Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Disney fanatics who won't ride everything...

Hello everyone, I've been here before but it's been so long I forgot my username and password so I went ahead and made a new one, hope that's okay!

But anyway, I was wondering how you all feel about Disney freaks (i.e. Micechatters) who, for one reason or another, most likely fear, will not ride certain Disney rides. The best examples I think of are DCA's 3 big thrill rides. I have to admit, for some reason it irks me! Disney would not install a ride unless they felt it had mass appeal, and more likely than not the whole family can ride. Disney parks do not have extreme rides, period! So c'mon folks, face your fears and get on those rides! Believe me, they're not so bad.
    Last edited by Phase Red; 12-14-2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Added a missing word.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Disney fanatics who won't ride everything...

Well I've refused to ride the Astro Orbitor until it's returned to their proper place at the top where that waste of space spinning thing resides now. I can just ride Dumbo at the same level and have the same level of excitement. Definitely isn't a fear factor, more like a boycott.

• Banned User

That's a good point, too. I didn't ride it until very recently, and only because there was no wait.

I guess what I was getting at is can you truly call yourself a Disney park fanatic if you refuse to ride some of the best E ticket attractions? I say NO!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Red View Post
    That's a good point, too. I didn't ride it until very recently, and only because there was no wait.

I guess what I was getting at is can you truly call yourself a Disney park fanatic if you refuse to ride some of the best E ticket attractions? I say NO!
    The Disneyland experience is far more than just attractions. There's plenty more to see and do without ever stepping aboard an E-Ticket.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    The Disneyland experience is far more than just attractions. There's plenty more to see and do without ever stepping aboard an E-Ticket.
    Oh, absolutely, there is something for everyone. And that's fine for the guest who may visit DL once every few years or so. But how about the AP holder who visits at least once a week and has so for years, but still refuses to do certain things? Such a person is definately missing out!

• Hiding in the shadows

I thought once Pezz rode Mailboomer the fear stigma with MiceChatters was lifted?

Hoenstly I don't visit Disney for Thrill rides, and I prefer to do more experience based attractions (Soarin, PoTC, etc). I also have small Children and so Screamin isnt really an option without a Child swap scenario (I should mention that Indy isn't an option usually either for the same reason).

If I want pure thrills I'll visit Magin Mountain, I go to Disney for an experience.

A little piece of heaven

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm not sure fear is a word I'd use unless I fear thowing up all over the place. No go on Teacups or Star Tours for me.

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

I refuse to ride Maliboomer or ToT. No way. No how.
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    I thought once Pezz rode Maliboomer the fear stigma with MiceChatters was lifted?
    I wouldn't say there is a stigma, as the vast majority of people will, and do ride any and every ride. I was surprised that Pezz was hesitant to get on the 'Boomer though, since we've seen so many pictures of him on California Screamin' and Space Mountain. Glad he did ride it, though. I'm not sure how he feels about ToT, though.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    That's a shame! Even more so since I'm guessing you're a football fan. ToT, I think, humbly, is the best ride in Anaheim. Now that it's there, I couldn't imagine the DL Resort without it.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Thanks to the Gumball Rally, I have offically been on everything. Before setting up the event, I just never got around to doing Jumpin' Jellyfish, Francis' Ladybug Boogie, or S.S. rustworty.

Those questions have to come from somewhere!
    -Monorail Man

• Mischievous Mouse

Maliboomer -I've never been on this one, 180' up like that? I dunno.
    Sun Wheel - 160' feet, stuck at the top? Not much better. Never been on it either.

JJF the kids did, doesn't look like fun to me though. No orange Stinger. Never been on Flik Flyer.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    ToT? I love it. But haven't, done Mali, might next time, who knows.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Knight that says Nee!!

I don't see a connection, sorry. One can be a fanatical fan of Disney who holds an AP and visits often and still not ride the thrill rides for various reasons. You're OP seems to indicate that "fear" can be the only reason, that is an assumption and a wrong one in my opinion.

I am a "fanatical DLR fan". I have an AP and my family and I visit DLR around 4 times a year. I do not ride Tower of Terror because my doctor has told me not to for now due to problems with my high blood pressure. I also am not interested in (due to personal choice) a few other attractions & shows in the resort...that does not make me less of a Disney fan.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
    Sun Wheel - 160' feet, stuck at the top? Not much better.
    I've 101ed on Sun Wheel and didn't even notice it. They've got a backup motor for breakdowns. Also, if it goes beyond that, all they need is a couple of strong people to push it. It's balanced that well (as most Ferris Wheels are).
    -Monorail Man

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast