Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Nightmare Before Christmas land

Whenever someone has an idea for a new land at Disneyland, I usually point east and say "do it in Walt Disney World".

I think this is something that would be great in Disney's Hollywood Studios. But like many of you have said, I don't know if there's enough juice to make it an entire land. I would love to see the architecture and all that... it would be a twisted version of toon town. But what possibilities would there be for attractions?

I'll try and think of a few:

1. Main NBX attraction dark ride that retells the story in glorious animatronic fashion. Guests board their own sinister sleigh vehicle and see the world through Jack's eyes. But I envision this to be a grander Peter Pan style ride where guests are actually suspended by air. The opening scene of the ride could be similar to Alice in Wonderland fall into the rabbit hole. With the NBX attraction, it could be us in the human world falling into Halloween town (the set would show the other seasons that we didn't go through). The finale of the attraction would recreate the journey of Jack playing Santa... and we're up in the air for the ride as well until we come back to see him save Christmas.

2. Snow Mobile through Christmas Town. Since the main dark ride would only cover a small portion of Christmas Town, it would be fun to board Jack's snowmobile and see the wonders of the North Pole. All the lights, elves making toys, etc etc. It could be a fun little dark ride.

3. Bathtub ride featuring Oogie?

Yah see, I'm already running out of ride concepts.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    thanks and agreed that it is a bit narrow, i'd at least stand by on my Tub ride idea. Is there the same problem with the little mermaid thing in TDS?
    Never been to TDS, so I have no first hand knowledge. I do know that it would be a significant change for the structure of DL; but possibly not an unwelcome or unprofitable one..

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    As much as I love NBC, it has enough representation in the Park. Surprisingly a lot, really, when you consider Disney gems such as Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, the Little Mermaid, the Lion King, the Jungle Book, 101 Dalmations and many others have no representation in a permanent form.

Additionally, I agree with the majority that it seems thematically constrictive to base an entire land on a single material source (regardless of how great that source might be). A land should strive to have greater appeal to a wide sampling of Guests--this NBC theme appears too narrow IMO.

Cool posting, though--and creative ideas. 'A' for effort, certainly.
    What if they put it where Splash and Pooh are now and the new land made it impossible to ever run Fantasmic! ever again?
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Fancy that...

I think i'll edit the original post to say that it would be in a new park...

• Minion

its to dark for disneyland and it doesnt really fit well in any land. but an attraction would be cool. they could scoop out monsters and put one in there!

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by patattack View Post
    its to dark for disneyland and it doesnt really fit well in any land. but an attraction would be cool. they could scoop out monsters and put one in there!
    too dark? they have the Haunted Mansion don't they? and even that is changed over to the HMH each year... either way I wasn't talking about putting it in DL but I guess it wasn't very clear, sorry

nah, I have other plans for that area thanks though

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    What if they put it where Splash and Pooh are now and the new land made it impossible to ever run Fantasmic! ever again?
    Then I'd work (and possibly live) there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12