Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: The Marginal Utility of Disneyland and Its Various Parts

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    I don't recall any occasion where I had nothing to do in particular one afternoon and dismissed the possibility of visiting the park because "I'm tired of the place." However, there have been visits - often on extremely uncrowded days - where, even after just a few hours, we look at each other and decide, "Oh-kay, time to go!"
    I agree. Generally, for me, its the crowds that make me want to leave the park. Not because I'm bored, but because I don't want to deal with all of the people, or wait in queues anymore.

I don't really do many attractions these days. Not because I'd rather pass on them, because I'd love to take another spin on Indy or another ride through outer space, or a tour of my favorite haunted mansion, but because I've become so tired of crowds.

The attractions, the ambiance, the show still hold the magic for me. But when the crowds are too much, I typically resign to just hanging out around the park, snapping photos, or browsing through the shops.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Lowering Expectations

Actually I said extremely uncrowded days, MG. And contrary to popular belief, there have been a few during the off season. Days when I can ride any attraction to my heart's content, and then decide that that was good enough for one visit.

But you're right, it works the other way around too. On very busy days, send me backstage past the Main Street shops once, but not twice. Noo thank you.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Actually I said extremely uncrowded days, MG. And contrary to popular belief, there have been a few during the off season. Days when I can ride any attraction to my heart's content, and then decide that that was good enough for one visit.

But you're right, it works the other way around too. On very busy days, send me backstage past the Main Street shops once, but not twice. Noo thank you.
    My bad.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Lowering Expectations

But those darned trash cans. I'm sick of looking at them! Every time I pass one, it makes me want to stand on one foot and hop in place fifty seven times.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

it's the atmosphere that's addictive
    thats one of the main reason i love the park, sure the rides are all the same, but you can still have differn't experiences
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• a wind to shake the stars

Perhaps; we should be asking ourselves this question: Does Disneyland's marginal utility have an overbearing economics of the park--and therefore the company--or does it take a more laissez-faire view when approaching the expected limited lifespan of an attraction within the hearts and minds of each individual guest. This may be a concept for another thread, however.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    Perhaps; we should be asking ourselves this question: Does Disneyland's marginal utility have an overbearing economics of the park--and therefore the company--or does it take a more laissez-faire view when approaching the expected limited lifespan of an attraction within the hearts and minds of each individual guest. This may be a concept for another thread, however.
    Well we can certainly burn up a lot of electrons on this topic, suffice it to say that some rides are holding up interest wise far better than others. The Matterhorn is still a hit, HM, FL dark rides have all held up well. Space Mt. has done much better than Star Tours. And the WFJC manages to get decent crowds even with sub par skipper performances and a hobbled script.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• U. B. Bold

The only thing I get tired of is the crowds.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• I'm not really here

For me, frequency is not a factor. I could live in the park and never tire of it. I may not feel like riding a particular ride every time I am there, but to say that I am tired of them is not true either. I simply would rather ride another this time. I love them all. There is a deep magnetic attraction to the place, a pull that permeates the very air and eletrifies the senses when you enter. Like swimming through liquid happiness.

There are people who simply don't have a limit. For as often as people like Matt Ouimet and John Lasseter or Tony Baxter are(were) in the parks, I get the feeling that they never tire(d) of it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Launch sequence engaged

At a certain point, even going once or twice a month can make me lose interest in the parks. I love Disneyland, but when you get a chance to take so much of it in, you reach a point where it loses magic. This is offset by the addition of new theming, entertainment, and attractions, of course.

However, the trick I employ is that when my pass expires, I do not renew it, and taking away my ability to visit anytime I please drives me nuts. Then, I renew the pass to get the magic back.

Add me to the list of crowds bothering me as well.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Me and Tigerlily let our AP's lapse this year because we felt that the expense couldn't justify the number of trip we planned on taking... because we needed a break from Disneyland. So we haven't been to the Park much this year.

But we're coming between Christmas and New Years with the whol fan-damily, and then again for the Gumball Rally/3rd anniversary, and then we're coming again in April for the "Backstage Magic" tour, so we decided to re-up this year before we leave on New Years Eve day. The lines for AP's are gonna be hell.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12