• Haunted Mansion Lover

Question The Park at Capacity

I have tried to search for this but it comes up with nothing conclusive so please don't get mad if this has already been asked:

Who do they let in when the park is at capacity?

If you go to DCA and get a hand stamp will they let you in to DLR?

The reason I ask is that we are driving from AZ on Christmas Eve and we have park hoppers (which we hope to upgrade to AP's) and if we get there and the "Disneyland is Full" sign is up, what should we do?

Thanks!
    Foolish Mortal

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: The Park at Capacity

From what I have been told, they only let in APers, or any people that pay. I think as long as you have your ticket and a handstamp, you are o k.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I believe it is in stages, and Darkbeer and others have a few posts which outline how it works. I'm not sure where these posts are at the moment. From what I recall, if you have already paid and have a DISNEYLAND hand stamp, they will let you back in. They begin by cutting off ticket sales to NEW arriving guests when the park hits a certain population level as determined by the fire marshall. The second step is to stop accepting people without a hand stamp...until enough guests LEAVE the park, and the final step is to not allow ANYONE back in.

Be sure to get there early (before noon if possible) and get your hand stamped at DISNEYLAND first. You can then park hop, but by mid to late afternoon, you might want to switch back to Disneyland just to be sure you are in the park in case they reach capacity.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    I have tried to search for this but it comes up with nothing conclusive so please don't get mad if this has already been asked:

Who do they let in when the park is at capacity?

The reason I ask is that we are driving from AZ on Christmas Eve and we have park hoppers (which we hope to upgrade to AP's) and if we get there and the "Disneyland is Full" sign is up, what should we do?

Thanks!
    Get there as early as possible. At some point they will shut down to only reentry. At that point you will have to have a DISNEYLAND handstamp. They figured out the "Go to DCA and then Disneyland" bypass. It doesn't work now.

There are levels of closings. First, they stop selling 1 day and block out tickets. Then they stop selling all but APs. They then stop allowing new media entries and only allow reentry. Finally is turnstile closings. If they are at a turnstile closing, no one (except Club 33 members - not guests) gets in until the capacity lowers.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Do they compensate for anything?? if you have paid to get in to Disneyland-Stay a few hours- get a handstamp- and then when you try to re-enter- its at capacity and you can't get back in...
    We'll be there 1 day only... and I'll be so bummed if we can't get back in after leaving.. even if it is just to go to DCA for a few shows.

Maybe I should stay in Disneyland all day and save DCA for next time.

• See Ya Real Soon!

You have been warned DON'T LEAVE once you enter.

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    You have been warned DON'T LEAVE once you enter.
    Well management would prefer that you do not leave until you have no money left. Then you may leave as soon as you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    Well management would prefer that you do not leave until you have no money left. Then you may leave as soon as you can.
    Sort of like Vegas!

I don't really want to be nitpicky, but...

Disneyland Park + Disney's California Adventure Park + Downtown Disney + Disneyland Hotel + Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel + Disney's Grand Californian Hotel = Disneyland Resort (DLR)

So if you've entered DCA, you're *already in* DLR

Personally, I think they should've avoided the whole Disneyland Park vs. Disneyland Resort mess the same way they handled it when Toyko DisneySea was built; Tokyo Disneyland Park became part of Tokyo Disney Resort, rather than Tokyo Disneyland Resort, although I suppose Disneyland Resort Paris set the precident in 1995 when it was renamed from Euro Disney Resort to Disneyland Paris before changing names again in 2002 to Disneyland Resort Paris with the opening of Walt Disney Studios Park.

• Laughing Last..

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Sort of like Vegas!

But at least with Vegas, you can, possibly, leave with more than you came with. Or they comp you something for the big money you lost there. So Disneyland is more like the IRS.
    LOS ANGELES
    ANGELS
    OF ANAHEIM
    WHAT A STUPID NAME

CALIFORNIA ANGELS FOREVER

Baseball is our religion
    The stadium our cathedral
    Beer and peanuts our sacrament

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by freesia View Post
    Do they compensate for anything?? if you have paid to get in to Disneyland-Stay a few hours- get a handstamp- and then when you try to re-enter- its at capacity and you can't get back in...
    We'll be there 1 day only... and I'll be so bummed if we can't get back in after leaving.. even if it is just to go to DCA for a few shows.

Maybe I should stay in Disneyland all day and save DCA for next time.
    No. Except for NYE, you should be able to reenter at some point. The way it usually happens is the park shuts down to new admits around 1pm, and if they go to a turnstile closure, its usually around 2. Once the first parade goes off, a lot of people leave, and the Fire Marshal reopens the park. Only on NYE are turnstile closures a real problem. Any other day, the turnstiles usually reopen about 4-5 and you can just hang out in DCA til then.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

So if we cannot make it there before noon and the park is at capacity should we stand in line to get into Disneyland park or should we just go to DCA?
    Foolish Mortal

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

So if we cannot make it there before noon and the park is at capacity should we stand in line to get into Disneyland park or should we just go to DCA?
    If Disneyland is still open when you get there, start there and get a hand stamp. If they are no longer selling one day passes, go to DCA and have a great time. I think your chances might be better than you think since the 24th is blocked out by all but premium ap holders.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    If Disneyland is still open when you get there, start there and get a hand stamp. If they are no longer selling one day passes, go to DCA and have a great time. I think your chances might be better than you think since the 24th is blocked out by all but premium ap holders.
    I thought that as well but I've heard the park is very crowded so I wanted to have a what if plan.

Thanks for all of the advice everyone!!!!!
    Foolish Mortal