View Poll Results: DCA Expansion Attractions That Excite You Most

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carsland Drive-In

    34 24.82%
  • Carthey Theatre / Walt Disney Story

    59 43.07%
  • Disney's World of Color

    77 56.20%
  • Expansion Preview Center

    39 28.47%
  • Luigi's Roamin' Tires

    24 17.52%
  • Radiator Springs Racers

    57 41.61%
  • Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

    11 8.03%
  • Toy Story Midway Mania

    44 32.12%
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid

    71 51.82%
  • Walt Disney Plaza/Red Car Trolley/Other Attraction

    59 43.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56
  1. #46

    • Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Live in the Uk, born in California
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

    I am salivating over Carsland - that's the one addition that will tempt me especially to fly the 6000 miles to Disneyland. WWOC sounds great too, as will the placeshaping.

    But I would rather have Golden Dreams or Circle of Hands than another nauseating toon based dark ride especially as I feel the Little Mermaid is one of the most overrated films in history. Plus it has very little to do with the theme of California (a theme that if properly executed could have been awesome).
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!





  2. #47

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    191

    Re: Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

    where can i find detailed descriptions of all these attractions
    5 days a week

  3. #48

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by njacobus View Post
    where can i find detailed descriptions of all these attractions
    Here's a couple of links. Al Lutz's rert (the first link) is the most detailed account on the internet -

    http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al101807a.htm

    http://bp3.blogger.com/_P3S5vM0aLiI/...8disney_gp.gif
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  4. #49

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    I am salivating over Carsland - that's the one addition that will tempt me especially to fly the 6000 miles to Disneyland. WWOC sounds great too, as will the placeshaping.

    But I would rather have Golden Dreams or Circle of Hands than another nauseating toon based dark ride especially as I feel the Little Mermaid is one of the most overrated films in history. Plus it has very little to do with the theme of California (a theme that if properly executed could have been awesome).

    I certainly share your enthusiasm over Carsland, Dave! As you can see by those responding to the poll, all kinds of people are anxiously anticipating the attraction.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  5. #50

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    302

    Re: Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

    As soon as I saw "Disney's World of Color", I got the Spectrum Song stuck in my head...
    "Red yellow green red blue blue blue, red orange green blue purple red.."

    Great. Thats going to be stuck in my head the whole time I'm at Disneyland today.

  6. #51

    • Digging to Earth's center
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    45 minutes away from Disneyland
    Posts
    336

    Re: Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    .

    "Ingenious" (or "creative, original, and inventive") wouldn't be a rehash of the 9-year-old Test Track system, or another omnimover attraction.
    Journey to the Center of the Earth in Tokyo DisneySea used the Test Track system, and it's an extremely successful attraction. Lots of people say it's the best attraction in the world. But then again, Journey to the Center of the Earth has a subterranean theme, and Radiator Racers (is that what it was called?) is themed to cars, just like Test Track.

    So don't underestimate the system, because JTTCOTE was extremely successful. Yet on the other hand, you're a little right about it being a rehash of Test Track, since they're both heavily based on cars and their performances instead of a truly original underground voyage.
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

    First DL trip - 1997

    First WDW trip - N/A

    # of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

    # of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

  7. #52

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

    This just in, i just read that the Mr. Potato Head has landed and is in its final resting spot and can be seen from the cove bar!


  8. #53

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by girrrtacos View Post
    As soon as I saw "Disney's World of Color", I got the Spectrum Song stuck in my head...
    "Red yellow green red blue blue blue, red orange green blue purple red.."

    Great. Thats going to be stuck in my head the whole time I'm at Disneyland today.
    Robert and Richard Sherman worked pure magic with the many songs that they wrote together. The Spectum Song is so catchy that it really does make one dance thru the day. This is just one more elemental reason that Disney's world of Color will be an incomparable sensory delight.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  9. #54

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    Journey to the Center of the Earth in Tokyo DisneySea used the Test Track system, and it's an extremely successful attraction. Lots of people say it's the best attraction in the world. But then again, Journey to the Center of the Earth has a subterranean theme, and Radiator Racers (is that what it was called?) is themed to cars, just like Test Track.

    So don't underestimate the system, because JTTCOTE was extremely successful. Yet on the other hand, you're a little right about it being a rehash of Test Track, since they're both heavily based on cars and their performances instead of a truly original underground voyage.
    The unique element of Radiator Sprigs Racers might be an indoor race track combined with an outdoor cruise on Route 66. Along with this will likely be encounters with hyjinx and mayhem.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  10. #55

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Re: Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    Journey to the Center of the Earth in Tokyo DisneySea used the Test Track system, and it's an extremely successful attraction. Lots of people say it's the best attraction in the world. But then again, Journey to the Center of the Earth has a subterranean theme, and Radiator Racers (is that what it was called?) is themed to cars, just like Test Track.

    So don't underestimate the system, because JTTCOTE was extremely successful. Yet on the other hand, you're a little right about it being a rehash of Test Track, since they're both heavily based on cars and their performances instead of a truly original underground voyage.
    I think Radiator Springs Racers will be fun and everything, it just won't capture my imagination the same way that a "truly original underground voyage" would. It's kind of like how the Nemo Subs are still fun, but they don't capture my imagination like a non-cartoon voyage deep underwater where you encounter mermaids and are attacked by a Sea Serpent.

    I think it is ridiculous that almost everything has to be cartoon based in the American Disney parks.

  11. #56

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Which DCA Expansion Attractions Sound Hot? Which Do Not?

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I think Radiator Springs Racers will be fun and everything, it just won't capture my imagination the same way that a "truly original underground voyage" would. It's kind of like how the Nemo Subs are still fun, but they don't capture my imagination like a non-cartoon voyage deep underwater where you encounter mermaids and are attacked by a Sea Serpent.

    I think it is ridiculous that almost everything has to be cartoon based in the American Disney parks.
    Look at the bright side GH, Odds are that the the third gate will Journey to the Center of the Earth. At that point the Disneyland resort will have double the Test Trackish action.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-01-2008 at 10:10 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. This may sound odd, but I have too many hours!
    By KevRus in forum Break Room
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 01:13 AM
  2. 6/16/07 sound good?
    By stitchon in forum Contests, Meets and Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 06:15 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 05:26 PM
  4. This might sound a bit weird...
    By Tapdawg in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 09:19 AM
  5. looking for sound wav
    By monorail_rider in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 06:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •