Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: They would not let my daughter into Disneyland!

Actually, yes, it would - including for "little people" whose height restricts them from being able to ride certain attractions. But then, do you have a different price for every height limitation? I'm not disagreeing with the idea, I actually like it.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• No Longer The Candidate

I think they would use the same number ticket levels they use now. Just instead of 3, it would be the average height of a three year old. Then instead of "Adult" (which is some ridiculously low age now), it would be 48", which puts you on most of the rides.

But what about expectant mothers or senior citizens or anybody that has no intention of riding the height restricted rides? I don't think the height system would work for Disney. It's not necessarily about riding the most thrill rides in one day, it's about the atmosphere.

That is a sad story, but why didn't you ask for a manager? I don't necessarily think parents of tall 2 year olds should have to carry a birth certificate, but I would in your situation. And I definitely would have raised 'holy heck' so to speak.
    Last edited by millionairegirl; 07-26-2005 at 09:53 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

If he was able to get his child in before with absolutely no problems (and being an AP I'd imagine he goes often), then in this case I don't think you should have expected him to carry around his child's birth certificate. And I'm sure that after this incident, he's going to want to carry it around.

The child should be compensated in some way...not money obviously, but something that's special to Disneyland and herself. Maybe a special meeting with Mickey Mouse or something...

Quote Originally Posted by millionairegirl
    But what about expectant mothers or senior citizens or anybody that has no intention of riding the height restricted rides? I don't think the height system would work for Disney. It's not necessarily about riding the most thrill rides in one day, it's about the atmosphere.

That is a sad story, but why didn't you ask for a manager?
    No system is perfect, but you can't lie about your height!

Depends on the skills of the cobbler, I suppose, but that's lying in the other direction

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

I thinks it's a bit judgemental to call the CM an idiot or something to that effect for doing his job...

Disney has rules for a reason, and they expect their CM's to follow them. As someone who also works in customer service, too often, I get yelled and cursed at for following company policy. The customer is NOT always right. If the customer was always truthful and not willing to take advantage of services, then this would be true...

In this particular situation, I think you should have had some sort of proof for your child, especially since you are aware that she is bigger than the average 2 year old. It's called PREVENTIVE MEASURES. Meaning you do what is you can to prevent a situation even if it has never occured. I bought a car alarm, but I've never had my car stolen. Should I wait for someone to do it? No...

And for all the parents saying that you should have made a big fuss... Yeah, that's the PERFECT thing to do. Ruin everyone else's entry into the park, and frustrate the Gate CM...

Because you know, people are more likely to help you out when you act like a jerk

I know it must have sucked really bad for your daughter, and I sympathize with you, but at the same time you could have prevented it from happening. In situations like this, you should calmly try to solve the situation, it makes things easier for you, other guests, management, and the CM that you're attacking for following company policy.

Let's start taking repsonsibility for our own actions people!

• Disney worshipper/geek

That'ds terrible, my cousin's daughter is tall like that too. It always took me a minute when she still had a pacifier and. Both of her parents are very tall...
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I thinks it's a bit judgemental to call the CM an idiot or something to that effect for doing his job...

Disney has rules for a reason, and they expect their CM's to follow them. As someone who also works in customer service, too often, I get yelled and cursed at for following company policy. The customer is NOT always right. If the customer was always truthful and not willing to take advantage of services, then this would be true...

In this particular situation, I think you should have had some sort of proof for your child, especially since you are aware that she is bigger than the average 2 year old. It's called PREVENTIVE MEASURES. Meaning you do what is you can to prevent a situation even if it has never occured. I bought a car alarm, but I've never had my car stolen. Should I wait for someone to do it? No...

And for all the parents saying that you should have made a big fuss... Yeah, that's the PERFECT thing to do. Ruin everyone else's entry into the park, and frustrate the Gate CM...

Because you know, people are more likely to help you out when you act like a jerk

I know it must have sucked really bad for your daughter, and I sympathize with you, but at the same time you could have prevented it from happening. In situations like this, you should calmly try to solve the situation, it makes things easier for you, other guests, management, and the CM that you're attacking for following company policy.

