Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: Objections to Enhanced FastPass, and Resultant Boycott of A.A.A.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    I'd like to see a couple of days of experiments without FastPass.
    I like your idea.
    OR... only have one or 2 attractions on fastpass, and alternate which attractions get FP from day to day.
    I agree about the queue's. Disney should start using them again instead of turning them into something you run thru on the way to using your FP.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Minion

Well, disrespect happens, like now.
    Please try not to lump everyone together for simplicity's sake. Who's discussing is not as important as the topic of discussion.
    I mean, how would you feel if I told you that, because you're a "tourist," you have no idea what you're talking about?
    I'm not really sure what your getting at, but I wasn't lumping everyone together for simplicity's sake. I sell travel for a living, the last thing I would do is have that point of view. I have regard and respect for everyone I converse with period. I was simply making an observation as a tourist.
    Can I not feel free to have a discussion without being brow beaten for a choice of words that somehow gave you that impression?
    Sorry. but I still don't get what I did to offend anyone.
    but thanks for the advice on how to stay on topic.

• My Children's Father

I'd like to see a couple of days of experiments without FastPass.
    I think it would take more than a couple of days to find out anything meaningful. I'm pretty sure the occaisional breakdowns to the FP system (and resulting shorter lines) had some very temporary effects from APers simply choosing to not ride any ride that had an excessively (excessive here defined as what would be longer than your expected FP wait) long wait time, even if a 45-minute standby was relatively short compared to the normal (and admittedly FP-influenced) 90 minute wait. The APer (and even the multi day park hopperer with additional days left) could afford to return another day, once FP had returned, thus avoiding the dreaded long line. At least that would be my reaction ..... I would equate having to stand in a 45-minute line for Space as a down-for-the-day Space ..... I would wait until my next visit to ride it .....

If Disney really wanted to measure the effect of not having FP, they would need to do it for a long enough period of time that the die-hard APers would not be avoiding the park for that entire time. They should also advertise (especially to the APers) in advance the fact that FP would not be available at that time .....

Then they would have to account for what I think might result, which would be a drop in total park attendance, which would of course make things go more smoothly ....... shorter lines, less crowded walkways, etc.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Animatronic

Fastpass theoretically serves a purpose by moving early guests that might have waited in a long line to later in the day while letting them go on rides with shorter lines in the meantime.

The cost of fastpass is a break in show. The fastpass machines are ugly and take up valuable space. The fastpass line passes good story elements completely or too quickly, and the standby line becomes too slow and again ruins once interesting story and theme elements.

I wonder if the same positive results of fastpass could be acheived simply by having the wait times for the rides displayed around the park. Picture a park map or a ride list themed to the land with wait times and how that might make you adjust where you went for a good overall experience. Such displays would be perfect at the train stations, where guests often decide which land to exit at.

Pooh - 0 mins "Free Pooh pin for riders, please come!"
    Pirates - 10 mins
    Haunted Mansion - 10 mins
    Thunder Mountain - 10 mins
    Space Mountain - 30 mins
    Indiana Jones - 30 mins
    Splash Mountain - 40 mins

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    I'm not really sure what your getting at, but I wasn't lumping everyone together for simplicity's sake. I sell travel for a living, the last thing I would do is have that point of view. I have regard and respect for everyone I converse with period. I was simply making an observation as a tourist.
    Can I not feel free to have a discussion without being brow beaten for a choice of words that somehow gave you that impression?
    Sorry. but I still don't get what I did to offend anyone.
    but thanks for the advice on how to stay on topic.
    Freedom? Gettattatown!
    Your freedom, unfortunately, is the same freedom as mine.

Basically, please don't lump me in as one of those guests whose opinions you are dismissing because they go so often.

Two days a year is plenty for me.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    I think it would take more than a couple of days to find out anything meaningful.
    Take as many days as necessary. "Forever" is my choice.
    Heck, TDA could turn off FP on Tuesdays during the summer. It would make scheduling of CMs a little easier.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    Fastpass theoretically serves a purpose by moving early guests that might have waited in a long line to later in the day while letting them go on rides with shorter lines in the meantime.

The cost of fastpass is a break in show.
    No, the cost of Fastpass is that lines go up around the park as those guests who used to be waiting in a long line are off riding other rides.

Now my favorite dark ride takes forever to get onto because it's loaded up with people who are killing time waiting for their ride Space Mountain.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213