Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: They would not let my daughter into Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut
    I disagree, we still have not established what is considered proof. If they were denied entry by having some form of "proof" would the guest still be wrong?

We all love Disneyland and maybe that is why this debate keeps going. Maybe some of us are shocked that a place that usually excels in customer service caused a potential guest to go away upset.
    If they provided a Birth Certificate and weren't let in, then we would have a discussion. We can't fault the company for protecting itself.

People walk away pissed from Disneyland all the time, for stupid stuff. I think that's probably why they haven't made such a big deal about this particular policy. Obviously, it would be more productive to have this conversation at City Hall rather than a message board. People keep asking us questions like we're representatives or something.

So to debate this issue continually is a bit pointless. We know the OP was at fault, but he's nowhere in sight, and Disney should add a bit more to their policy regarding underage free admission, but none of us here is capable of debating in place of Disney...

But as a fellow Customer Sales Representative, I side with the CM, especially when we don't know EXACTLY what happened there. Does he deserve to be fired? For what...?

• Original Mice-Chatter

I'm in customer service- and I don't see any need to side with the CM's. They should have called a lead out to deal with it-

• Back home :-(

I understand where Steak is coming from, but I have to say, I respectfully disagree with him.

The last time I visited Disneyland, it was actually with a 2 year old that is fairly tall for his age. Before we left, my sister was purchasing park tickets online and called to ask me "Do you think Tyler's birth certificate will be enough proof to get him in for free?" Rarely is something free in this world - so for me, I would just plan on bringing proof of age, no matter what.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    Can I get chips and salsa instead?
    Here ya go, Nephy. Enjoy!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    Here ya go, Nephy. Enjoy!

spiffy- my favorite snack in the whole world! (now I need to go shopping)

• Hooterville, USA

We've been had! But on the lighter side of this, we had a heck of a heated discussion.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    We've been had! But on the lighter side of this, we had a heck of a heated discussion.

you sound so certain- what makes you think so?

• Hooterville, USA

The OP has fled! If this was such a dramatic event, he would be here for support.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    The OP has fled! If this was such a dramatic event, he would be here for support.
    I kinda think you're right, Druggas. That was great entertainment, though.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Yeah it was fun!

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    Given the choice between enforcing an admission policy and ruining a little kid's day, the cast member should always err on the side that the parents might be telling the truth.

Not to derail the tread, but this is the same reason I do not think that Disney could ever enforce the FP window times. Even if 99% of the people were lying with their excuses, do you really want to ruin the day for the 1% of the people who were telling the truth. Disneyland is an entertainment company and a good time is what they sell.

I hope that we hear what the final resolution is.

i agree!

This is a sad sad story. The happiest place on earth deny's a child. Very poor customer service... BUT, if there is ANY question about the childs age because of their height, than BRING PROOF!

Even if 300 extra kids got in for free every day, Disney's pockets are deep enough to afford the loss though. Imagine if that girl made her way into Disneyland for free that one time and turned into one of the people on these message boards. Disney would have a customer for life that would choke up thousands!!! Too bad for them...

• Defeats the Huns

I just asked my friend from Guest Relations. Normally, a LEAD would have been able to have the power to let the guests in because the age policy is based on honesty. They would not ask for proof unless it's TOTALLY obvious that the family is lying (i.e. bringing a 7 year old to pass for a 2 year old). The Main Gate CM did not have the power to make the decision though - therefore it is both parties' fault. The CM should have called over a LEAD or MANAGER instead of just another Cast Member and the family should have waited a little longer and not gave up so easily along with bringing proof just because they knew that their child looks much older than her age.

Though it's both sides' fault, I still side more on the family because the CM should have known better. As a main gate cast member, they should have encountered MANY of these situations and should have the knowledge to take the necessary steps.

So have we heard back from Steak?

• Puppy Cuddles

I doubted it from the second he said he only had 50 bucks with him. For a family to bring only that much cash (I'm assuming card was not an option because he would have paid for the extra ticket with it if it was) is fishy. I mean, you'd have to do some major budgeting for three to reasonably survive on 50 bucks at Disneyland. Especially with a two year old. In my experience, they pretty much want everything they see and it takes nerves of steel to tell them no.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Minion

What if the family brought a commemorative birth certificate? This is what most of us have as a birth record that is in our possession. What if Disneyland said "no, we need an official government record of birth?". Would the family still be wrong?
    Currently, all children born are required to have a Social Security card before age 1. You need the birth certificate for this. I can see how this could be an issue, but if someone wants to go to all the hasle of finding someone with a birth certificate under the age of 3, to get in a 3-4 yo, more power to them. I still tell people to carry a copy of their child's BC with them. Much easier than all the hassle we have seen here.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Disneyland's policy is children under three are admitted for free. It says nothing about bringing "proof". The cast members were enforcing a vague and ambiguous "policy" if one even exists.
    So, based on this, if I was to walk up to the gate with my 16yo son, and say "He's 2", they should just believe me and allow him in? Where would you draw the line?
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast