Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

The Clinkerbelles Celebrate an Anniversary and Early Birthday!

This past weekend we celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. What better way to celebrate than go to Disneyland!!

We drove down Friday and made it down despite being hit by a big plastic bin. We got to the hotel and met Grumpy4 for lunch. After we said our good-byes we rested for a few hours and then got ready for our night.

I thought we were just going to the park and having dinner somewhere there. We parked in Downtown Disney and took the monorail in. I was already confused. Gregg went to get fast passes for Space Mountain and then we decided to ride Buzz since it was a short wait. We finished that and Gregg started walking towards the monorail. VERY confused by this point. We got back on the monorail and Gregg said it was because we had to go back to the hotel to get the memory card he forgot for the camera. We got the memory card and then were supposedly going back to the park. I kept saying how hungry I was and he said we would eat as soon as we got there.

The next thing that confused me was he went to turn onto the freeway. I told him he shouldn't have done that and he acted like it was a mistake.

We drove for a bit and were heading towards Newport Beach. We arrived at Billys at the Beach. Apparently I had been conspired against and we were going to have a fabulous dinner there. And it was amazing!!! We had an appetizer that was the most tender meat EVER. Oh and the cheese bread was just amazing. Gregg had a mai tai and I had a razzle tazzle tini. The salad was in the coolest lazy susan ever. Gregg had mango chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and I had pork medalions with garlic potatoes. It was a fabulous meal and I want to thank the conspirators for setting this up. (We didn't take pictures sadly)

Saturday.
    We got to the park for opening because we wanted to try and get candy canes. We met up with Grumpy4 and went and saw that they were starting to make them.

We stood in line and entertained this man in front of us immensely. Apparently we are quite funny. We stood there until they sold the last one from the first batch. We did not get a candy cane but we had fun standing in line.

As we were deciding what to do first, Kimber handed us a bag that had several envelopes in it. She had made us a mini quest to do. We had to solve puzzles to get to our next ride and then open up the next envelope. I felt like I was on Amazing Race!! It was a lot of fun. Here are some pictures from while we were on our quest.

"You don't know NOTHING" was all I had been hearing for a week...

Yay, I figured out our first ride would be Mr. Toad.

Mansion was our next ride according to the puzzle.

A few of the puzzles were kind of confusing and we would have to sit down and think.

We figured out rides up until about 11:15. At this time Gregg says we are going to go sit by the train station. I was a little tired so said ok. We went up to the Main St station and he started talking to a CM about something happening at 11:30.

He had made arrangements for us to ride in the Lilly Belle. I was SO excited. It was such a beautiful car and I loved how you really felt like you were on a train. The interior was just gorgeous and it was so neat. Here are some pictures from that:

We finished our quest about 2ish. We decided we needed a drink and went over to Cove Bar to celebrate our victory. We had so much fun and want to just thank Kimber again for all the hard work she went to putting this together for us. Thank you again.

We went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner with some friends to celebrate my birthday a few weeks early.

I will post dinner, the park at night and Sunday in a bit. I need to get some work done now.
    Last edited by belle; 12-10-2007 at 11:02 AM.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Cal Poly DL Lover

Re: The Clinkerbelles Celebrate an Anniversary and Early Birthday!

Super sweet and glad you had a good time!

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Aww, what a great weekend! Congrats you two! To the sweetest couple on Mice Chat.

• Circle of Ancients

Ooooh, I can't wait to see what's next.

• Directly directed

How cute!! That's such a good surprise!

• GO DBACKS!!

Way to go Gregg, good job with the surprise dinner.

What a fun and memorable way to spend your anniversary........and congratulations, 12 years is awesome!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great pictures and reporting. Happy Anniversary, I am so glad that you got to ride the Lilly Belle. You married a great guy but then again he married a great gal.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Sounds like you had a great anniversary

• Neep meep beep

Congratulations!

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

Continuing on.....

Saturday night we went to Cafe Tu Tu Tango to celebrate my birthday with some of my favorite people.

After dinner and some shopping, we, Grumpy4, Villians Fan and Gregg and I went to Disneyland. We watched the fireworks from Small World and it was the best place to watch them.

We rode Small World and only waited about 30 minutes for Nemo. Pirates was our last ride of the night. Here are a few more pictures.

We left the park and went back to the hotel to get some rest before getting back to the park early on Sunday.

Sunday.
    We met G4 and headed to have breakfast at Cafe Orleans with IndianaJenn and Joe.

"Look! I am wearing pants again!!"

Happy Anniversary!

We have to go get a rental car so will finish up in a bit....
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Too fun. Happy Anniversary! If I suggest Disneyland to my wife for our anniversary, I may be spitting teeth. You 2 are very lucky but I know a great marriage isn't luck. It's work but well worth it!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

The weekend was soooo fun! Thanks for including us.

I wish I would have gotten some pictures of Fishy bellydancing on Saturday!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Awwww!! What a great time it looks like everyone had!! Happy Anniversary! I was there Sunday, sorry I didn't have a chance to run into you guys and say hi!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

HOLY CRAP! KIMBER'S WEARING PANTS!!!

Just teasing.

I'm so glad you had a very fun and surprise-filled birthday/anniversary weekend. If anyone deserves a fantastically enjoyable weekend, it's you guys!

• i need Disneyland!

awww what a nice TR! thanks! happy anniversary to you both!
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

I thought I was holding it correctly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast