pirates question

It,s been a year since I went to DLR for my one and only time, so I can't remember the intimate details. But I was watching POTC at worlds end last night and Barbossa says at one point "it be to late to be turning back now mateys". I'm sure its on the ride but I can't remember at which point in the ride it is said. Can any one remind me please?

P.S. looking at cloudy picture's from Disneyland, even if it's cloudy, is better than -30 degree's Iinnothern Alberta Canada

• Magic Making

Re: pirates question

Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    It,s been a year since I went to DLR for my one and only time, so I can't remember the intimate details. But I was watching POTC at worlds end last night and Barbossa says at one point "it be to late to be turning back now mateys". I'm sure its on the ride but I can't remember at which point in the ride it is said. Can any one remind me please?

P.S. looking at cloudy picture's from Disneyland, even if it's cloudy, is better than -30 degree's Iinnothern Alberta Canada
    The talking skull right before the first drop after the bayou scene, says something similar

"It be too late to alter course matey's"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Those must be old pictures. It is bright and sunny today. Although the weather reports are saying it is supposed to be rainy off an on all next week.

Thanks for the answer! We were there at the beginning of Dec last year, and luckily had great weather! We had a great time!

• I'm not really here

Glad you had a great time =D. Barbosa had all the best lines in At World's End.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

You are so right, Barbossa really had some great lines. He also sounded more "piratey" than everyone else seemed to! Love all 3 of the Pirates movies!

• Just one of those days

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    The talking skull right before the first drop after the bayou scene, says something similar

"It be too late to alter course matey's"
    No, I think it's the holographic waterfall. U know...with Barbossa's face on it?

• I'm not really here

The holographic waterfall is actually Davey Jones' face. His lines are something like "Dead men tell no tales says you? Dead men DO tell tales says I" and he laughs and fades out as you pass through.

The skull on the arch before the first drop says the following lines:
    "Psst! Avast there! It be too late to alter course, mateys. And there be plundering pirates lurkin' in ev'ry cove, waitin' to board. Sit closer together and keep you ruddy hands in board. That be the best way to repel boarders. And mark well me words, mateys: Dead men tell no tales! Ye come seekin' adventure with salty old pirates, eh? Sure you've come to the proper place. But keep a weather eye open mates, and hold on tight. With both hands, if you please. Thar be squalls ahead, and Davy Jones waiting for them what don't obey."

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

You are so right, Barbossa really had some great lines. He also sounded more "piratey" than everyone else seemed to! Love all 3 of the Pirates movies!
    Not to mention he was the one who wed Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann. But back on topic, yeah, the skull just before the first drop says that line.

yeah it was cool when Barbossa wed Will and Elizabeth, even though Barbossa didn't like their timing. Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    The holographic waterfall is actually Davey Jones' face. His lines are something like "Dead men tell no tales says you? Dead men DO tell tales says I" and he laughs and fades out as you pass through.

The skull on the arch before the first drop says the following lines:
    "Psst! Avast there! It be too late to alter course, mateys. And there be plundering pirates lurkin' in ev'ry cove, waitin' to board. Sit closer together and keep you ruddy hands in board. That be the best way to repel boarders. And mark well me words, mateys: Dead men tell no tales! Ye come seekin' adventure with salty old pirates, eh? Sure you've come to the proper place. But keep a weather eye open mates, and hold on tight. With both hands, if you please. Thar be squalls ahead, and Davy Jones waiting for them what don't obey."
    Wow, you have a great memory of the ride! Does the skull on the arch say all of that stuff each time you ride? I don't really recall the whole speech. Thanks

• potterday.org

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    The holographic waterfall is actually Davey Jones' face. His lines are something like "Dead men tell no tales says you? Dead men DO tell tales says I" and he laughs and fades out as you pass through.[/I]
    If memory serves correctly he rotates through these sayings:

"If ye be brave or fool enough to face a pirate's curse, proceed."

[Ghostly voice: Dead men tell no tales...]

"Ha ha ha ha. Ah, but they do tell tales. So says I, Davy Jones."

[Dead men tell no tales...]

"Aye, tales there be a plenty in this cursed place."
    Last edited by Zoe Necrosis; 12-15-2007 at 02:21 PM.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org