• out & about

Lightbulb *WARNING* Whats the "SPICE" in your DLR trip "ENCHILADA"? *IS A HOT THREAD*

HOW DO YOU SPICE IT UP?

We all do it! Its the little things we do for fun to make our trip that much more memorable.

I know theres much to see and do while in the Magic Kingdom but lets face it as good as the depth of illusion is there are still those times when... well theres nothing to do. Perhaps this happens while your waiting in line or camping out (overnight at DCA!!! ah the good ol' days. GO YELLOW!) to get that perfect spot for Fantasmic or the Fireworks or while you just sitting around taking a break or waiting for someone.

As fun as Disneyland is there is a lot of down time. What do you do to spice it up a little bit?

These are the personal "habits", "traditions", "experiences", "annoyances", whether they are "fun", "funny", "crazy" or "stupid", that make a trip to the Happiest Place On Earth unique and special to each of us and puts the icing on the already delicious cake!
    Last edited by WRDup; 07-25-2005 at 11:36 PM.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• out & about

Re: Whats the "SPICE" in your DLR trip "ENCHILADA"

FOR EXAMPLE...
    We look for unsuspecting guests (the ones who look like they dont come very often) who are wearing those beautiful personalized embroidered character hats. We find their name on the hat and shout it out. "Hey, Josh"!!! The hysterics are endless watching them look around aimlessly trying to figure out who is calling their name! Its especially effective to follow them for a while repeating their name (you have to stay out of sight). The confusion is golden!
    This works especially well on parents who look like they are having a hard time with their kids (the kids love it).

WplusK.com

• out & about

Sometimes while riding POTC my friends and I will scope out couples who are enjoying a meal alone on the water front of the Blue Bayou. If we feel the timing is right we'll loudly suggest the guy "Kiss her"!!! The various reactions are priceless...
    Sometimes the girl is reluctant. Sometimes the guy seems unsure. Sometimes they go for it (sometimes really go for it). A kiss is usually met with thunderous applause from both the Pirates and from the Porch of the B.B. I always hope I can get a young couple to kiss for the first time. What a story!!
    On the other hand there have been times when our request to pucker up is meet with less than enthusiasm. A scared, deer in the head lights look is a bad sign. When this happens it gets a little uncomfortable and awkward and we cant get to the first drop fast enough!!!! And I dont even want to know what the drive home is going to be like for the unsuspecting and probally embarassed couple.

Either way though my friends and I usually come away with an amussing story.

WplusK.com

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

What I love to do to people in line would likely creep the heck out of other people. I stand right behind the person and softly breathe on their ears. Sometimes the guest can't figure out whether if its the AC vents or a mysterious presence in the room. I have tried this out with guests in the HM and it totally freaks them out!!
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• out & about

At times it funny to see peoples reaction if you "wander" into and start walking close to someone else in another group. Just pretend your walking without paying much attention while looking focused on something in the distance or off to the side and start walking in someone elses group. Its fun to act all confused when they point out they dont know you, especially if its a mom with a stroller and a bunch of kids. Everyone looks at you kinda weird but I guarentee your friends that are watching will get a kick out of it.

WplusK.com

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by CaraGoCeltica
    What I love to do to people in line would likely creep the heck out of other people. I stand right behind the person and softly breathe on their ears. Sometimes the guest can't figure out whether if its the AC vents or a mysterious presence in the room. I have tried this out with guests in the HM and it totally freaks them out!!
    Thats a good one!

Sometimes I like to walk away from my girlfriend and "accidently" hold hands with someone else! Its funny as Freak!

WplusK.com

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

I randomly skip around in the park and shout How do you do? to random people.
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• So, you like... stuff?

My absolute favorite way to keep entertained while waiting in line is to "hook people". Hooking, as my friends and i call it, is a skill not easily learned. It involves flawless timing and precise execution. Let me first explain the ancient art of hooking. you hook somebody by first unhooking one of the queue ropes and then carefully hooking it to an unsuspecting patrons' pocket or purse. Unknowing of the laughter about to commence, the victim starts to move with the traffic of people in line only to be stopped abrubtly by the queue rope securely fastened to their person. This is the best part, everybody points and laughs!

• Shpadoinkle

My friends and I planned ahead last time by making Disneyland Line Bingo sheets. The game requires players to find various things while in line, usually things like a pink tank-top or someone with grey hair.

To "spice it up," there are some amusing squares. The only problem is that sometimes my friend would forget to use her indoor voice, and would randomly yell things like, "HEY YOU GUYS, I REALLY NEED AN EXTREMELY HAIRY MAN RIGHT NOW" and, "Oh, I need non-English speakers. LOOK! MEXICANS!"

• Traveler to the south

My boyfriend and I will sit on the porch on Main Street and he will tell people to get off his lawn. We will people watch for HOURS and since we have been together for a long time we don't even need to speak and with one look we totally know what we are thinking and laugh for days. This is known as our Dole Whip break.
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkersmell
    My boyfriend and I will sit on the porch on Main Street and he will tell people to get off his lawn. We will people watch for HOURS and since we have been together for a long time we don't even need to speak and with one look we totally know what we are thinking and laugh for days. This is known as our Dole Whip break.
    that is so cute Any time I watch fantasmic, I like to do the can can when that part comes up with my friends, or sometimes I do it alone.

• out & about

Wow... isnt this thread fun?

WplusK.com

• Part of Your World

I'll be sure to watch out for you then!