vacation resort, attracting people from around the world as WDW does. And most tourists I have spoken with like DCA.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Where Schemes Come True!

Updated CARS version of the Wacky Soap Box Races?
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• Senior Minion

First of all, they ought to think about running some sort of cable car clone or other transportation deal from the Plaza down to the Paradise area. One thing DL has that DCA does not is any sort of a railroad/transportation attraction to it.

Another difference between the two parks (besides landscaping, and don't get me started on that) is water. At DCA, you have the waterfall or whatever you want to call it at the Plaza, GRR, and that worthless, lifeless lake with nothing that really associates with it or in it. At DL, water is everywhere, and is a big part of a number of attractions.

Whatever attractions they put into DCA (and I think they're about three new attractions short of a great park), at least one ought to be some sort of ride that involves and centers around water in one form or another (a California Gold Mine take off of POTC?).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast