Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Re: If you could build one ride at DCA.. what would it be and why??

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    I think that's what they were betting on when they put TOT in, and we all saw how that didn't work. So it comes down to a question of putting all their eggs in one basket, or trying to hedge their bets. If they throw $100m into one ride, and it doesn't turn the tide, and it's a ride they can't clone at other parks, they're really stuck, aren't they?

Not to mention the fact that a new, E-ticket ride done from scratch (like the ones we're talking about) probably would have a 5 year development and deployment cycle.

Whatever they do, I hope they start soon!
    A $100m blockbuster could turn the tide. A vastly cheapened clone cannot, especially 10 years after the superior original opened, enough time for most Californians to have taken a trip to WDW and realize they are getting jipped at DCA. ToT is fundamentally flawed, and that is why it didn't do much for DCA. It is a lot like Winnie the Pooh...if it had been a great Fantasyland dark ride, like the timeless Peter Pan's Flight, it would have breathed new life into Critter Country. But, they produced half an attraction (and twice a giftshop), and it consistently produces queue lengths between walk on and 10 minutes in length. Compare this to a very popular, superior Pooh ride at WDW, which consistently has waits b/t 40 minutes and an hour. A more apropos test of the addition of a single attraction in the current day market will come next year, as Expedition: EVEREST opens. If that causes people to finally accept Animal Kingdom, then we will now that now, as in 1994, one attraction can still turn the tide, provided Imagineers are basically given free reigns.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

The Streets of San Francisco Cable Car ride.

And they should do this because I simply CANNOT BELIEVE they didn't have this somewhere in the park in the FIRST place. Unfathomable, I just don't understand, why didn't they do this it's so completely obvious.

And it wouldn't be just same LAME wild mouse / traditional rollercoaster with theming (ho-hum).

It would be something like you've never ever seen before. (except, well, a big reminder of San Francisco cable car rides!).

(As noted elsewhere: its also unfathomable that there is NO boat ride, yet a big lake, and no transport ride).

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around
    The Streets of San Francisco Cable Car ride.

And they should do this because I simply CANNOT BELIEVE they didn't have this somewhere in the park in the FIRST place. Unfathomable, I just don't understand, why didn't they do this it's so completely obvious.
    Cable car ride would be COOL! But there are many REAL California tourist attractions that would fit perfectly:

1) Yosemite area with Waterfalls for dining.
    2) Surfing (That ride mentioned above is a great idea!)
    3) Disney Studios/Animation -- Remember Disney itself is an attraction in California!
    4) Winchester Mystery House -- How about a California styled Haunted Mansion?

If you turn the theme to include the history of California, then more are available
    5) Gold Rush (WRE theme?) -- Mentioned above elsewhere.
    6) San Francsico at the turn of the century
    7) California missions (Maybe a style of a retaurant or hotel?)

I am sure there are many more.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

A SKYWAY! That would really be neat. You can pick it up in Condor Flats and take it across the lake to Sunshine Pier or maybe it can go from Hollywood Backlot to Condor Flats. Just somewhere, because an enclosed car skyway like on the old piers and boardwalks of Southern California would be neat.

Hydrofoil Boats across the lake?

• SuperDork

I love the idea of a CA style haunted house...like Winchester Mystery House. I love the real Winchester Mystery House..there is soo much you could do with that theme. From the psychic telling you the spirits of all those who died from your firearms are after you and the only way to avoid their wrath is to keep building. Maybe instead of walking through the beginning of the ride, like HM, you could go through a maze at the end... to get out. Fun, Fun, Fun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234