Let's start taking repsonsibility for our own actions people!
    Shouldn't the CM have taken responsibility for escalating the situation to a manager?

um I respectfully have to disagree with most of you. If you are going somewhere and expect to pay a lower price based on age, you should carry some sort of proof.

Even though we all want to give happiness to children, and beleive that people are honest, the cold hard truth is that PEOPLE DO LIE.

I'm not accusing Steak or anyone else on this board of doing it, but we all know people do, and Disney has to protect themselves from it, especially it's a large price difference.

If you need to bring a doctors note to get a SAP, you need to bring a certificate to get a 2 year old in for free. because they know there are alot of people who will cheat the system if they can.

Personally, I applaud the cast members for enforcing a rule, since they did not have proof of the childs age.

If you go anywhere, and expect special treatment (senior discount, free sundae on your birthday, childs admission, SAP, etc) you should be prepared to prove it, or don't get upset when they deny it. Whining to disney will only make them enforce these rules more strickly, as we have seen with the SAP.

One problem children often have is on the ID-front. So many people have *no* ID until they're 16 and get their first driver's license.

A lot of people don't realize that for a small fee, you can go to the DMV and get an ID card. It's a lot like a driver's license, except for the one teensy fact that it does not allow you to operate a car. Therefore, people who are underage can get them too.

That might be a good solution. I know my kids' birth certificates aren't readily available. They are locked away safely at the bank (the certificates, not the kids).

Quote Originally Posted by millionairegirl

That is a sad story, but why didn't you ask for a manager? I don't necessarily think parents of tall 2 year olds should have to carry a birth certificate, but I would in your situation. And I definitely would have raised 'holy heck' so to speak.

Expectant mothers and senior citizens would have to pay the adult price anyways wouldn't they? I mean, at least with the mothers, even if they planned on just shopping and watching fireworks, there is no "expectant mothers'" discount is there? I'm not really sure if there is a seniors' discount at the Park now, but I'm sure that if there is/was such a discount, it could be continued with height specific ticketing. It wouldn't be any different than a senior showing their ID to get a discount at the movies.

• The Unknown Princess

**goes slightly off-topic**

As a mother of a child who is on the taller side, I sympathize. When I go on trips to anywhere with my son I have always carried a copy of his birth certificate. Not for the 'benefits' of a child price but for safety.

With the craziness of the world today and hopefully it will stay out of Disneyland (but you never know), if my child were to get lost, who would be able to say who he is or if in fact I am the parent? I carry a picture of him and myself together and also his birth certificate. Copies of any other legal documents I carry around too (sad that it has come to this) to say that I have legal guardianship or legal temporary physical guardianship. Yes, it does start to bog me down with all of it but I'd rather have everything there I need "JUST IN CASE"

Where I live, we have this thing called a Child ID that has his name and a phone number and a picture of him. With the technology of today, it isn't hard to make a Child ID at home. I would suggest to put in the "ID" a picture of you and your child.

**back on topic**

I do agree they should have called in a manager to 'settle' dispute but I'd rather be prepared than caught off guard. You say you have gone quite often to the park and had no trouble but was that in the past week? the past month? the past year? Children grow fast and well, from week to week, they change.

We never really know what is told to the CMs. They could have JUST had a memo about another CM being scolded/busted for letting someone go when they were 5 instead of 3. Most CMs I have encountered are very pleasant and yet strict with the rules.

I hope things work out for you. Your daughter will forget about this and will just enjoy the time at Disneyland the next time you go. Hopefully you can 'forget' and enjoy and this situation not leave you bitter towards a CM who was just doing what he/she was told to do.

• Wonderful World

I can understand your fustration but the CM was just doing her/his job

[QUOTE=phruby]I would have waited a few minutes away from the main gate then went over to one of the other gates and gotten in with a different cast member. I'd also remember the CM name and pay a trip over to city hall.

QUOTE]
    Thats how I would of handled it
    I'm back MiceChat

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast