Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Re: one day at Disneyland...what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    There is a service not related to Disney called "Ride Max" it is a computer based program that will organize the Attractions for you. I haven't tried it but I have heard really good things from a lot of people who have. It's $15, but if you only have one day it may be worth it.

As to my list, Jungle in day/night, Pirates, Mansion, Indy, Space, Matterhorn, and Thunder. would be primary... Buzz, Tiki, and Nemo being secondary... and the "classics" later in the evening when there is less of a line.
    I have used ridemax on fairly crowded days and found it to be pretty accurate on timing. It is amazing what you can do in a day when you let the software do the planning.

Quote Originally Posted by newbee View Post
    First and foremost, you'd be wise to choose UCLA over 'SC, just FYI. But I'm sure you'll be wise enough to figure that out for yourself when you go visiting.
    Have fun, and go Bruins!
    Thanks, I have read that UCLA has a great program for video engineers.[/quote]

If all you can do is get second best by all means go to the University for Children Lacking Aptitude, otherwise beg to get into The University for Smarter Children. .
    Last edited by mousechild; 12-18-2007 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• "I Break Things"

Not to get into the debate but

Comparing USC to UCLA is like comparing Sesame St to Barney, each has their own unique way of doing things but they can be equally annoying depending on which one you like.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• =)

If all you can do is get second best by all means go to the University for Children Lacking Apptidute, otherwise beg to get into The University for Smarter Children.
    [emphasis mine]

Yup, and if you beg really hard, said "University for Smarter Children" may even allow you into one of their prestigious spelling classes! These are very helpful for the elite they accept.

- Datameister, who happens to have PLENTY of apptidute.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    [emphasis mine]

Yup, and if you beg really hard, said "University for Smarter Children" may even allow you into one of their prestigious spelling classes! These are very helpful for the elite they accept.

- Datameister, who happens to have PLENTY of apptidute.
    Touche

Hey what do you want, the writers are on strike so I am ignoring my spell checker. As soon as I can find another low wage UCLA grad to hire I will, someone has to empty the trash around here.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

All you 'University of Spoiled Children' and 'University of Children Lacking Aptitude' people have some serious attitude problems, the both of you. Sibling rivalry, I tell ya...

Might want to go check the CSU system, including Cal State Fullerton (AKA "Cal State Disneyland" from the amount of CM's that go there.)

As for "The Park in one day" - my Don't Miss things would be Fantasmic and Fireworks from somewhere in the "greater Hub area" if the weather cooperates. Because sometimes the winds and weather don't cooperate, and you may get skunked the next three or four visits...

(You don't need to be right in front of the castle, anywhere with a halfway decent view of the Castle and a clear no-tree view of the skies over and just to the left of the Castle - draw a line between your position and ToonTown.)

Do "Billy Hill & the Hillbillies" at the Golden Horseshoe for lunch - the food is decent and the entertainment is superb. Just watch out for roving fiddle bows and Billy nostrils I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

If you get there while Christmas is still on, catch the projections at Small World on the quarter hour right after the clock finishes. That's video engineering...

--<< Bruce >>--

PS: Go "Moo U! " (L.A. Pierce College)
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    All you 'University of Spoiled Children' and 'University of Children Lacking Aptitude' people have some serious attitude problems, the both of you. Sibling rivalry, I tell ya...

Might want to go check the CSU system, including Cal State Fullerton (AKA "Cal State Disneyland" from the amount of CM's that go there.)

As for "The Park in one day" - my Don't Miss things would be Fantasmic and Fireworks from somewhere in the "greater Hub area" if the weather cooperates. Because sometimes the winds and weather don't cooperate, and you may get skunked the next three or four visits...

(You don't need to be right in front of the castle, anywhere with a halfway decent view of the Castle and a clear no-tree view of the skies over and just to the left of the Castle - draw a line between your position and ToonTown.)

Do "Billy Hill & the Hillbillies" at the Golden Horseshoe for lunch - the food is decent and the entertainment is superb. Just watch out for roving fiddle bows and Billy nostrils I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

If you get there while Christmas is still on, catch the projections at Small World on the quarter hour right after the clock finishes. That's video engineering...

--<< Bruce >>--

PS: Go "Moo U! " (L.A. Pierce College)
    If we are going serious now I will admit that CalArts is another fine program. (I will resist making a dig right here.)

• I love Disney

Go on all the classic disney rides and make sure you get a fast pass so you can go on more rides rather than sit in lines.
    Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/
    or listen to all are shows at http://www.coastineastpodcast.com/
    Remember to Sit Down, Strap In, and Coast On

• =)

What?! Sibling rivalry?! But he started it!!! X(

Kidding, kidding. You're absolutely right, and I actually do get really frustrated with serious animosity between the schools. A little joking is fine, if you ask me, but real and unfriendly rivalry just ain't cool. I'm the kind of guy who'd be a lot more excited about a Campus Crusade for Christ get-together with some Trojans than an anti-'SC rally, honestly.

Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread! It really was mostly my fault. Back on topic--my other suggestions still stand. Again, I really want to encourage Space Mountain and Indiana Jones. So fantastic. Big Thunder Mountain, the Haunted Mansion, and Pirates of the Caribbean are really important ones, too. It'd really be a pity to miss any one of these, though getting all worked up about it isn't a good idea.

Important idea: don't stress. It's not worth it to get really stressed and aggravated in the hopes of creating a "perfect" day. Invariably, something won't go according to plan, and the self-imposed desperation will actually worsen your experience. I've seen both sides of the fence on this issue, and I'm happy to say that the grass truly is greener on the low-stress side--if you'll excuse my rather mixed metaphor. It's okay to miss some stuff! As long as it's not Indy or Space, that is. But seriously, come back some other time if you missed something you really wanted to do. The wait will make things even more fun.

Wow, I've gotten some good advice - and good natured humor - about what college I should apply to for broadcast engineering. Also a ton of info on what to see at Disneyland. Thank you all!

Broadcast engineering

Thank you Datameister, mousechild, and bruce bergman for your input. I will plan on visiting all three colleges to explore their broadcast video engineering programs. Your perspectives are much appreciated.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Important idea: don't stress. It's not worth it to get really stressed and aggravated in the hopes of creating a "perfect" day. Invariably, something won't go according to plan, and the self-imposed desperation will actually worsen your experience.
    As the great Helmuth von Moltke said: "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy!" No matter how well you plan, something will not be perfect and the key is just taking it in stride and going with it. We recently took a friend to Disneyland who was used to saying: "I want to ride Space Mt. now!" And she would proceed to wait in a 2 hour line to ride it "NOW". We taught her the ways of wisdom. Fast Passes and flexibility. If you are on your way back to Splash Mountain and you notice that Haunted Mansion has a 5 minute wait, you drop everything and jump on Haunted Mansion (unless you already have). If you are only going to be there for a day, this should be used sparingly, but if there is a ride you really want to get on and you notice it's got no wait, you just do it. Our friend was amazed that we were able to get on every ride we wanted to, saw multiple shows, parades, fireworks, had time to eat leisurely and re-ride all the rides multiple times as well as shop more than is strictly healthy.

Rules:
    1. Don't stress
    2. Use your resources (Ride Max, Fast Pass)
    3. Be flexible

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12