Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Once Upon a Dream

Talking Birthday at DL w/a peek at Club 33!

It's official! After this visit and accompanying photos, my family thinks I'm a total Disneyland geek. At least I know some of the folks here on the boards will appreciate my eye for detail (albeit odd at times).

Long story short... My friend had a breakfast meeting for her company at Club 33 and invited me to tag along since my birthday was the next day. I couldn't go to the meeting, but could join her afterwords. The views are amazing! Especially with the Christmas decorations in NOS. I had a couple of yummy blueberry scones with creme fresh. Wish I had more time to partake of the lavish buffet.

After the bill was taken care of (over $4,000!), we were then free to explore the park. It was a blast just the two of us! We were able to leisurely stroll around and go with the flow. At about 10 a.m. we ran into a dream squad behind Rancho del Zocalo. We got Dream Fast Passes! Not that we really needed them on a cold Tuesday, but we were able to get so much more in during the day. We didn't feel like we missed anything!

The weather was rather blustery for So Cal and the fireworks were canceled, but we saw them as we came in the night before so we didn't feel cheated. We did get snow flurries - still looked great, just not as realistic. I have to say this was probably one of the best times I have had at DL. Gorgeous weather, light crowds, no hubby or 4 year old to look after. Just lovely!

On to the photos...

Looking out our hotel window at the parking structure, it seemed like DL was beckoning to us to come.

I've always wanted a good shot of this...

Kim and me at Club 33

Love the views!

Some decorations at Club 33

Here I am getting artsy - I loved the reflection of the Christmas tree in the lobby

The lobby looking down the staircase

Here's where I get geeky... The ladies room in Club 33! I thought it was simply lovely

Blurry detail of the swans above the mirror

Wish this photo came out better. I thought this was an interesting table. I'm sure I could find a book that has the back story about it.

First ride - Indy! Kim pointed out that it was running very slow and that was disappointing since this was my first time (it was always out of commission prior visits). We were stopped in front of the final Indy for some time so I took a photo.

Had to get the tourist photo

Next up - Jungle Cruise

We were screaming with laughter at this guy. He looks just like our friend, Derek!

Kim with her Dream Fastpass - came in handy later to ride Indy again. Much faster the second time around!

Look who we saw in line for the Matterhorn! He was the nicest Santa ever!

Speaking of Santa, had to tell him what we wanted for Christmas.

Alright, prepare for some DL geek photos.

For some reason I always thought this restroom sign was cool. Who can name the location?

Here's another photo I've been wanting to get... On the right hand track of Autopia. Hungry for some rusted nuts?

Close up

Speaking of hungry. Time for a break at the Café Orleans. Here's more geekiness... food pics!

Pomme Frites

Monte Cristo - a little slice of Heaven right here!

Our server noticed my birthday button, and he tried several unsuccessful attempts to light my candle - did I mention it was a blustery day? Mmmm... Mickey bignet

Just wanted to do a shout out here to all the CM's working yesterday... You guys ROCK!

After a very filling lunch, it's off to DCA to check out the Grand Californian. I must say they did an amazing job with this hotel. Simply stunning. My photo is a bit blurry, but it give it an ethereal quality I think.

Dancing bears at the registration desk.

Screamin'

Tower of Terror

Then back to DL for Pirates, Mansion, and Small World (guess we were getting tired)

Cap'n Jack

Small World Pics

Caught Space Mountain & Buzz (with our Dream Fastpasses) before the snowfall and canceled fireworks (more shopping time!)

The castle is gorgeous! I didn't tell my DS that I was going without him, but I did show him the shaky video I took of the castle lighting. I hope I get to bring him for Christmas next year. Speaking of shaky, sorry for the blurry photo, but it was close to the 12th hour spent at DL.

Thanks Walt!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Birthday at DL w/a peek at Club 33!

Nothing more special that Christmastime at DL AND a trip to Club33 Thanks for sharing your pictures, the ISAW ones are gorgeous. Glad you had a wonderful trip and Happy birthday!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Great picture and great TR
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Mickey is not my Brother

Great Pics nice to see inside the elusive Club 33, especially when its all dressed up for Christmas

Beautiful pictures! Just out of curiousity...did you happen to ride in the nosecone of the Monorail at all yesterday?

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    Great Pics nice to see inside the elusive Club 33, especially when its all dressed up for Christmas
    I agree! It's wonderful to see the Christmas decorations inside one of the generally un-seen areas of the park. Thank you!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Excellent pictures, hope you had fun! Happy Belated Birthday to you.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday!

I can't think of a better treat than Club 33 and Disneyland! Thanks for sharing, it looks like a lovely day.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Loved your pictures and nice ENDing shot!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

Wonderful pictures! What a treat going to Club33!

Happy Birthday and great pics and report!

Great photos! Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by DebiTasha View Post
    Wish this photo came out better. I thought this was an interesting table. I'm sure I could find a book that has the back story about it.
    In another past photo thread on Club 33...French25fan posted this photo of the same piece:

To which I wrote the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy
    You may be interested to know that that table is one of the most valuable antiques in the Club. And it is so intricately carved, that often folks don't realize the cloth that's draped over the top...is actually wood...until they get up close to it! It was selected by Lillian Disney herself while with Walt and Academy Award winning set decorator, Emil Kuri...on a trip to purchase furnishings for Club 33 (as were most of the antiques there). But this one was Lillian's absolute favorite out of all of them. I was told by one of the Disneyland VIP Guides that used to accompany Lillian on trips to Disneyland, that Lillian would always stop at it, "...to say 'Hi' and give it a few little pats." So your hand might very well be touching that beauty right where Lillian used to always greet her favorite piece in the Club.
    It's my understanding that the trip it was purchased on, was one of the ones they made to the real New Orleans, and purchased it at an antique shop on the real Royal Street. It's also my understanding that the entire piece is remarkably carved out of one single block of wood with no breaks. Something very rare in wood pieces such as this, I'm told.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great pictures but now I am hungry for some Cafe Orleans munchies.

• Once Upon a Dream

Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    Beautiful pictures! Just out of curiousity...did you happen to ride in the nosecone of the Monorail at all yesterday?
    Didn't get to the Monorail - my friend and I were commenting that neither one of us had ridden it for many years (at least 25 for me), and by the time we thought about it, we were too late. Maybe next trip.

Oh, and by the way, the little coffee shop (can't remember the name) on the left of Main Street as you are heading out of the park has a Cinnamon Tea Latte that is nectar of the Gods! The GIANT chocolate chip cookies ain't bad, either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast