Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    Really!? Where?!
    Quiet you guys.. be nice!

• FastPass n00b

Re: BigPigletFan's Photo Trip Report! - PHOTO warning!!

I like seeing pictures of Al because he's like an underground pseudo-celebrity and yet not many people know what he looks like. Al has quite a large entry in Wikipedia and has been quoted in newspapers, not to mention he's definitely caught the ear of Disney on more than one occasion. Besides being a very entertaining and informative editor, he's created a presence in the online community...and there's barely any pictures of him.

• Senior Minion

We should all remember that this all started with Al!

My apologies to Walt for stealing his line.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    Besides being a very entertaining and informative editor, he's created a presence in the online community...and there's barely any pictures of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    We should all remember that this all started with Al!
    WHICH is why I wanted to meet him.. and was upset that I didn't. Hopefully I will get the chance next time.

• Know More Than You Should

Post Re: BigPigletFan's Photo Trip Report! - PHOTO warning!!

I like seeing pictures of Al because he's like an underground pseudo-celebrity and yet not many people know what he looks like. Al has quite a large entry in Wikipedia and has been quoted in newspapers, not to mention he's definitely caught the ear of Disney on more than one occasion. Besides being a very entertaining and informative editor, he's created a presence in the online community...and there's barely any pictures of him.
    Indeed. Now that brings back old memories of a thread dedicated entirely to finding a picture of Al...

Which promtly recived this response from Dustysage...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage

Disneyscott,

Few have ever seen the great and powerful Al. Some say that he is not a man at all, but rather an escaped Disney animatronic who seeks one day to free all of his kind. Others think that he is a super-intelligent mouse who lives on churros in the Disney sewers and who gets all of his information by scurrying around in the air ducts of the park. Still others believe that he is a character of fiction and that Disney Imagineers actually write this stuff in his name as a way of getting back at the powers who keep the parks from their full potential. But in my heart of hearts, I believe in Al . . . I believe in Al . . . I believe . . . in . . . .
    Which promted a coded clue from Monorail Man...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/archive/up120500a.jpg

Its Als AP, with the face blurred out of course...

However the mystery was finally solved with a MouseAdventure Team Photo...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/archive/ma042901team.jpg

(Al's the one on the left)

Al finnally did post a picture of himself in a review of the then brand new Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters in his article "Wake Up Jose!"...

So there you have it. And I'm sure somewhere, somehow, Al is reading this and thinking we're crazy...

...and he may be right...

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    So there you have it. And I'm sure somewhere, somehow, Al is reading this and thinking we're crazy...

...and he may be right...
    Oh I remember that thread Club. But I still couldn't remember. I'm terrible like that. And yes, Al probably does think I am crazy. But it's okay. You met me, you know I really am.

• FastPass n00b

With the things Al has (correctly) stated in the past about Disneyland, it's probably wise that he keeps a low profile. Disney has definitely paid attention to his words and there are probably some CMs that wouldn't react very nicely to Al's comments about them years ago when it was really bad.

I'm not saying that Al would be treated any differently in the park if everyone knew who he was, but it's probably a good idea for editorial publishers to keep a low profile because there are some people that take some things way out of context. Having said that, Al's admittedly harsh words against Disneyland several years ago is probably the only thing that kept Disneyland's management semi-honest. Things got fixed peculiarly quickly after they ended up in his "Disneyland Blues" section and several attractions like the Tiki Room were spared the ax because of sites like MousePlanet and Al's DIG which centralized and united Disneyland's hardcore fans.

In any case, I've always wondered the real reason why Al doesn't maintain a higher profile. I think everyone would agree that he deserves one. Then again, maybe Al is following in the noble tradition of Matt Ouimet by letting his work speak for itself without taking all the credit for it. After all, I think Al does what he does more for what Disneyland stands for and Walt Disney more than for himself.

• For old time sake

Al shhared his Crispito's from Ranchero with me once. It was my first Mice Chat meet and I was honored. I called my brother in law to tell him who I had lunch with and he said "NO WAY"!!!!

But really, Al is just a normal guy. Very nice guy!!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    Al shhared his Crispito's from Ranchero with me once. It was my first Mice Chat meet and I was honored. I called my brother in law to tell him who I had lunch with and he said "NO WAY"!!!!

But really, Al is just a normal guy. Very nice guy!!!!!
    That's really funny that your brother in law reacted like that. When I first saw Al in a picture I was really surprised because he really is like a celebrity to MiceAge readers. Al seems to be one of those rare people that is so nice that if he ever said a bad word or something, you know that he REALLY meant it.

I would really love to attend a MiceChat meeting and meet Al...not to mention everyone else. Hopefully he'd let me buy him lunch or something, it's the least I could do for such a great person. I doubt very strongly that he'd let me buy him anything off an ODV though, lol.

• I was deleted.

Al shhared his Crispito's from Ranchero with me once.
    Somehow that doesn't suprise me..
    Hopefully he'd let me buy him lunch or something, it's the least I could do for such a great person. I doubt very strongly that he'd let me buy him anything off an ODV though, lol.
    and why wouldn't he considering he starts all of his columns off with food references. It always makes me hungry! Or at least did when I'd read them in my dorm. Half way through I'd be munching on something...

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Somehow that doesn't suprise me..
    and why wouldn't he considering he starts all of his columns off with food references. It always makes me hungry! Or at least did when I'd read them in my dorm. Half way through I'd be munching on something...
    He has been very outspoken about the ODV because it takes away business from the restaurants and puts people in the walkways. He has especially been critical of the semi-permanent ODV stands that are kind of themed but are really big and ugly.

• I was deleted.

He has been very outspoken about the ODV because it takes away business from the restaurants and puts people in the walkways. He has especially been critical of the semi-permanent ODV stands that are kind of themed but are really big and ugly.
    Ah.. yes. How could I forget? I just meant the food thing. Maybe a Dole Whip then since the stand is open a lot longer since he originally mentioned it?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

Tink, can you see the resemblance?

As for "huggy" people. I was raised in a huggy family!!! So hea, HUGS RULE
    How about planning a "Huggies" meet?

No, that sounds like we would all be wearing diapers.

nevermind

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

BPF, It was really nice meeting you and your mom!

And your pics turned out terrific!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    BPF, It was really nice meeting you and your mom!

And your pics turned out terrific!
    It was nice meeting you too. And thanks again for the *wonderful* fireworks spot. I honestly mean it. It was my first time actually viewing them and it was great! I'm glad you got to share in one of my magical, crazy Disney moments.

I would also like to thank each and everyone of you that I met again for such a wonderful visit. Disneyland is a magical place that we all share a love for and it creates our bond. I have conversed, debated, and chatted with so many of you on different levels since MiceChat's start and it was so great to finally meet so many members of this community that I have the please to call home. So thank you again and I look forward to many future meets. Until, I will be there in spirit with you all because I am secretly one of the kids who got left behind on the Jungle Cruise and then sent over to "it's a small world". I am stuck singing that song over and over again and that is why I love the attraction. Or.. not.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast