Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Question If you could build one ride at DCA.. what would it be and why??

I was wondering this just a moment ago... discussion on RNRC and how it should be a DCA.. when i remembered what i thought at the park on 7/18.. It is missing something...

What would you build at DCA to fill the void....

Re: If you could build one ride at DCA.. what would it be and why??

an e ticket! Maybe something that has to do with Earthquakes or Geology, since California is famous for them... (I know universal has that earthquake tram attraction, but this could be better!!)

I hate to think in terms of ride-through Attractions exclusively, but there are virtually no true ride-through shows at D.C.A. And, not a single ride-through experience there uses Audio-Animatronics.

Compare that fact with the situation in Disneyland where almost every ride-through Attraction uses Audio-Animatronics.

When is Disney going to realize that electronically-controlled, mechanically-animated puppets are one of The Company's greatest competitive advantages since these puppets physically realize proprietary characters and since the convincing telling of Disney stories in walk-through and ride-through theatre requires the puppets?

D.C.A. needs at least one signature walk-through/ride-through experience that uses extensive Audio-Animatronics and that also supports the concept for the park.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 07-25-2005 at 02:11 AM.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    I hate to think in terms of ride-through Attractions exclusively, but there are virtually no true ride-through shows at D.C.A. And, not a single ride-through experience there uses Audio-Animatronics.

Compare that fact with the situation in Disneyland where almost every ride-through Attraction uses Audio-Animatronics.

When is Disney going to realize that electronically-controlled, mechanically-animated puppets are one of The Company's greatest competitive advantages since these puppets physically realize proprietary characters and since the convincing telling of Disney stories in walk-through and ride-through theatre requires the puppets?

D.C.A. needs at least one signature walk-through/ride-through experience that uses extensive Audio-Animatronics and that also supports the concept for the park.
    I believe the new Monsters, Inc. ride has animatronics, not just the usual dark ride "statues" that merely twitch.

I want to see a blockbuster E-Ticket come to DCA (which is reportedly in the works...). It would be the the ToT should have been and would have been if it had been properly funded. You can't save a less than successful park with a cheapened clone and a lie that it had to be shortened due to lack of space when I have two eyes that can view a satellite photo showing more than enough room for a 5th dimensional room...and another lie that it was removed to prevent downtime and yet the elevators at DCA also have horizontal motion which should cause as many breakdowns as the 5th dimensional room...end rant. Cough up $100m for the next ride, Disney!
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• The one, the only...

I JUST DON'T BLIEVE IT CAN BE FIXED WITH ONE GOOD RIDE. What is missing for me is the feeling that Disneyland has. It is the feeling of magic, something special and wonderment.

I don't believe that feeling comes from the age of the park alone. It has that feeling because of the care the designers made with the park layout and design. That CARE was abscent from DCA.

It can be fixed but not through adding one ride. It has to do with the visual quality of the park and the details of the areas and attractions that make all the difference.

Because DCA does not take you to another world, but to a cardboard village painted to represent a victional California that does not exist and never did.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• insufferable know-it-all

Wre

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I JUST DON'T BLIEVE IT CAN BE FIXED WITH ONE GOOD RIDE. What is missing for me is the feeling that Disneyland has. It is the feeling of magic, something special and wonderment.

I don't believe that feeling comes from the age of the park alone. It has that feeling because of the care the designers made with the park layout and design. That CARE was abscent from DCA.

It can be fixed but not through adding one ride. It has to do with the visual quality of the park and the details of the areas and attractions that make all the difference.

Because DCA does not take you to another world, but to a cardboard village painted to represent a victional California that does not exist and never did.
    ~shrugs~ MGM was fixed with the Tower of Terror. It had nothing before ToT opened, and then they opened it, it was amazing, and people finally accepted MGM as a good park. One attraction can do a lot if it's done right.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    ~shrugs~ MGM was fixed with the Tower of Terror. It had nothing before ToT opened, and then they opened it, it was amazing, and people finally accepted MGM as a good park. One attraction can do a lot if it's done right.
    You're right! All they have to do is add the Tower of Terror and that will fix DCA! Oh, they tried that... Hmm... Well, they could add one great ride again and see if that works. Then try adding one great ride again, then again. Then again. I think it STILL will not fix the park.

If there was one great ride to add to DCA, then go for the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster from DMGM. Yes, it is at DMGM. Appearently DMGM did not get "fixed" with that one great ride of ToT. They had to continue adding. Plus today, DMGM is still laging in attendance to Epcot and MK. DMGM needs some help too, but that is another thread.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Someone many months ago posted a story about a Zorro attraction that showed old California in her glory (sorry, new to MiceChat and the search feature; couldn't find the poster name). Anyway, as you can tell by the Avatar, that would be fantastic for my wife and I! And it actually fits the theme!

That being said, it is probably time to ditch the theme and morph the park into a studio park (also already been said)....
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    You're right! All they have to do is add the Tower of Terror and that will fix DCA! Oh, they tried that... Hmm... Well, they could add one great ride again and see if that works. Then try adding one great ride again, then again. Then again. I think it STILL will not fix the park.

If there was one great ride to add to DCA, then go for the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster from DMGM. Yes, it is at DMGM. Appearently DMGM did not get "fixed" with that one great ride of ToT. They had to continue adding. Plus today, DMGM is still laging in attendance to Epcot and MK. DMGM needs some help too, but that is another thread.
    Don't be ridiculous...fixed does not mean perfect. I don't think Disneyland really needs to be "fixed". It is very popular as is and they add attractions still. Just because a park is acceptable doesn't mean they can stop making additions. MGM was not widely accepted before the ToT opened because there was nothing there. After it opened, people fell in love w/ MGM and it has been busy ever since. That is why the ToT fixed MGM--the park became popular after that addition. As I have said in another thread, ToT would have fixed DCA if it had been what it should have been--i.e. if they had spent about $30m more on it and made a ride more than 2 minutes long. A single good attraction can save a park, and this is something the Disney Co. believes strongly. It is the idea behind adding Everest to Animal Kingdom. The general public cares little about whether or not the time period in HPB is completely clear like we do. They care about blockbuster attractions. The ToT was not one of these for DCA as it is a shadow of its older sibling in FL.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Ooh boy!

An attraction using Test Track technology that trumps both Test Track and Journey to the Center of the Earth, themed to like an alternate California.

• Minion

Not RNRC... got to try it last may. It was like a boring coaster with 2d signs and stuff all over. RNRC could be a lot better by having it fly through believable streets, but that's not going to happen.

I think it would be better to put a couple new attractions "IN" a berm built around the entire park... And drop Maliboomer.

A dark ride similar to POTC, but about the Gold Rush and the settling of California.

• insufferable know-it-all

millionairegirl: yeah, like Western River Expedition (WRE)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by millionairegirl
    A dark ride similar to POTC, but about the Gold Rush and the settling of California.
    I think that would be a GREAT idea. First, there would be more AA's at DCA (which seem few and far between there.). Second, I love history and finally there would be some real history of California at the park. (I know that there is that snoozer of a film called Golden Dreams, but that was a cheap attempt at some kind of history. When you do history, it HAS to be exciting and innovative. That was what PoC was when it first came out. Then nothing was like it anywhere in the world. Perhaps there STILL is nothing.)
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast