• In Mouse We trust

Thumbs down Ariel's Grotto Princess breakfast: Our experience.

We went there for breakfast to see the princesses. Our experience was terrible. I would not recommend it based on our experience. The food was bad, the service was terrible, the price was exorbitant. The princesses did not spend more than 30-40 seconds at your table. The seating (especially the booths) was cramped so it was virtually impossible for the children to get out of their seats to greet the princesses or for the princesses to move comfortably.

After you get to the bottom of the steps before the restaurant, you are given a drive through meet and greet with Princess Ariel after waiting for a long line. Then you are seated.

Here is a picture of the restaurant after everyone has left.

It looks nice, it is a lovely restaurant, but like I said our seating was cramped and as you can see there is little room for the princesses to move about the room or for you to get out of your booth for pictures, especially when you factor in the movement of wait staff as well. etc.

Once seated, the server (who unlike Cinderella's royal table in WDW was not in any themed costume but in above dress) asked us what we wanted to drink, we told him and he left. After 10 minutes he came back with a triple deck tray with 2bagels, 2 muffins, and two small pieces of orange cranberry bread on the lower level, middle level had some different cream cheese and a few different slices of a couple of different gourmet cheeses. The top level had a small bunch of grapes, 5 strawberries, 2 slices of muskmelon and two slices of orange, and watermelon. Still no drinks. We began eating the baked goods, finally (15-20 minutes after being seated)we asked a server (not our own) going by for something to drink. The drinks finally arrived. After 35 minutes we received our "main course" a large skillet or dutch oven with scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, a small pile of bacon, and some homestyle chunky fried potatoes. We had 5 people in our group and when we asked for more including drink refills, the server said ok but then we waited for another long time before we received it.
    The sausage was cold, the eggs were tasteless, the bacon was soggy, the potatoes tasted like grass.

They only allow 5 princesses at a time in the grotto and that includes Princess Ariel. They spend very little time at the tables and it is not very social. If you want to meet and greet the Princesses, I would recommend going to the Princess fantasy faire in Fantasyland and meeting Ariel at Triton's garden in the Disneyland/Magic Kingdom park.

Oh and the price was 32.21 per adult and 17.34 per child 3-9 which includes gratuity.
    I don't think we got our money's worth.

This was based on our experience, feel free to share your positive or negative experiences.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Ariel's Grotto Princess breakfast: Our experience.

Yet another stellar Disneyland Resort dining experience -- I hate to say this but if their dining services were any better I would be shocked. This sort of quality unfortunately is now par for the course.

• Minion

I have only had one bad experience at Ariel's. I loved when you use to be able to have Ariel come to your table, but now like you said you should walk on by and take a picture. Its all about money I guess. I have had good experiences there though, but won't go back due to the increase in price.
    Jeff Wayne

• Rather Be At Disneyland

I only ate at Ariel's once before, for lunch. I liked it a lot. I had the pasta which I thought was great and I liked that you could just sit there and the princesses will come to you, rather than waiting in line for an hour at PFF and getting to meet what ever three Princesses are in there at the time (I got Jasmine, Pocahontas, and Minnie when I went). At least at Ariel's you get most of the main Princesses.

• Minion

Ariel's has always been bad. Bring back Puck.
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I've never had a problem at Ariel's despite usually having groups where the minimum age was 17yrs old. Some of the princesses did shy away a little... a lof of face characters don't tend to handle "older" kids well.
    But anyway, after the automatic gratuity and the new price increase, I'm not sure I'll be back any time soon... which is kind of sad.
    (Also, I hate Ariel doesn't get to walk around to tables anymore)

• Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    Ariel's has always been bad. Bring back Puck.
    I had worse service the three times I tried eating there when it was run by Puck. I ended up walking out the last time - after waiting 40 minutes and recieving only bread and water at my table. They had my order for over a half hour and couldn't even get my drink out.

• Hiding in the shadows

I am sorry you had such a bad experience, unfortunately I have not heard good things about the breakfast experience.

I have however spent several lunches there with my daughter and have always had a stellar time. The trick is to book at the beginng of the seating rotation (they do seatings in incriments of I believe 90 minutes) so for lunch I think its noon, 1:30 and 3:00. You will one of the first tables to get the princesses they are still chipper and friendly and since he place isnt filled up yet you are not rushed at all. My daughter got to actually talk to Ariel for a few minutes our last visit because we were one of the first to get there. In addition, you get great food service and little wait for drnks etc.

It is pricy, but for us, we havn't had a bad lunch yet.

A little piece of heaven

•   
    • Senior Minion

I've never been there, and looks like I won't. I've only had one character breakfast, and that is the Lilo & Stitch one at the Paradise Pier Hotel. I've found the PPH to have good food, and the characters (Lilo, Stitch, Minnie, Pluto) come around quite often to the tables ... and it also has never been too crowded the times I've been there either ... oh and the food is delicious too!