Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    165

    When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Hi I'm new here and I have a quick question. I was just wondering when Disneyland was taking down Christmas and HMH holiday this year. I know it usually last about a week after New Years, but this year the holiday falls on a Tuesday. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2

    • Still lost in Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Posts
    4,053

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Usually around January 6th. Depends on the day of the week, but they will usually run until the Friday after New Year's then it's taken down.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

    Thank You Poisonedapples

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    165

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Does anybody know a for sure date that Disney will take down Christmas?

  4. #4

    • Squaw NO gettum firewood!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,069

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    The 6th is the last day of the decorations. (the 6th also being Epiphany) They begin to remove everything after park closing on the 6th, and most is done overnight, save HMH & IASWH, which take a month or two.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney


  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    85

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandLover View Post
    Hi I'm new here and I have a quick question. I was just wondering when Disneyland was taking down Christmas and HMH holiday this year. I know it usually last about a week after New Years, but this year the holiday falls on a Tuesday. Thanks in advance.
    Usually the same for both Disneyland and WDW, around the 6th of January...

  6. #6

    • Still lost in Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Posts
    4,053

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Didn't I just say that? What, you didn't think I knew. I have been going to the Park for 50 years. I know when things happen. Geez.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

    Thank You Poisonedapples

  7. #7

    • Mischievous Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    1178 Miles North of Disneyland
    Posts
    2,365

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Didn't I just say that? What, you didn't think I knew. I have been going to the Park for 50 years. I know when things happen. Geez.


    I knew that you knew, it's nothing new, that you knew.

    Some don't know that you know, oh no, but most of know -


    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

    -Walt Disney

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    165

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Heh heh, sorry Lost Boy. Like I said, I'm new. Well thanks I guess are trip is going to be a week earlier than planned.

  9. #9

    • Mickey is not my Brother
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Welcome to Mice Chat DisneylandLover

  10. #10

    • Hug a Billy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree
    Posts
    2,535

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Lost Boy here at my sisters house and I forgot to log in as me.

    Yea, I was just having some fun with the Newbie. I did put the winking smiley there was it was just in fun. And indeed welcome to Mice Chat. I was hoping you were trying to find out the dates so you would be sure to come down and see the Park at Christmas and not trying to avoid seeing it. I love Disneyland at Christmas and the whole Park just looks so magical this year, and the Castle has to be seen at night, in person, as it's just spectacular. Hope when you do come down, you can come over a weekend and come to the Sunday Meet at the Hub at noon.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    The 6th is the last day of the decorations. (the 6th also being Epiphany) They begin to remove everything after park closing on the 6th, and most is done overnight, save HMH & IASWH, which take a month or two.
    Jan 7th is the day some Orthodox churches celebrate Christmas.

  12. #12

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandLover View Post
    Hi I'm new here and I have a quick question. I was just wondering when Disneyland was taking down Christmas and HMH holiday this year. I know it usually last about a week after New Years, but this year the holiday falls on a Tuesday. Thanks in advance.

    Welcome to MiceChat!

    ANAHEIM, Calif. (October 15, 2007) - In traditional holiday spirit, Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure parks will become dazzling winter wonderlands featuring spectacular entertainment, amazing decorations, festive foods and favorite adventures and attractions during the season that runs Nov. 16 through Jan. 6.
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...mas-80742.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    165

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    Lost Boy here at my sisters house and I forgot to log in as me.

    Yea, I was just having some fun with the Newbie. I did put the winking smiley there was it was just in fun. And indeed welcome to Mice Chat. I was hoping you were trying to find out the dates so you would be sure to come down and see the Park at Christmas and not trying to avoid seeing it. I love Disneyland at Christmas and the whole Park just looks so magical this year, and the Castle has to be seen at night, in person, as it's just spectacular. Hope when you do come down, you can come over a weekend and come to the Sunday Meet at the Hub at noon.
    Haha I am not trying to avoid it. Actually, my whole reason was to plan my vacation to make sure my family wouldn't miss the awesomness that is Disneyland at Christmastime.

  14. #14

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When does Disneyland take down Christmas and HMH?

    The plan is to start taking things down after closing on Janaury 6th (some things, like Santa end earlier) and HMH is scheduled to close on January 7th for the removal of the holiday overlay.

    Then on Tuesday, January 22nd, "it's a small world" closes for almost a year for its major refurb (Monday is a holiday - MLK, Jr. Day). So the Small World area will remained decorated thru the 21st.

    Friday, January 25th, Haunted Mansion is scheduled to reopen in its traditional version.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Christmas day in Disneyland(:
    By Duhvonaah in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 03:57 PM
  2. [Question] Disneyland Christmas day
    By Viking16 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 08:06 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 09:38 AM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 02:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •