A great ending...

So I went to Disneyland today, finally. I took my two daughters with me. They are Christina 12 and Sara 7 years old.

The morning didn't start off great. Church ended at 10:30 AM, and we were trying to get to Disneyland by 12:00 PM for the C.O.W. meet, but didn't get to the parking booth till 12:30 PM. And they sent us to the Simba Parking lot, which is the furthest parking they have, and it has no tram service. So we had to walk to the Disneyland Hotel, then through Downtown Disney to get to the front gates.

Once we got through the line to enter the park, it was 1:00 PM. We went to where the statue of Walt with Mickey is, and everyone was gone.

We decided to ride Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road, but it was down for repairs, so we went to the Haunted Mansion, and it was also closed for repairs. Next we jumped on the train that goes around the park, and got off at the Toon Town stop. We got in line for It's a Small World, it was a very long line, and the sign said 1 hour to get on the ride, so we changed our minds, got back on the next train and went to Main Street.

We decided to go to Disney's California Adventure and see if we had any better luck over there. We were getting hungry so we decided to eat at Taste Pilots Cafe, but before we ate, we got fastpasses for Soaring Over California. The fastpasses weren't good till 4:30 PM. After we ate, we went to ride Monster's Inc. But the darn ride was down for refurbishment.

O.K. this was getting frustrating. Now we go to Bug's Land, where we rode Heimlich's Chew Chew, Francis' Ladybug Boogie, Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies, and Flik's Flyers. Good, less frustrated.

Next we went to the Paradise Pier section, and rode the Jumpin' Jellyfish and Mulholland Madness. Now it was time to go ride Soaring over California.

So now it's dark outside, and we thought we'd try Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain again, so we make our way back over the Disneyland. To get to the Haunted Mansion faster, we went to take the train from Main Street. While we were waiting for the train to come by, I told my 12 year old to ask one of the conductors if we could ride on the Lilly Belle.

My 7 year old, who is not shy at all, asked a conductor named Jessica if she would let us ride on the Lilly Belle and Jessica was nice enough to say yes. She let the three of us on the Lilly Belle, and she rode with us. My daughters had a great time talking to Jessica and I was so excited that we finally had something go right. We told Jessica all the wonderful, special, things that we've done at Disneyland in the past, and she noticed that we didn't mention riding on the Tender Seat of the train. We didn't even know what that meant. The Tender is the section right behind the engine, it's where they carry their fuel and water.

Jessica asked the engineers if they were giving rides on the Tender Seat, and they said yes, but not till the next train. So we quickly ran over to City Hall, and we told Megan (aka rumrunner31) that Jessica helped save our day at Disneyland. We also told her all the bad luck we had today, and to make it up to us, she gave us 3 passes to bypass the lines at any ride.

We went back to the Rail Road station and waited for train #2. When it arrived we asked a conductor if we could ride on the Tender seat. We met the two engineers of the train, Al and Phil. As we were cruising around the park, Al and Phil explained to us how the train engine worked. They also pointed out three "hidden mickeys" in the Dinosaur Diorama. Very cool!

Now with our passes in our hands, we made our way to Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road, rode it, then went to the Haunted Mansion and rode that. We were out of time, but still had one more Pass for any ride, so we gave it to a family of four. They seemed quite appreciative of the pass, so I felt really good about giving it away.

Lastly we stopped at the store "World of Disney", bought some christmas ornaments and made the long walk back to our car. I got them home to their mother, who wasn't happy that it was 10:00 PM, but oh well, me and my girls had a great time!!!

So even though the first half of the day was pretty crappy, thanks to some wonderful CM's, Jessica, Megan, Al and Phil, the day ended with three very happy customers.

BTW, this was my first trip with the girls to DLR since my separation from their mother, so it was especially wonderful for me that they enjoyed it.

Re: A great ending...

Well that sounds like a lovely evening. Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

• Happiest Girl On Earth

That's a very nice story... One full of luck! ...In the end, anyway.

My parents just recently split up. I hope my dad does something like that with me, soon. Your girls are very lucky!

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePrincess1230 View Post
    That's a very nice story... One full of luck! ...In the end, anyway.

My parents just recently split up. I hope my dad does something like that with me, soon. Your girls are very lucky!
    Awww, thank you very much for saying so. Right now my wounds are so fresh that I need all the positive energy that I can get.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Awww... glad your day finally turned out ok!! I've been wondering where you've been! Glad to see you back on the boards again, and hope to see you around more once life settles down for you!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Ok, I got home and read this last night and cried! Of course I could have had no way of knowing what's going on in your life, and what I did for you guys was super easy - it's really special to think that I could be a part of making something so special for you! I've been going through a lot recently too and even thought about finding a new job, and I can't tell you how reading this has restored my faith in why I'm there. It was a pleasure meeting you! Your girls are very cute and well behaved. Bring them back sometime for honorary citizen buttons or something!
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great report. Jessica is the best, we adore her.

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    Ok, I got home and read this last night and cried! Of course I could have had no way of knowing what's going on in your life, and what I did for you guys was super easy - it's really special to think that I could be a part of making something so special for you! I've been going through a lot recently too and even thought about finding a new job, and I can't tell you how reading this has restored my faith in why I'm there. It was a pleasure meeting you! Your girls are very cute and well behaved. Bring them back sometime for honorary citizen buttons or something!
    Wow! I'm floored, seriously. This feels like one of those "it was meant to be" sort of things. Megan, I can't tell you enough how much you, Jessica, Al and Phil made our night special.

When we got home at 10:00 PM, I carried my sleeping seven year old into the house and placed her into her awaiting bed. Those are the kinds of little things that gives a father a heart warming feeling.

My daughters are sitting with me at this very moment and they were really touched by Megan's post. I can't wait to take them back to see you.

Lucio Cervantes

• Knight that says Nee!!

Excellent report! SO glad things worked out well in the end...way to make the magic happen Megan!

Say...uh...wear are those hidden Mickeys?

• Senior Minion

Good to read that you had a memorable trip even with all the crazy crowds in the park! I also want to know where those three hidden Mickey's are in the diorama ... that or I'll just have to take a ride on the tender too.

• "714"

right on! these are the stories i love to hear!!! Wonderful on the CM part!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• Haunted Mansion Lover

What a touching story. I love this site!!!!

Foolish Mortal

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I'm so happy that the day turned out to be so good for you and the girls! While I was reading your story, I felt so bad with all the closures, long lines, etc., but seeing it turn into such a special day made me .

And to those wonderful CM's who went that extra bit to make your day special....

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Glad to see that it all turned out nice!

You might want to consider when parking in Simba to take the monorail in. It depends on how crowded the monorail station is -- if it is too crowded it probably is quicker to walk it, but then you have to consider you have to go through security and the front gate too. I parked in Simba yesterday and took the monorail in -- if the crowd was packed waiting to get on I just would have exited and walked it. But I waited and got in very quickly.

Just a little advice for the next time!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Awww, what a great story! Thanks for posting it here. I'm glad you and your daughters had a wonderful time at DLR, especially due to the efforts of some terrific CMs. It's nice to hear of "magic" still happening at the parks.