Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Monsters inc: 40 anamatronics?

this was takedn from the mouseinfo.com boards:

Picked up this tidbit of info reading a trip report from the 50th weekend and the special packages/seminars.

27 year veteran Imagineer Kevin Rafferty stated in his seminar "there are 40 animatronic figures on Monsters Inc."

Boy would that be sweet if there were that many. I hope this is true.

• Minion

Re: Monsters inc: 40 anamatronics?

You have to wonder what consitutes an animatronic. For example, a monster turning in circles could be consider one right?

If they're POTC quality, then that's tight!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Oh, wow!

Nah, I think an animatronic means a decent amount of lifelike movements.

I hope it's true. Maybe there is some hope for DCA.

A really positive sign is that the animatronics in the parade floats are really good. Ursula, Simba, and the clock (can't remember the name of the character) all look very good. The motion on these figures is very smooth and life like. If Monsters has 40 of these kind of quality animatronics, it will be amazing.

It's only 6 months or so away from opening, too.

• ...or just Tonny

Oh this is interesting.

I've always foud it funny how the "bad" Disney parks have hardly or no animatronics whatsoever, as if there's a connection. The WDS doesn't have a single one, and DCA...only in the past in Superstar Limo? Oh wait, Muppets has animatronics as does Bugs...still not a lot though
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=SuperDisneyDad]Ursula, Simba, and the clock (can't remember the name of the character) all look very good. QUOTE]

If you mean the clock from Beauty and the beast, his name is Cogsworth.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

The AA's in Monsters are more on the fiberglass / limited movement style like the Zurg figure in Astro Blasters and some of the Pooh Characters. However, 40 is nearly DOUBLE the number of figures in the Pooh ride, so that's good to hear.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    The AA's in Monsters are more on the fiberglass / limited movement style like the Zurg figure in Astro Blasters and some of the Pooh Characters. However, 40 is nearly DOUBLE the number of figures in the Pooh ride, so that's good to hear.

and you know this how?

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Nephythys - even though your tone was a little obnoxious, I'll answer your question. I was in the same seminar as DCADude (the one with Imagineer Kevin Rafferty). Kevin referred to Monsters as a "c-ticket" attraction and showed the art from the ride. Kevin mentioned that the number of figures was nearly double that of the Pooh ride. It's also important to note Kevin referred to them "figures" not AA's.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

I have actually heard something similar to this. Looking at the concept art alone shows this pretty nicely. It looks live a lot of the animatronics will be rather nice, like the ones (I can't remember their names since I haven't seen the movie in awhile) of those guys that clean up contamination from humans. Should be a stellar ride. I only wish they had been able to develop the new ride system for this ride that Al talked about. Then this would have been the Peter Pan's Flight of the 21st century, and we all know how popular that is after 50 years. The statues that "twitch", as I say, don't count as animatronics. Animatronics must have some true motion, like an arm movement and the like.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

[QUOTE= It looks live a lot of the animatronics will be rather nice, like the ones (I can't remember their names since I haven't seen the movie in awhile) .[/QUOTE]

I think youre talking about the CDA ( I think thats right) but anyway yeah that set looks like it will be very cool and chaotic. Im sure in that there theyll have anamatronics of monsters getting interviewed for the news and stuff ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by DCADude
    I think youre talking about the CDA ( I think thats right) but anyway yeah that set looks like it will be very cool and chaotic. Im sure in that there theyll have anamatronics of monsters getting interviewed for the news and stuff ya know.
    CDA...do I sense a name change for the park? Make it "California's Disney Adventure" and it would all make sense!

I'm actually really excited for this ride...a strong animatronics ride and the tv screens in the cars will use the Turtle Talk technology to be interactive...every ride will be different! A very nice, strong D-ticket!
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Smile Re: Monsters inc: 40 anamatronics?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDisneyDad
    A really positive sign is that the animatronics in the parade floats are really good. Ursula, Simba, and the clock (can't remember the name of the character) all look very good. The motion on these figures is very smooth and life like. If Monsters has 40 of these kind of quality animatronics, it will be amazing.

It's only 6 months or so away from opening, too.
    This is indeed a very good sign that Monsters, Inc. is not going to be another cheesy ride, built on the cheap. Let's hope that a good number of the figures are full-motion animatronic characters of the quality Disney is famous for at DL, WDW and TDR.

Also, I think a Little Mermaid ride is destined for Paradise Pier at some point in the future. According to rumor, guests would travel in shell vehicles that hang from a rail, i.e. an updated Peter Pan ride system. This ride should take place in a dry to wet environment as well. Disneylanders will have their first experience with this type of an environment when the Nemo Subs open.

• Banned User

They didn't spend enough time on the attraction, it just sounds like something to fill the space until they can come up with a new attraction that will be in a higher budget.

I believe this is well-budgetted, and timing can be deceiving. SSL was likely already cleared out by the time construction started, they already have the track and cars, and the animatronics may have already been produced, making this largely a "lock and load" project. No need for much modification.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast