Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Fancy that...

Nightmare Before Christmas land

well I'd actualy call it Halloween Town but yeah.. I already posted this exact thing on another thread but nobody realy commented on it and I also already posted a thread on this subject but now iv'e thought of some ideas for Halloween town It would be in a third gate in DLR... more about that later

The entrance is like the woods from Nightmare Before Christmas.

Upon entering Halloween Town you find that it is indoors(like the little mermaid land in TDS) This is done in order to achieve full immersiveness(so it's always nightime). It looks very much like the movie and everything is done in that scetchy style(even the pavement)

some of the attractions are a musical AA show in Town hall

many walk threws and character greetings, well themed shops, possibly a parade like the one at the beggining of the movie, and the biggest attraction is an enhanced motion ride similar to Indiana Jones, you approach the treehouse from the movie

and the line wraps around the treehouse until you get to the "indoor" section were you board a bathtub like the one from the movie

as you start to move your tub's enhanced motion makes it feel like your tub is actually walking. your tub heads down threw the tree house and you see the Trick or treaters who are plotting against you to feed you to oogie boogie.

They look over at you and say "HEY YOU!" your tub runs away and you end up in a trap that they set up that heads you down the slide that takes you to oogies lair.

your tub bumps down the slide until you arrive in oogie's lair. an oogie boogie AA apears out of a dark corner and your tub stops. Oogie says" Iv'e been waiting for my lunch!" or something and he walks over to you but your tub retaliates and as you come away from oogie he say's "you can't escape!"

you then go threw various obstacles like the shooter guys and different traps.

(this one would be like the spears from Indy)

eventually you come back to the main lair and oogie is about to walk over to you but you hear Jack Skellington's voice and he appears somewere and somehow foils Oogies plan. So you end up back at the loading station

so this land/attraction would go in a new park in DLR wich's focus would be to transfer you to different worlds/universes (yeah that's the main focus of DL but this would be a bit more strict on theme)This new park would have just about as many lands as TDS and this particular land would be like the mermaid lagoon... it may be a thin theme to spread(especialy on one movie) but it would be small..just like mermaid lagoon

- tell me if you like it..
    Last edited by pianoman13; 12-17-2007 at 10:28 PM.

• Fancy that...

Re: Nightmare Before Christmas land

^I edited as of Dec. 17th...
    Last edited by pianoman13; 12-17-2007 at 10:29 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Don't see Nightmare as a strong enough theme for a whole land,
    but I could see a Nightmare attraction in a land based on Villains.

• BATTLE COMBINER!

I can see this in the new park thats coming out, which is supposedly Villains / Heroes.

Also: Post here.

• Fancy that...

^ ok , yes, it would be in a new park. but not in a park about villians or heroes,

the new Park would be about taking you to different universes because Walt Disney once said that he didn't want people to feel like you were in the world that they live in while at Disneyland, this park would be like taking that to another level. as in not even being about the real world. some land conceps would be Halloween town(or holidayland) another would be Narnia, a jules verne inspired land, a different planet land. things like that ...

• ~Mambo Italiano~

I think this whole idea of a Nightmare Land should be a ride because the concept isn't strong enough to be a land...

• Just one of those days

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
    I think this whole idea of a Nightmare Land should be a ride because the concept isn't strong enough to be a land...
    Yeah, and either you hate that movie or you love it. It's about 50/50, I'd say, according to how people respond to the holiday themed Haunted Mansion. Plus, it's seasonal.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Trolley View Post
    Yeah, and either you hate that movie or you love it. It's about 50/50, I'd say, according to how people respond to the holiday themed Haunted Mansion. Plus, it's seasonal.
    not that I don't understand why but the HMH actualy gets more attendance than the Haunted Mansion gets. sure it's seasonal and tht just means that it happens to be different and that's why it's popular but if this was to happen we could get the normal Haunted Mansion back for all year! I don't understand why people HATE NBC but it could be the same reason the people (like me) dislike High School Musical. My point is that if this happened we could get our mansion back and still have a NBC option on the side all the time. I also feel that the NBC merch could be VERY profitable for Disney

• Mickey is not my Brother

If additional themes could fit in then sure why not

• Fancy that...

^^^ keep in mind that this would be in a park with a lot of lands and this would just be a small land around the size of toon Town or the Little Mermaid area in TDS

• Fancy that...

everyone wants a villians land so what do you guys think of my ride idea at least?

• ...lurks...

I like it, however - dunno where they'd stick it. I'd love to see them get rid of pooh, if the did it. That ride, in my opinion....is uninspired.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

As much as I love NBC, it has enough representation in the Park. Surprisingly a lot, really, when you consider Disney gems such as Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, the Little Mermaid, the Lion King, the Jungle Book, 101 Dalmations and many others have no representation in a permanent form.

Additionally, I agree with the majority that it seems thematically constrictive to base an entire land on a single material source (regardless of how great that source might be). A land should strive to have greater appeal to a wide sampling of Guests--this NBC theme appears too narrow IMO.

Cool posting, though--and creative ideas. 'A' for effort, certainly.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I have never thought it a good idea to base a whole "land" (even a smaller Toontown or Bugsland size) on one film. I have some trepidation with "Carsland for this same reason. One film can support one, maybe two attractions, but not a whole land. Expand "Nightmareland" to include "nightmares" from other films and have Skellington and crew be the main place holders and it might work.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    As much as I love NBC, it has enough representation in the Park. Surprisingly a lot, really, when you consider Disney gems such as Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, the Little Mermaid, the Lion King, the Jungle Book, 101 Dalmations and many others have no representation in a permanent form.

Additionally, I agree with the majority that it seems thematically constrictive to base an entire land on a single material source (regardless of how great that source might be). A land should strive to have greater appeal to a wide sampling of Guests--this NBC theme appears too narrow IMO.

Cool posting, though--and creative ideas. 'A' for effort, certainly.
    thanks and agreed that it is a bit narrow, i'd at least stand by on my Tub ride idea. Is there the same problem with the little mermaid thing in TDS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast