Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

They would not let my daughter into Disneyland!

A first, of all our visits.
    Went to Disneyland Monday, were going to meet up with friends from washington state. My wife and I are both annual passholders, and brought our 2, almost 3 year old daughter.
    I'm 6'3", 230 lbs. with a size 14 shoe. My girl is her father's daughter, she is tall but still just a toddler. 2 going on 3.
    They would not let her in without a ticket. We pleaded with the stink-eyed cast member, but she refused. She finally called over another cast member, and both stood by her that my daughter needed a ticket. We don't usually carry a copy of her birth certificate in our wallets, so had no way to prove it. Since we came with exactly $50 cash, we would have been left without food, drinks, or anything to buy a ticket we did not need.
    In the end, they turned us away. My little girl sung about mickey mouse ( she made up her own song) all the way down in the morning. And left crying that she didn't want to go home, she wanted to see mickey mouse.
    I thought this was absurd.
    My daughter (pic in my profile, about 5 months ago) is not heavy or anything, she is just really tall for her age. Taller than my neighbors 4 year old. Thats not her fault, and cast members need to give the benefit of the doubt when it could go either way. We go fairly often, and have never had a problem. This incident really got to me though.....
    My little girl doesn't take up much room, but adds a crowds worth of joy to the park. The CM's need to calm down, and trust honest people.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: They would not let my daughter into Disneyland!

Wow. What a sad story. Give Guest Relations a call: (714) 781-4773. Explain what happend. I'm sure there will be some nice CM that will fix the issue for your daughter pronto.
    -Monorail Man

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    Wow. What a sad story. Give Guest Relations a call: (714) 781-4773. Explain what happend. I'm sure there will be some nice CM that will fix the issue for your daughter pronto.
    Exactly! And be sure to mail in a copy of her birth certificate and they might do more for you. Still quite sad. I know when I was younger the kid's age range went 3-11 and my mom stretched that for my brother and no such troubles?

• there's always my way...

If that dosent fix it, I know someone who can. PM me. Guest relations should clear it up for you, they are pretty good about that. But if not just tell me who you spoke with and it shall get fixed.
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• Minion

Yep.. if they hear your story (I guess with proof), they should offer you some compensation.

• me.

Whoaaa... I would have raised hell in there. Well, not really since it IS Disneyland. But I would be pissed off to no end. omg.
    I agree with everyone else give some proof and call guest relations.

• done

I'm sorry that your daughter was turned away and that she went away disappointed, but I can't fault the CMs at all. You were telling the truth that your daughter, while big for her age, wasn't 3 yet. And you say that the CMs should trust honest people. But how are they supposed to know that you're being honest? You know it. But how are they supposed to know the difference between you and what are apparently enough people (based on just the people who've posted on the boards I'm on) who don't think twice about lying about their kid's age when they're beyond 3? Now that you know there could be some question about her age because of her height, the easy way around it is to bring a copy of her birth certificate whenever you visit. That way, if there's a question, you've got proof.

And I disagree with someone else's opinion that you should get some sort of compensation for what happened. The CMs were doing their job.

• Hooterville, USA

One thing the CM could have done is ask the child how old she is. Children usually don't lie at that age.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• My cuties!

OMG! I would have been soooo pissed!!!!! I hope you can get some resolution!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

That really is awful. You should DEFINTELY pursue this. Send them some proof and a letter explaining your story. You and your daughter are owed big time. I can't imagine that the people who recieve it wouldn't feel just awful about your little girl being turned away from DISNEYLAND!!!

I would have been so upset, especially seing my child so disappointed. Going to Disneyland is a huge buildup for a kid and to be let down so harshly- just awful.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Wantabe DLRR Engineer

Should have caused a fuss at the gate and asked for a supervisor, they might have fixed it right there. Call guest relations, they will take care of you.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    One thing the CM could have done is ask the child how old she is. Children usually don't lie at that age.
    Yep, I have seen people do that before. It usually embarasses me when someone asks the child I am with (my little brother) because it shows they don't trust me, but they are only doing their job.
    Shiny and New

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California

July 2012 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    A first, of all our visits.
    Went to Disneyland Monday, were going to meet up with friends from washington state. My wife and I are both annual passholders, and brought our 2, almost 3 year old daughter.
    I'm 6'3", 230 lbs. with a size 14 shoe. My girl is her father's daughter, she is tall but still just a toddler. 2 going on 3.
    They would not let her in without a ticket. We pleaded with the stink-eyed cast member, but she refused. She finally called over another cast member, and both stood by her that my daughter needed a ticket. We don't usually carry a copy of her birth certificate in our wallets, so had no way to prove it. Since we came with exactly $50 cash, we would have been left without food, drinks, or anything to buy a ticket we did not need.
    In the end, they turned us away. My little girl sung about mickey mouse ( she made up her own song) all the way down in the morning. And left crying that she didn't want to go home, she wanted to see mickey mouse.
    I thought this was absurd.
    My daughter (pic in my profile, about 5 months ago) is not heavy or anything, she is just really tall for her age. Taller than my neighbors 4 year old. Thats not her fault, and cast members need to give the benefit of the doubt when it could go either way. We go fairly often, and have never had a problem. This incident really got to me though.....
    My little girl doesn't take up much room, but adds a crowds worth of joy to the park. The CM's need to calm down, and trust honest people.
    You definitly need to go to Guest Relations and see that you are compensated. Meanwhile I send your little girl a big hug
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

That is utter crap, and you most certainly do deserve some kind of compensation. You got the family up, drove down, parked, got in line, etc; and a couple of jack---es ruined it for you. That is absolutely not how guests are meant to be treated, especially by Disney. Even run-of-the-mill retail guest service employees know that. If there was a question about your daughters age, then they of course have a right to ask, but to take it that far and not give you the benefit of the doubt is absurd. As if one little girl was going to cause the turnstiles to have to close and Disneyland to cease operating... Morons...

I hope your little girl is feeling better and her next trip is extra special to make up for this fiasco. I hate to see kids let down or upset by idiots.

• Up is Down

man I would have been pretty mad myself.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast