Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Capping the AP....

Would you get an AP if the $150 SoCal AP was capped at 15 visits a year, if the $200 DAP was capped at 20 visits a year, and the $300 PAP was capped at 30 visits a year.

In short, is a visit to Disneyalnd worth $10 to you?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Capping the AP....

yes

yes, but the way, the APs are set up now, if you go enough, during the course of one year, the pass could be paid for. i prefer the way it is set up now.

i don't mind paying as much as i pay for a Premium

• insufferable know-it-all

If the AP is capped, it's no longer an AP, it's merely a discounted admission program.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• So!

I would

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    In short, is a visit to Disneyalnd worth $10 to you?
    Well, I don't go to Disneyland do ride all of the rides and experiences all of the experiences every visit. As a matter of fact, my PAP allows me to go to the park and ride one or two attractions, spend a lot of money on food and merch and call it a day. I wouldn't pay $10 for some of the trips I take.

If I was limited, I would probably spend less money but be more frantic about what I "experienced". Then, I'd experience burn out and DL would lose me as an AP.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    If the AP is capped, it's no longer an AP, it's merely a discounted admission program.
    It is still an annual pass. Annual pass simplly means it is good for one year from first use.

If you don't hit the cap (as most people won't), it expires in 1 year. Block out days would still apply, so it isn't a 15-20-30 day-hopper with 1-year expiration.

It is an annual pass with a cap on the number of visits allowed.

And, you didn't answer the question. Would you buy one?

• Hooterville, USA

Yep,no matter what.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Basking in birthday love

And what happens if you want to go more often? You have to buy blockout tickets, or regular gate passes? I go whenever I can manage, mainly because an AP makes it a practical option. Sure, I don't pay admission, but I pay good money for food and merchandise each time I go. If I had to pay extra ON TOP of the already significant expense of getting an AP in the first place, I wouldn't go, and the park would lose out on that revenue.

You pay extra, you get perks. The more you're willing to pay, the better your perks get. That's the way Disneyland has always been. If you put restrictions on the perks, people stop paying for them. There will always be an unrestricted AP, and Disneyland will always be nice to the people holding them, because per capita, PAPs are the ones pumping the most money into the park.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• insufferable know-it-all

Honestly? Probably not.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    Well, I don't go to Disneyland do ride all of the rides and experiences all of the experiences every visit. As a matter of fact, my PAP allows me to go to the park and ride one or two attractions, spend a lot of money on food and merch and call it a day. I wouldn't pay $10 for some of the trips I take.

If I was limited, I would probably spend less money but be more frantic about what I "experienced". Then, I'd experience burn out and DL would lose me as an AP.
    30 trips a year..... Twice a month, with an extra 6 visists tossed in for good measure. That wouldn't be enough to just drop in for a couple hours on some of the trips.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Certanly not for a "Premium" AP, because the whole point of the Premium AP is its unlimited use (and discounts). I agree with Morrigoon, such a program would mean that there is no more AP, but instead a multi-day ticket in various denominations.

I would still purchase a PAP, however, even if the price were raised significantly. Even after the last price jump, I still think it's a great value, and worth every penny for me. IMO, the worst thing they could do would be to cut back in benefits/restrict use on the PAP program. This to me is a much bigger deal breaker than raising the cost.
    --Jonathan

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    And what happens if you want to go more often?
    You buy a regular ticket.

What if any person could only get one pass in a year. AND, that pass was capped. Once you've used your days, you could upgrade to the next level to get more days.... Or buy full price admission.

I know a lot of people that currently go 100-200 times a year would not like the cap.

That isn't the question. The question is, if that was the ONLY option, would you buy an AP with a cap on the number of trips that made it cost at least $10 a day to go?

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    30 trips a year..... Twice a month, with an extra 6 visists tossed in for good measure. That wouldn't be enough to just drop in for a couple hours on some of the trips.
    You know, I really don't like to measure my leisure in terms of dollars and cents - especially Disneyland. It sort of ruins the magic.

I may be enough, it may not - but the fact that I would have to justify the "worth" of a trip would reall be uninspiring.

Maybe going to the beach would start becomming more valuable.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI
    I would still purchase a PAP, however, even if the price were raised significantly.
    So, add a $520 Super PAP capped at 52 visits a year.

Would you buy it?

Must it be "all or nothing", or would you still buy an AP if it had a cap?

Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast