Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Oh I LOVE the Disneyland sign!!

Thanks for the picture Dusty!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Ok, went today - missed the first one so did not get a chance to check it out to see where the best place was to sit. And NO MC that I asked about it had any idea - so I sat by Coke Corner as was pointed out was a good place.. well, it passed us up and stopped a bit further up. So the video we got was not the best with the moving around we had to do, plus I forgot my monopod (ARG!), plus the pics are not the best.

I will pass on what I learned for future use - so you can see it from the best place - you can be just in front of where it stops:

Either that or directly across from it - does not matter.

And do not forget - when they start moving again it is not over! They go around the hub and come back down, so it is a chance to snap a few more pics. And, if you are on the side in the pic above - you can get some good pics with the Matterhorn in the background.

I got a few pics from it, working on them now. I will post a note when they are up.

[QUOTE=GeneralShang]But yeah - I'm glad it's a parade/show - just like Parade of Dreams will be, right? QUOTE]

no. parade of dreams will not have a show stop. block party will have three.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    I loved this show. We only caught it going back down Main St. after the first show and thought it was a bit lame. Thankfully my friend wanted to catch the show stop.........I was floored. It is a great show that is very old school disney. They represent each land (5) in song and dance and it is up beat and very entertaining. We both are huge Disney fans and said this is one of the best parades in many years. I would be very happy if they kept this around during the 50th some how.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Defeats the Huns

[QUOTE=dancinmanCA]
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    But yeah - I'm glad it's a parade/show - just like Parade of Dreams will be, right? QUOTE]

no. parade of dreams will not have a show stop. block party will have three.
    Actually... POD DOES have show stops - as does Block Party. I have friends that are going to be in POD that confirmed it for me.

[QUOTE=GeneralShang]
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinmanCA

Actually... POD DOES have show stops - as does Block Party. I have friends that are going to be in POD that confirmed it for me.

great. i'm in POD, and i've been told that we're not. oh, i love synergy!

• Defeats the Huns

If you're in POD then you should know that there are show stops in it... maybe you should look at what you're rehearsing the 1st two weeks of April...

• I Hug My Tapirs

I've heard throughout the past that PoD would have show stops. I sure hope so - that was my favorite element in Share a Dream Come True over at WDW.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Quote Originally Posted by dancinmanCA
    parade of dreams will not have a show stop. block party will have three.
    Yes it will. Parade of Dreams will have three show stops, which will probably be a few minutes long.

The difference between that and Block Party is that BPB is a 10-minute street show which happens to move between its three performance locations.
    Last edited by TweedlDum9; 02-17-2005 at 01:07 AM.

hey TD9, did i miss a thread or post about Mary Poppins celebration... i have seen posts that say it is cancelled. is this true? if so, why? i sure looked forward to it.

ML

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Quote Originally Posted by MinionLumbo
    hey TD9, did i miss a thread or post about Mary Poppins celebration... i have seen posts that say it is cancelled. is this true? if so, why? i sure looked forward to it.
    We were all looking forward to it. There are a few reasons why it wasn't being mounted right now with the others, but I don't know specifics, so I don't want to say anything wrong or anything I shouldn't say, you know?

But keep your fingers crossed for the future... If the feedback for both Celebrations is really good, I'll bet it'll see the light of day.

• Defeats the Huns

That's really too bad! I wanted to see the Chimney Sweeps!!
    So TweedlDum9, How have the Celebrations been? Good crowd reactions? Are they participating like they're supposed to?

Im wondering why BPB <Block Party Bash> will be showing at 5:15 pm and not in the dark with the lights on? Im going the 5th to see the PoD, BPB and Remember. I was talking to the mom of Snow White in the musical .. the 6:15 and 3:10 show. Devon aka Snow will be in PoD and she was talking about show stops. Just my two cents ..
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Defeats the Huns

BPB isn't a LIGHT show... it's a PARTY! One during the day! And the night-time is reserved for Disney's Electric Parade.

you mean Devon is a "GOOD FRIEND" of Snow White's? hehehehe.

Yes GOOD FRIEND ;o] almost like twins lol
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast