Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1

    • I'm Theme Park Happy!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,565

    Talking What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    Regarding Cast Members, Family Members, Friends, Fellow Mice Chatters, Kids, Teenagers, Strangers, Face Characters, Pluto, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, etc...

    I remember a complete stranger offering to help me to my table with way too much table food orders to handle on my own. Simple as that, a complete stranger [probably happy beyond belief because of Disneyland] helped me get m food to my table so I can sit down with my family/friends to enjoy a meal at Disneyland.

    Your turn.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com



  2. #2

    • i need Disneyland!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    300

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    Went with my bf to Disneyland. We realllly wanted to ride Peter Pan that day but the lines were full as usual. Decided to come back later that night and saw that the lines were still long. But a really kind CM greeted us and asked us if we wanted to get on Peter Pan. She led us to the exit of Peter Pan and we got to cut in front of everyone else!!! (perhaps it was just a "happy anniversary" perk??)
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney


    I thought I was holding it correctly.



  3. #3

    • Squaw NO gettum firewood!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,069

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    I have one AS a castmember! I was hosting a family that were not having a very good day. They thought I was there to get them onto all the rides without waiting in line, so needless to say they weren't very happy they'd paid for me after a few hours. Well, I convinced them that instead of running to get ANOTHER fastpass for Buzz Lightyear, we should stop and watch Merlin do his thing (since we were getting off Peter Pan). Well, I don't know if my look of desperation showed or what, but Merlin picked the youngest of my kids and he had a blast! It completely turned around our day because the family assumed I had arranged the whole thing and maybe I WASN'T really useless. Of course, the kid went on to show his "honorary ruler of the realm" certificate to everyone in lines the rest of the day and ask if it meant he could skip the lines, but at least I didn't get the contempt from the parents anymore.

    I will forever be grateful to Merlin, for saving my life that day.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney


  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Carmichael, California, United States
    Posts
    748

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    I have already told this story--but its deserves to be told again and again.
    When my daughter was about 5 we took her on her 2 or 3rd trip to Disneyland. She was just old enough to start to figure out that some of the "magic" wasn't really magic. We were having an okay day, until we met Mary Poppins on Main Street. If I didn't know better I would have thought that she WAS Mary Poppins. She spent a good five minutes talking to Emily and asking her questions about being good in school and making everyday fun. She didn't rush to get to the next kid and she never broke character for one second. It made me fall in love with DL all over again-- as a parent and a believer in MAGIC.


    OHhh and on my last trip while waiting for Tiki, a CM asked me why I didn't have Dole whip. I've never had a Dole Whip. He double dogged dared me and omg! Love them. They are now a reason alone to go DL.

  5. #5

    • Laughing Last..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Cali
    Posts
    697

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    Amazingly enough, this one has nothing to do with CMs. Went to DL last Monday and had lunch at Red Rocket's. My family had already went to find a seat and left me to pay for and carry the tray of food. Walking to the table, a small (5-6) kid ran right into me and caused me to drop two sodas. He was just running around at top speed, must have been a Disney sugar high. Needless to say, I was fuming and wanted blood at this point. I took the remainder of the tray to the table and took the cups back to get them refilled. The cast members aren't complete scrooges. This kids mom pulled him right up to me, by his ear (made my day), and had him apologize for his actions. She offered to pay for more drinks if that was necessary. I guess she had been watching him and lost control, he bolted, and ran into me. She was furious with him, but very, very apologetic to me. Just made my day better knowing that some parents still take responsibility for their kids and their actions.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

    CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

    Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    I have one AS a castmember! I was hosting a family that were not having a very good day. They thought I was there to get them onto all the rides without waiting in line, so needless to say they weren't very happy they'd paid for me after a few hours. Well, I convinced them that instead of running to get ANOTHER fastpass for Buzz Lightyear, we should stop and watch Merlin do his thing (since we were getting off Peter Pan). Well, I don't know if my look of desperation showed or what, but Merlin picked the youngest of my kids and he had a blast! It completely turned around our day because the family assumed I had arranged the whole thing and maybe I WASN'T really useless. Of course, the kid went on to show his "honorary ruler of the realm" certificate to everyone in lines the rest of the day and ask if it meant he could skip the lines, but at least I didn't get the contempt from the parents anymore.

    I will forever be grateful to Merlin, for saving my life that day.
    That's what happens when you don't wear your "I will not get you to the head of the line" sign


  7. #7

    • Just one of those days
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    142

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    This is going to sound weird, but once when I was walking down Main Street early in the morning, a security guard high-fived me, and it totally made my day! I guess it was so special because it made me realize that DL is the only place where you can high-five a security guard.

  8. #8

    • BATTLE COMBINER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Washington STATE.
    Posts
    526

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    My brother and sister and family made hilarious jokes that brightened me up.

  9. #9

    • i want some kisses!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    293

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    ok so when i was there earlier this month, i started to get curious about the pin trading. i have always bought pins but never had the courage to trade them. as i was walking by the dvc stand at the dlh i noticed that the cast member there had one of the older dream pins with tinkerbell on it. i stoped dead in my tracks and looked a him. he smiled and noticed i was looking at his laynard. he then offered to trade. i told him that i had never traded before but really wanted that pin. i was very excited and asked if he would stay there for me so i could go buy a pin to trade. he then said he has an answer to my problem and he gave me a new set of dream pins! i was so excited. i squealed and jumped and asked if i could give him a hug. he said yes and i gave him a huge hug while bouncing the whole time. i then traded for the older pin with one of my new pins and was ecstatic! he absoulutely made my trip wonderful! he also drew me into the all consuming world of pin trading of which i am now adicited to. he has given me a happy memory that i will never forget and will always make me smile and remember that there is always kindness in the world. even if you have to go all the way to disneyland to find it.

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    Quote Originally Posted by laurabeth909 View Post
    ok so when i was there earlier this month, i started to get curious about the pin trading. i have always bought pins but never had the courage to trade them. as i was walking by the dvc stand at the dlh i noticed that the cast member there had one of the older dream pins with tinkerbell on it. i stoped dead in my tracks and looked a him. he smiled and noticed i was looking at his laynard. he then offered to trade. i told him that i had never traded before but really wanted that pin. i was very excited and asked if he would stay there for me so i could go buy a pin to trade. he then said he has an answer to my problem and he gave me a new set of dream pins! i was so excited. i squealed and jumped and asked if i could give him a hug. he said yes and i gave him a huge hug while bouncing the whole time. i then traded for the older pin with one of my new pins and was ecstatic! he absoulutely made my trip wonderful! he also drew me into the all consuming world of pin trading of which i am now adicited to. he has given me a happy memory that i will never forget and will always make me smile and remember that there is always kindness in the world. even if you have to go all the way to disneyland to find it.
    Old strategy.

    Give them their first fix for free and hook 'em for life.

  11. #11

    • Queen Elsa
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    6,620

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    I think for me it was when the time I when to Ariel's Grotto like I also do on 7-15-06 I had got some pictures with the Princess as usely. But then I when back to there on 12-3-06 and did the samething and when Snow White came to my table and saw me she said to me I remember you from a couble months ago. It really got to me that out of all the people she meets every day that she remember me from then. And now days every time I go back to Ariel's for lunch Snow White remembers me and my name that we have become good friends. Here's all the photos with her and me together.

    7-15-06


    12-3-06


    1-20-07


    3-31-07


    may look the same picture but look at the girl in the back on my side u will see her with food in her mouth and the other not.






    5-26-07


    8-4-07


    11-18-07

  12. #12

    • i want some kisses!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    phoenix, az
    Posts
    293

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Old strategy.

    Give them their first fix for free and hook 'em for life.
    too funny! but oh so true!

  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    Last week we were at DL with my son and his girlfriend. She'd been to DL, but, not for many years. We saw many things with her, for her first time, and to see her lighting up, or laughing at Billy Hill, or watching her expression during rides she'd not been on, was such a joy! I've not been at DL with "new" eyes for a long, long time. It made the trip so magical!

  14. #14

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,922

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    But then I when back to there on 12-3-06 and did the samething and when Snow White came to my table and saw me she said to me I remember you from a couble months ago. It really got to me that out of all the people she meets every day that she remember me from then. And now days every time I go back to Ariel's for lunch Snow White remembers me and my name that we have become good friends. Here's all the photos with her and me together.
    I love your story, Capt Hook!!! I love that she remembers you and now you are friends. Very sweet!

  15. #15

    • Former Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lake Forest
    Posts
    202

    Re: What Has Anyone Done To Make Your Disneyland Experience Just That Much Better

    Quote Originally Posted by FREQDUDE View Post
    Amazingly enough, this one has nothing to do with CMs. Went to DL last Monday and had lunch at Red Rocket's. My family had already went to find a seat and left me to pay for and carry the tray of food. Walking to the table, a small (5-6) kid ran right into me and caused me to drop two sodas. He was just running around at top speed, must have been a Disney sugar high. Needless to say, I was fuming and wanted blood at this point. I took the remainder of the tray to the table and took the cups back to get them refilled. The cast members aren't complete scrooges. This kids mom pulled him right up to me, by his ear (made my day), and had him apologize for his actions. She offered to pay for more drinks if that was necessary. I guess she had been watching him and lost control, he bolted, and ran into me. She was furious with him, but very, very apologetic to me. Just made my day better knowing that some parents still take responsibility for their kids and their actions.
    Way to go Mom! I hope more parents follow her lead.

    Kids will do irresponsible things because they are kids and it can be excused to ignorance and innocence. Parents need to understand though that each moment is a teaching moment and depending on how they react to a moment such as this will determine if the kid learns to be responsible for their actions or a sue happy, blame everyone else for my actions adult.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] the strangest experience you ever had @ disneyland~
    By hurricanecolby ! in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 02:25 PM
  2. [Chat] Childhood experience of an attraction -- does it make a difference?
    By DisneyIPresume in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 02:56 AM
  3. First time in DisneyLand experience
    By DisneyDude2006 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 02:15 AM
  4. Bad Disneyland experience?
    By gibbage in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 05:46 PM
  5. best disneyland experience
    By PotCRoxMySox in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 08:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •