Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Nouveau Membre

Tarzan to replace Aladdin, New parade for 55th Anniversary & WDW's parade to DCA

Screamscape.com has posted some interesting stuff about Tarzan broadway show for 2008 and two new parades for 2010.

2008 - Tarzan - Rumor - (12/5/07) The musical Aladdin show at California Adventure may end itís run sometime in mid 2008 and will likely be replaced by a new Broadway version of Tarzan instead before the end of the same year.

2010 - 55th Anniversary Parade - Rumor - (12/5/07) Walt Disneyís Parade of Dreams is said to be locked in until 2010 when something new will replace it for the parkís 55th Anniversary celebration. At this point in time, Iíve been told that the parade will be retired and not sent off to another park.

2010 - Spectromagic Parade - Rumor - (12/5/07) Screamscape has heard that the Spectromagic parade from Walt Disney World may move into California Adventure for 2010 as part of the resortís 55th Anniversary celebration.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Tarzan to replace Aladdin, New parade for 55th Anniversary & WDW's parade to DCA

Spectromagic? Gah, I hope not. It was an ok parade but not that good or entertaining.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Re: Tarzan to replace Aladdin, New parade for 55th Anniversary & WDW's parade to DCA

Great. If Tarzan goes to DCA, then the Swiss Family Robinson can return home to Disneyland.

• Banned User

Those plans sound good to me. The Parade of Dreams will need to be badly retired by 2010. Aladdin is already overdue and so is the Electrical Parade.

• For You!

The electrical parade will never be outdated. It's a classic and I love it.

But, I would love to see Tarzan come in to DCA - sounds like it would be fun.

As for Spectromagic, I just hope the creepy looking clown/mime things aren't coming with it. I admit, the new faces are better than the light up ones, but they're still creepy.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Wasn't the Hyperion version of Aladdin supposed to be like a springboard to a Broadway version? And now we're supposedly getting the already Broadway failed Tarzan? Oh, I'm so excited

• "I Break Things"

so close... had hoped you were talking about the Aladdin Storybook Adventure and I was so thrilled if it was leaving the Oasis by Jungle!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Great. If Tarzan goes to DCA, then the Swiss Family Robinson can return home to Disneyland.
    We can only hope MJ.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

I never understood how other parades become so outdated and stale while the Electrical Parade has reigned as a classic for YEARS.

• Banned User

More inaccurate non-sense that Lance's so called "sources" are making up. But it will be nice to see Tarzan in two parks at the same resort. and yes, I am being serious.

then inter-site praising should not be allowed either.
    Last edited by TheManator; 12-06-2007 at 11:14 AM.

That aladdin show is breaking down all the time from what i hear, that damn carpet is a nightmare.

• Living the Dream.

Would Aladdin go to WDW then..?

Ev

Celebrate Churros
    Only at Disney Parks..

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Not sure i like the idea of Tarzan replacing Aladdin... I was kind of hoping for something even newer, an adaptation of another movie perhaps (not sure which)
    I also thought this was going to pretain to Aladdin's Oasis :P

Spectro's okkay, but why do we want a parade that old for the next anniversary. Why not update the ELP? (*is tackled by ELP lovers who won't let that thing die or be altered*)

As for POD, I love that parade more than I should, but waiting that long will make it necessary to retire it (what was that one before it... that was there forever and I tried to block from my memory).
    Is the new trend going to be a new parade every 5 years? I am happy they won't be sending it anywhere... I like the idea of that being a Disneyland parade only!

• Fairies and Mermaids!

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Wasn't the Hyperion version of Aladdin supposed to be like a springboard to a Broadway version? And now we're supposedly getting the already Broadway failed Tarzan? Oh, I'm so excited
    I would LOVE to see Aladdin on B'Way. I personally would rather see that than Little Mermaid any day, although Ariel is my favorite Princess. I think I addressed this in a previous thread...

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...dca-81550.html

Yup, there it is!

Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

MOD NOTE: Please remember it is against MiceChat rules to bash or talk negatively about other Disney sites.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast