Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Fancy that...

Grizzly peak expansion idea

So, it's already being expanded by taking out Condor Flats, but that just means that they're re-theming it by adding trees and painting Soarin' differently. Although I think it's a good idea and should happen, why stop there? IMO, they should move,thats right MOVE Soarin' to the new Carsland expansion and re-theme Cars land to being a new Condor Flats (just a lot bigger). And since DCA is trying to be more Walt-ish why not use that space from the soarin' space to put in "Mineral King" inspired shops and a country bears show . For those of you unfamiliar with this, "Mineral King" was a resort that was designed by Disney (during Walt's time) for Northern California that never got built because of a series of legal tangles, One of the attractions proposed for this resort was The Country Bears, in fact that was how it was made. I can't find any pictures of the resort so you'll have to search on you're own I know! it's irrelivent(sp)lol and will never happen but overall i'd like to know what you think of the mineral King idea

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Grizzly peak expansion idea

I personally don't see what good moving Soarin to "cars" land would be. They're complete opposite ideas. Soarin still works in Grizzly Peak area in my opinion.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Drunk On Disney!

That is a very wonderfull idea!!!!!!!
    Disney should do it!!

• Mickey is not my Brother

i would love to see the Grizzly Peak area to become a bustling forest

• Just one of those days

But what does Soarin have to do with Cars? It wouldn't fit in.

I had this idea awhile ago before the proposed Carsland became official. Create a desert themed area in the Timon lot that would be the new Condor Flats. The new Condor Flats would feature two sub-sections, a Ghost Town and California Mission as well as the air base. The airstrip area would feature a new Soarin' with one more theater to help capacity once DCA becomes more popular, a Rocketeer coaster, and maybe a new version of Alien Encounter in a secret government bunker. The Ghost Town area would feature Western River Expedition, a Zorro stunt show, and a new incarnation of the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland that would travel above, around, and through the caves of the WRE show building.

Of course, these plans and ideas don't really work with the Carsland idea unless they were to just scale down the scope and have the Radiator Springs Racers be one select new attraction in the new Condor Flats area.

• Old Member

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    maybe a new version of Alien Encounter in a secret government bunker

Area 51's in Nevada, not california

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    So, it's already being expanded by taking out Condor Flats, but that just means that they're re-theming it by adding trees and painting Soarin' differently. Although I think it's a good idea and should happen, why stop there? IMO, they should move,thats right MOVE Soarin' to the new Carsland expansion and re-theme Cars land to being a new Condor Flats (just a lot bigger). And since DCA is trying to be more Walt-ish why not use that space from the soarin' space to put in "Mineral King" inspired shops and a country bears show . For those of you unfamiliar with this, "Mineral King" was a resort that was designed by Disney (during Walt's time) for Northern California that never got built because of a series of legal tangles, One of the attractions proposed for this resort was The Country Bears, in fact that was how it was made. I can't find any pictures of the resort so you'll have to search on you're own I know! it's irrelivent(sp)lol and will never happen but overall i'd like to know what you think of the mineral King idea

All this trouble of moving and shaking just to put in Country Bears and shops? I'm not on board.

I rather they take the time to revamp Grizzly Peak itself to be able to house some attractions within the mountain. For those of you who don't know, the raft ride does not take up any space IN the mountain. It's on top and alongside of it.

What's inside grizzly peak? DIRT. It's completely filled up. This massive mountain and nothing inside. Splash has something inside. Space has something inside. Matterhorn has something inside. Grizzly -- Now THAT'S a waste of space that should be remedied. Moving Soarin to a land already 100% confirmed to be Cars would be a somewhat backwards step.

• Master of Suspense

Quote Originally Posted by Weekly-Visitor View Post
    Where do you think they put areas 1 thru 50?

"To Serve Man... it's a cookbook!!!"

Ever heard of the dyslexic man who sold his soul to Santa?

• Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Im sure this has already been suggested somewhere along the line, but going off piano mans' idea, why not a mineral king ski resort land (dont ask me where this will fit though). A ski village with shops and restaurants and of course the country bears like Walt had invisioned. Add to that three different rollercoaster type rides that all go down the frontside of a mountain themed to the tahoe area. Imagine getting on a different ski lift type transportation up to the loading area for the rollercoasters on top (each individual lift will be loaded with a cars worth of people, or section of a train so that when they get to the top they can easily be loaded into the trains). There could be a green, blue, and black diamond lift each with a different way down, kiddy/family, family, and extreme. These rides will provide a great berm and an amazing backdrop for the ski village...

Thoughts?

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Trolley View Post
    But what does Soarin have to do with Cars? It wouldn't fit in.
    the idea is that the new "carsland" would become the new Condor Flats, They're both(RSR and SOC) about transportation vehicles and although im not sure if Condor flats could make sense as a name for the cars attraction the point is that they're both in a desert setting. It would IMHO fix the problem of Carsland being only about the movie rather than California, while also expanding one of the more successful areas of the park.

• Fancy that...

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    All this trouble of moving and shaking just to put in Country Bears and shops? I'm not on board.
    what is Condor flats right now? a shop. Soarin. a resteraunt. and they're re-theming it already so I just wanted to take it a step further. yes it's too much money to spend probaly but it's just an idea

I rather they take the time to revamp Grizzly Peak itself to be able to house some attractions within the mountain. For those of you who don't know, the raft ride does not take up any space IN the mountain. It's on top and alongside of it.
    I didn't say I was opposed to that

What's inside grizzly peak? DIRT. It's completely filled up. This massive mountain and nothing inside. Splash has something inside. Space has something inside. Matterhorn has something inside. Grizzly -- Now THAT'S a waste of space that should be remedied. Moving Soarin to a land already 100% confirmed to be Cars would be a somewhat backwards step.
    I see what you mean, I know it's odd to move everything around, I didn't realy complete the idea though.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by spastic View Post
    Im sure this has already been suggested somewhere along the line, but going off piano mans' idea, why not a mineral king ski resort land (dont ask me where this will fit though). A ski village with shops and restaurants and of course the country bears like Walt had invisioned. Add to that three different rollercoaster type rides that all go down the frontside of a mountain themed to the tahoe area. Imagine getting on a different ski lift type transportation up to the loading area for the rollercoasters on top (each individual lift will be loaded with a cars worth of people, or section of a train so that when they get to the top they can easily be loaded into the trains). There could be a green, blue, and black diamond lift each with a different way down, kiddy/family, family, and extreme. These rides will provide a great berm and an amazing backdrop for the ski village...

Thoughts?

You mean kinda like this?

Ok maybe not so much like that. But sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by Weekly-Visitor View Post
    Who said anything about Area 51? I am just talking about a secret govt bunker in an airfield.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Who said anything about Area 51? I am just talking about a secret govt bunker in an airfield.

Wouldn't Disney have to deny its existence?
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast